First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Oh man... after reading this thread, now I think I'm a 4 again. But I also am extremely 1-like, 8-like, 3-like, and 5-like! Eh, I'll just stick with my current order of things and say that even though I'm more like a 1, 8, 3, or 5 than a 4, I am still extremely 4-like.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    ...when:

- you swing between arrogance and insecurity; between pretension and self-deprecation
    - you tend to get mocked for being too earnest and over-analysing everything (at least until you work out it's better to keep your mouth shut!)
    - you can somehow manage to be both an intense cynic and a fervent idealist
    - you are filled with so much self-awareness and a compulsion to dissect everything, that have no idea how to just "be in the moment"
    - you over-indulge in the use of sarcasm
    My GOD Southern Kross. How CAN it be possible to be so insightful!! That is absolutely superb.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

This 4ness is getting to me tonight. Here are a few thoughts based on my own experiences about traits which may or may not be due to 4ness:
    - Considers the self-awareness journey and the faith journey as two arms of the same path
    - Never tires of the beauty of the natural world
    - Considers the abstract to be a genuine part of nature
    - Opens one's inner self to others to the point of naivety
    - Has difficulty in answering polar opposite questions such as: am I talented person who has not made best use of his gifts; or a person of modest talent who has?
    - A failed relationship is a huge, huge disaster which can take years to get over, especially if the other person wipes you completely.

- You make others miserable when you're miserable and then try to make them happy
    - You find ways to consistently sabotage relationships over and over again even though they are extremely important to you
    - No matter what happens in a soured relationship it always feels mostly your own fault
    - You oscillate between self-love and self-hate .. but mostly self-hate
    - You cannot do anything unless you're in the right mood .. even though you know that you shouldn't wait for the right mood and just chug through, but you still do.
    - You are already self-aware that your own poor sleeping/eating habits are contributing to your ill moods and yet fail to act to make the change because you're waiting to be in the right emotional state to be in to make that change
    - You want to love the world and everything that resides within and yet you can't love yourself.
    - When hating yourself is acceptable, but being hated by someone else isn't.
    Likes Norqs liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    They're french so in France. ;D
    They're sitting in a cafe in Rive Gauche gazing wistfully into some distant landscape that unfolds only to them amids the early morning hustle and bustle of Parisians going to work, with a worn copy of Rimbauds Fleurs Du Mal resting on the wrought iron table beside their steaming espresso, and they think "I love being a misunderstood french 4".
    Not Rive Gauche-- Montmartre! Montmartre is where my soul belongs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - you don't care about impressing others, but you want to express yourself
    - others have called you self absorbed and dramatic
    - you hate doing all the fruitless, ungalamorous labor that most people seem to spend 60% of their life doing
    - you have an almost complete inability to do something you're not interested in
    - you are disgusted when someone asks you to "fit in"
    - when wearing any kind of uniform for school, work or any kind of activity, you find subtle ways to distinguish yourself by messing with it to make it look better
    - you either dress with complete apathy or do a 180 and look like your own version of a glamorous celebrity
    - you are disgusted by anyone who is fake, emotionally dishonest or people pleasing
    - you really don't care about other people at all except on an ethical level, with the exception of a few close friends
    - you frequently fight the urge to talk about yourself and encourage others to talk about themselves more
    These are good. *nod nod*
    One of my most traumatic childhood memories is my mother suggesting I become a cheerleader. A CHEERLEADER?! *throws self across bed, sobbing*

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    - You make others miserable when you're miserable and then try to make them happy
    - You find ways to consistently sabotage relationships over and over again even though they are extremely important to you
    - No matter what happens in a soured relationship it always feels mostly your own fault
    - You oscillate between self-love and self-hate .. but mostly self-hate
    - You cannot do anything unless you're in the right mood .. even though you know that you shouldn't wait for the right mood and just chug through, but you still do.
    - You are already self-aware that your own poor sleeping/eating habits are contributing to your ill moods and yet fail to act to make the change because you're waiting to be in the right emotional state to be in to make that change
    - You want to love the world and everything that resides within and yet you can't love yourself.
    - When hating yourself is acceptable, but being hated by someone else isn't.
    @ the bold. Seriously. Makes me feel like I aint getting no where

...and the rest is pretty accurate as well. The only one Ive gotten beat so far is the first one.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

- you don't care about impressing others, but you want to express yourself
    - others have called you self absorbed and dramatic
    - you hate doing all the fruitless, ungalamorous labor that most people seem to spend 60% of their life doing
    - you have an almost complete inability to do something you're not interested in
    - you are disgusted when someone asks you to "fit in"
    - when wearing any kind of uniform for school, work or any kind of activity, you find subtle ways to distinguish yourself by messing with it to make it look better
    - you either dress with complete apathy or do a 180 and look like your own version of a glamorous celebrity
    - you are disgusted by anyone who is fake, emotionally dishonest or people pleasing
    - you really don't care about other people at all except on an ethical level, with the exception of a few close friends
    - you frequently fight the urge to talk about yourself and encourage others to talk about themselves more
    ^looking back on this. this describes 3s, 7s, 8s and Sx doms much better than it does 4s
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ...and the rest is pretty accurate as well. The only one Ive gotten beat so far is the first one.
    Any tips on how you beat the first one? That's pretty much the bane of my existence.

^looking back on this. this describes 3s, 7s, 8s and Sx doms much better than it does 4s
    Point 3 and 4 is totally Inferior Si and Type 7

Second last is totally Type 1, or a high functioning 4 integrated to an average [not healthy 1] ...

Type 4's are very much about relationships [especially sx's and so's] .. it's a little known fact, but even though we're highly introspective and want to be alone most of the time, our relationships are extremely important to us.

Oh .. and the last point is both Type 4 at extremely healthy, or unhealthy levels. A very healthy 4 would definitely act as an emotional therapist for his/her friends ... however it goes in the exact opposite for an unhealthy 4 who would be primarily interested in rescuing and providing emotional therapy *only* with the motive of getting it in return. Unhealthy 4's [especially 4w3's] can get very vindictive, jealous and hateful when they've gone out on a limb for others and haven't gotten it in return.