• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Signs You're a Type 4

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E4s are sooooooo cliché!

Lolz, just kidding.

Don't kill me.

Edit - [MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION] said it. Makes me laugh everytime I recall it.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thought I'd share this link that describes 4s. I do relate to this description. The "What I like" and the "What is hard" lists are 100% true for me. The only line that doesn't fit is under "As parents", which I'm not, but as a teacher I'm definitely not overly critical, but could be overly protective.
The Romantic (the Four)

Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.

How to Get Along with Me
Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!

What I Like About Being a Four
my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
my ability to establish warm connections with people
admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
being unique and being seen as unique by others
having aesthetic sensibilities
being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

What's Hard About Being a Four
experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
feeling guilty when I disappoint people
feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
expecting too much from myself and life
fearing being abandoned
obsessing over resentments
longing for what I don't have

Fours as Children Often
have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original game s
are very sensitive
feel that they don't fit in
believe they are missing something that other people have
attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)

Fours as Parents
help their children become who they really are
support their children's creativity and originality
are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed
link Type 4 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh I'm dealing with an unhealthy type 4. She went to stalk her ex boyfriend (who's already in a relationship)she hadn't seen for 3 years, he told security she was trespassing. I told her to not even bother and that she should listen to herself. Apparently she thinks her soul is a level away from becoming God and that one day she woke up as God and could see everything. And she says if we meet in person she's probably going to fall in love with me. She said she was born being 2 planes away from God because somebody told her.

I'm like this could mean you have an inflated ego. ._.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pain is delectable.

Your version of a video game includes staring into the Dark Abyss of Doom, battle the Demon Inside, to get passed the Ginormous Mirror of Erised and find the treasure chest that holds The Pearl Of Wisdom.

:coffee:

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're a four when you are reading a thread like this and you are secretly thinking; "hey, I hope I don't identify with any of these".

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you're a four when you are reading a thread like this and you are secretly thinking; "hey, I hope I don't identify with any of these".

I think any enneatype can think like that

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think any enneatype can think like that

Nope. It is especially apparent in the four. Fours don't need to belong to anything.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope. It is especially apparent in the four. Fours don't need to belong to anything.

Everyone wants to think they're perfect though

And 4's are very honest when it comes to themselves so actually if they find something wrong they'll focus on it until they either excuse themselves or become healthy

I think you might be confusing yourself for a 9.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone wants to think they're perfect though

And 4's are very honest when it comes to themselves so actually if they find something wrong they'll focus on it until they either excuse themselves or become healthy

Not sure. As a four I know I am flawed and I accept it. That focus on perfection sounds like E1.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure. As a four I know I am flawed and I accept it. That focus on perfection sounds like E1.

Nah e1 is external perfection more than internal

And fun fact: 4's integrate when they look outward rather than inward sounds counterintuitive but that's how it works. :coffee:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I doubt anybody will see this anytime soon, but I still want to know. Is Enneagram Type 4 the most prone to being sad without knowing why?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
I doubt anybody will see this anytime soon, but I still want to know. Is Enneagram Type 4 the most prone to being sad without knowing why?

Quite the opposite.
I imagine type 4 being the type most prone to being sad while knowing exactly why. Type 4 is a withdrawn type that is focused on the self, on their own emotional world, and on their own identity. It is paramount for them to feel like they understand what, why, and who they are. Not knowing why they feel what they feel must put the 4 on red-alert, so that they can figure this out ASAP so as to not feel lost about themselves.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quite the opposite.
I imagine type 4 being the type most prone to being sad while knowing exactly why. Type 4 is a withdrawn type that is focused on the self, on their own emotional world, and on their own identity. It is paramount for them to feel like they understand what, why, and who they are. Not knowing why they feel what they feel must put the 4 on red-alert, so that they can figure this out ASAP so as to not feel lost about themselves.

Thank you for the prompt response. What enneagram do you imagine would feel something without knowing why?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Thank you for the prompt response. What enneagram do you imagine would feel something without knowing why?
Hmm, that's a much tougher question to answer. Any type could feel sad, obviously, and any type could not know why. But the response to this not knowing would then be indicative of type. Type 1 might turn to action, for example, to right what they perceive as wrong. They turn feelings into "should's" which then turn into actions. And that's just one example. Each type responds in their own type-specific way, with type 4 being the most likely to dig in deep in order to unravel the 'why' behind it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you're a 4 when you think about how happy you've been for the past few days and therefor you think you're losing the sense of yourself, because you're not a happy person and you should feel sad again.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can relate to the feeling that it's okay for me to beat up myself but if others disrespect me it is NOT okay.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if there could be a thread about signs that you are a sp 4. When you are assumed to not be a 4 because you're not openly whiny.