User Tag List

123 Last

brainheart

Default Looking for 4w5 sx/so examples

Anyone got any? I always hear about how sx/so is supposed to be this really extroverted type, but it seems to be mine and I am very much an introvert. Thing is, when I do talk, I have a tendency to provoke, play the devil's advocate, etc. I definitely am a button-pusher. So I'm looking for examples, please. I imagine them to look like some sort of Fiona Apple/Conor Oberst hybrid.

Thanks for the help!

brainheart

Actually, how is this not 4w5 sx/so?

sx/so
    This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this subvariant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this subvariant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.
    Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
    Familiar roles: provocateur, activist, exhibitionish
    Last edited by brainheart; 02-11-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Marlon Brando and Heath Ledger (?)

brainheart

yeah, i can totally see brando-

Although I would never flirt so openly like that...

Not a 4w5 but a 5w4 sx/so, ha I can relate to the whole wanting to pusch people's buttons ah.. good times and so many enemies but I think the energy maybe a bit more subdued for us introvertes. I think 4w5/5w4's cross-over alot in terms of ideas etc, both are extremely eccentric. Here's my favourite 5w4 sx/so of all time, Bill Hicks ah I wonder if the overarching morbidity is an sx/so thing? maybe a 4/5-5/4 thing?.

[YOUTUBE="qdluglmE2Cs"]Bill Hicks[/YOUTUBE]

and

[YOUTUBE="H_yFprgXIF4"]Bill and a Heckler[/YOUTUBE]

^ yeah given Bill's personality, clearly he was an INTP 5w4 (Carlin being an ENTP, not sure of the enneatype and stacking, maybe a 7 with 5 integration) idk about stacking), I have a theory that being an sx/so in the case with 5w4's, it's something i've noticed with bill, and with myself, that there is closer connection with type 8, maybe due to integration?, but I've noticed alot of mental aggression, especially when criticised, we become hyper-sensitive, and sort of rever to this 'why do I have to deal with these FUCKING IDIOTS!" mode, it's very aggressive, though I don't think fives would act out on such aggressive tendencies, I certainly wouldn't... though violent revenge fantasies are pretty neat...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Here are a few examples of 4w5/5w4 Sx/So

[youtube=IasOkulcDQk]Yukio Mishima 4w5 Sx/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=Jh6TutaQ6sA]Heath Ledger 4w5 Sx/So[/youtube]

[youtube=iREKEWdjAUU]John Lennon 5w4 Sx/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=8msBBzkJn_E]Patti Smith 5w4 Sx/So[/youtube]

Marlon Brando was a 4w5 Sx/Sp
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Not a 4w5 but a 5w4 sx/so, ha I can relate to the whole wanting to pusch people's buttons ah.. good times and so many enemies but I think the energy maybe a bit more subdued for us introvertes. I think 4w5/5w4's cross-over alot in terms of ideas etc, both are extremely eccentric. Here's my favourite 5w4 sx/so of all time, Bill Hicks ah I wonder if the overarching morbidity is an sx/so thing? maybe a 4/5-5/4 thing?.

[YOUTUBE="qdluglmE2Cs"]Bill Hicks[/YOUTUBE]

and

[YOUTUBE="H_yFprgXIF4"]Bill and a Heckler[/YOUTUBE]

^ yeah given Bill's personality, clearly he was an INTP 5w4 (Carlin being an ENTP, not sure of the enneatype and stacking, maybe a 7 with 5 integration) idk about stacking), I have a theory that being an sx/so in the case with 5w4's, it's something i've noticed with bill, and with myself, that there is closer connection with type 8, maybe due to integration?, but I've noticed alot of mental aggression, especially when criticised, we become hyper-sensitive, and sort of rever to this 'why do I have to deal with these FUCKING IDIOTS!" mode, it's very aggressive, though I don't think fives would act out on such aggressive tendencies, I certainly wouldn't... though violent revenge fantasies are pretty neat...
    I always saw Hicks as an ENFP, probably 7w8.

