User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You build or conceptualize novel identities among people you don't know (and would like to get to know).

You're uncomfortable when someone else in your immediate reality looks or acts like you, but fictional characters that are like you are welcome.

If you relate to this description of James Dean in this clip, starting at 1:55-3:50. Also, it nails the process of integration at 8:40:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    You're uncomfortable when someone else in your immediate reality looks or acts like you....
    It's even worse when they COPY you.

There's this 18 year old ISFJ e9 girl at my church who totally steals my style. At first I dismissed it, telling myself I'm not that original & it's just coincidence, but every single time I'd try a new look, there'd she be a few weeks later, doing the same thing. Her eyes totally "devour" everything I wear too (it's like I can SEE her making mental notes as she studies my appearance), so that I can safely say she is outright copying me . The biggest irritation is that she has more expendable income than me, so while I have to "reinvent" & even alter thrift store finds or old clothes of my own, she just goes & buys some replica at the mall.

I'm supposed to be "flattered" by this, but I can't help being a bit annoyed.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It's even worse when they COPY you.

There's this 18 year old ISFJ e9 girl at my church who totally steals my style. At first I dismissed it, telling myself I'm not that original & it's just coincidence, but every single time I'd try a new look, there'd she be a few weeks later, doing the same thing. Her eyes totally "devour" everything I wear too (it's like I can SEE her making mental notes as she studies my appearance), so that I can safely say she is outright copying me . The biggest irritation is that she has more expendable income than me, so while I have to "reinvent" & even alter thrift store finds or old clothes of my own, she just goes & buys some replica at the mall.

I'm supposed to be "flattered" by this, but I can't help being a bit annoyed.
    Well that's crappy. Perhaps one of these days you'll be able to get a clock radio, metaphorically speaking that is.

Borat: "He is my neighbor Nursultan Tuliagby. He is pain in my assholes. I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. I get a clock radio; he cannot afford. Great success!"
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Well that's crappy. Perhaps one of these days you'll be able to get a clock radio, metaphorically speaking that is.

Borat: "He is my neighbor Nursultan Tuliagby. He is pain in my assholes. I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. I get a clock radio; he cannot afford. Great success!"

She's a sweet girl, and I don't dislike her. I get comfort in knowing that I did it first & have the natural eye for aesthetics she has to plagiarize .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

brainheart

I don't think anyone has ever copied my style. I don't know, I don't think I have much of a style. I'll get compliments sometimes but I will go for days where I don't give my appearance much thought. Maybe you can blame it on a lifetime of school uniforms and the fact that I work from home. Although I did sew all of my clothes age 12-15, and I do buy everything at thrift stores- when I do have to shop I like to go to a place where everything is singular, not racks of the exact same thing in assorted sizes. I find going to regular stores depressing and unbearable; thrift stores are more of an adventure.

How I dress is definitely a barometer of my mood, though. If I'm feeling attractive and somewhat happy/energetic, I definitely put in more effort. If I'm more withdrawn and depressed I barely look at myself in the mirror and throw on whatever's on the floor. I think this might be the sx/sp at play. I'm super inconsistent like that. I can see a sp/sx like @OrangeAppled being more consistent appearance-wise. I think personal style is more important to self-pres fours. For me it's more about my moods and getting completely enveloped by them. I read somewhere the description of self pres fours being artisans and sexual fours as dramatists. This strikes me as very right on. I'm essentially a method actor in everything I do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

-you have to be the most unique one in the room
    -you feel that no one understands you
    -you get all of your clothes from "Hot Topic".

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    -you have to be the most unique one in the room
    -you feel that no one understands you
    Hot Topic? How on earth would that make you the most unique? My guess is you aren't a four...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    if this is true, i'm officially turning in my 4 card

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Wow it looks like no one got the "Hot Topic" joke, lmao