• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Relationship Question for Type 9s

gromit

likes this
In terms of initiating romantic relations, have you typically been aggressor, pursued, or something else, like meet in the middle?

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I tend to be a meet in the middle kind of person, attempt to understand where they are coming from and their needs, and attempt to articulate mine in a way they can understand, so we can use that understanding to find a middle ground that is good for the both of us...

Edit: ah, changed the question a bit, uh, as far as initiating relationships (romantic), I usually don't, I often try to initiate friendships, which is often misinterpreted as trying to initiate a romantic relationship... But if some one is quite obvious about their interest in me, and I happen to feel a romantic relationship with them has a decent chance of working out, or at least not endangering our friendship if it doesn't, then I am willing to meet in the middle, occasionally even going a bit further into being the aggressor...

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
In my experience, I tend to think of it like a dance... sort of... Both parties know there is interest on both sides, so they continue advances, the give and take. So in the end both parties are both the aggressor and the pursued.. just in different ways.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, like a trench war :laugh:

wolfy

awsm
I haven't initiated anything in years but I think I tend to be meet in the middle. I want to be aware of something and then build on that. Make sense?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I like to be pursued, the dance, if you will. But in every serious relationship I have had, including my marriage, I was the initiator (the aggressor, I guess using the language of this thread.) Then the dance commenced.

How un-9 of me lol! idk, just sensed the electric and went for it!

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's been a sort of mutual thing, I guess. I tend to assume that people aren't interested in me. It's not that I can't read signs, but I still assume that it was an accident, or they are just very friendly, and don't want to risk looking like a fool, so I wait for beyond-a-doubt confirmation that there is a definite interest there, before I will do anything at all. When I am assured of that, however, I have no trouble being the one to try to make something of that mutual interest.

I'm not sure if that answered anything. :laugh:

Chloe

edit; i had 2 9 bfs, I pursued both. One even specifically told me he will NEVER made the first move if i dont do it...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ ooh yeah i had a... guy friend... who was INFP and i would put money on him being a 9. we were never official... my usual style is pursue enough to let the person know i'm interested, and then let them make a move... usually they make a move because usually i go after Js... he never did... eventually one night we just ended up on his couch together and both of us kept scooting closer and then once i was pretty much in his lap it was kinda clear we were more than friends
:laugh:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it comes to the first couple of meet-ups with a new person, I tend to be the person being pursued (not always but....) After that, it depends if I take a liking to that person or if the other person is willing to get me to initiate meeting up with him/her.

However, there are times I initiate contact.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
It has typically been meet-in-the-middle. That said,

they pursued me = ugh
meet-in-the-middle = ok
I pursued them = gold

cheers,
Ian

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We do both. What else is there to tell?

B

brainheart

All 3.

The people who've pursued I wasn't too into.

When I did the pursuing it totally killed my inner peace/ turned me into a paranoid unhealthy whacko so I imagine it was doomed for failure.

Middle of the road ended in marriage.