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    I always saw Hicks as an ENFP, probably 7w8.
    Eh I really can't see bill as a 7w8 at all, just really can't, nor as an ENFP, below is an interview he did after he recorded the first half of Rant in E minor, I think in his skits there is alot of Ti-Ne interplay, which is plus there is this 4 need to be unique, combined with a 5's detachment as well as a bit of superiority that can be seen with 5w4's (yeah sorry guys but it's there). I think his use of Ne and his use of hallucinogens add to this this rather idiosyncratic vision of the world, lol speak with any 5w4 and you'll see something rather similar, either this extreme or the other which is morbid nihilism. oh, and his entire skits, like Carlin, focus on things not logically making sense, Ti-Ne (Bill) and Ne-Ti (Carlin), and I don't, as an INTP myself, don't think Ti is this sort of rigid precision that doesn't allow for any time of social commentary, and we're all sort of bound to do mathematics or something. But eh, I'm sure people will disagree with what i've said here... oh well

Here's the interview

[YOUTUBE="GdN_LGGQ4lk"]Interview[/YOUTUBE]

and a rather short documentary about his life, though with this one, it clearly shows how much of a w4 he was, playing with finding an image and whatnot... relatable [YOUTUBE="hAnjWHP7KAc"] Love the morbidity[/YOUTUBE]

this works as well, though it's sort of like a trailer

[YOUTUBE="GNQ3wsugTiE"].[/YOUTUBE]

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post

Wow, thanks for all the examples of a 5w4sx/so...

No, yeah I think there are a lot of similarities between 4w5s and 5w4s... actually have a 4w5 INFP teenage male friend who LOVES Bill Hicks. I mention his teenage male INFP qualifiers because I think teenage male INFPs can often seem 5w4 INTP-ish. It's hard being a sensitive guy... We actually started chatting on an INTP forum, way back when we both thought we were INTP 5w4s, so I guess it isn't just teenage male INFPs...

I think you notice the differences between 4w5 and 5w4 especially in the areas of integration and disintegration- for example, I can get very self-righteous and people suck, but it tends to be about 1-ish things. A good example: one new year's eve I'm in an elevator at this twenty-something yuppie very white apartment building, which right away sets me on edge, and some dumb drunk chick spills her drink, giggles and says, "Oh that's all right, Consuela or Juanita or whoever will clean it up." Holy crap did I let her have it. Right among all of these drunk revelers I completely tore her apart (much like Bill Hicks with the heckler). It's like I get this 8 energy directed toward 1 causes, and I can't help myself. (Also see my Conor Oberst clip. "I'll use their logic on you: A vote for Bush and you're goin' to hell..." ) But... as opposed to the Bill Hicks blatant vulgarity, I think 4w5s tend to be a bit more refined about it, also. As my husband says when he's irritated by me, "You think you are so much better than everyone else." He does have a point.

Heath Ledger... wow, what a sweetheart. Definitely relate to the excitement about researching his roles, and how he starts off basically interviewing the interviewer. I love interviewing people but I hate being asked about myself. This has caused problems with psychiatrists and therapists for me. Sure, let's talk psychiatry, but don't ask me to share deep things about my feelings with you. I'd much rather have that come out in my art...

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart
    No, yeah I think there are a lot of similarities between 4w5s and 5w4s..
    The fundamental conflict of 4w5 sx/so's is that of 5w4 sx/so's, just from a slightly different angle. Both types have a strong drive to push outward with their energy which conflicts with the 5 tendency to withdraw by conceptualizing and the 4 tendency to withdraw into their emotions and differentiate themselves from the mundane world around them. 5w4's and 4w5's experience both these tendendencies and the frustrating push-pull effect that insues, the balance is just a little different.

[quote=Sure, let's talk psychiatry, but don't ask me to share deep things about my feelings with you. I'd much rather have that come out in my art... [/quote]
    I think 4w5's and 5w4's are both especially drawn to art cuz it mediates the desire towards outward expression, emotional intensity, etc. and the desire to withdraw. With art, you can express yourself forcefully, conceptualize, retreat into your emotions, etc. all at once.

I think you notice the differences between 4w5 and 5w4 especially in the areas of integration and disintegration- for example, I can get very self-righteous and people suck, but it tends to be about 1-ish things. A good example: one new year's eve I'm in an elevator at this twenty-something yuppie very white apartment building, which right away sets me on edge, and some dumb drunk chick spills her drink, giggles and says, "Oh that's all right, Consuela or Juanita or whoever will clean it up." Right among all of these drunk revelers I completely tore her apart (much like Bill Hicks with the heckler).
    That's fucked up, good for you for letting her have it. I don't think it's a good example of enneagram differences, though, because a lot of people's first impulse in that situation would probably be the same thing, regardless of type.
    5w4 sx/so