User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default What does an ISFP with enneagram 4w5 look like?

There were similar threads to this type of question, so I thought I might ask myself as I'm so curious.

ISFP's come with some stigma when it comes to the realm of facts and knowledge... being an Se, we're often fleeting in our interest... and are typically considered children when it comes to personality type. we have an inferior Te... though i'm not sure how we rank on Ti. so it seems odd to also be typed 4w5.

So, what do you guys know about the type?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

ISFP type 4w5 would have a different approach to experiencing beauty than an INFJ 4w5. Rather than taking in everything around them and converting it to a symbolic artistic moment, with Se as your auxiliary function, everything around you becomes an all out emotional experience in the present moment. It's as if you are framing what is occurring in front of you into your mind, taking a photograph in your mind of how you feel at the moment, and reaching out an experiencing every waking moment of your life to its fullest. Take for example if you were sitting outside looking at a tree... rather than saying that it symbolizes your feelings, life, etc, you'd see it as a tree, but notice the details of its bark, the beauty of the sunshine casting its rays upon the leaves. You'll feel the wind blowing in your hair, and a connection between you and this living being standing in front of you. This beauty of nature will overtake your senses, and you'll feel like your spirit is soaring with the breeze.

An ISFP 4w5 experiences beauty for what it is, and how it feels like for them. Do you find this is the case for you, Joan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Enneagram

Think of an artsy folk musician like Bob Dylan.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    ISFP type 4w5 would have a different approach to experiencing beauty than an INFJ 4w5. Rather than taking in everything around them and converting it to a symbolic artistic moment, with Se as your auxiliary function, everything around you becomes an all out emotional experience in the present moment. It's as if you are framing what is occurring in front of you into your mind, taking a photograph in your mind of how you feel at the moment, and reaching out an experiencing every waking moment of your life to its fullest. Take for example if you were sitting outside looking at a tree... rather than saying that it symbolizes your feelings, life, etc, you'd see it as a tree, but notice the details of its bark, the beauty of the sunshine casting its rays upon the leaves. You'll feel the wind blowing in your hair, and a connection between you and this living being standing in front of you. This beauty of nature will overtake your senses, and you'll feel like your spirit is soaring with the breeze.

An ISFP 4w5 experiences beauty for what it is, and how it feels like for them. Do you find this is the case for you, Joan?
    yes. but isn't this just the nature of ISFP's? no matter the enneagram?

sorry, the whole enneagram thing still perplexes me. i have too much mbti in my brain.
    -John Green

Enneagram

There's really not much to tell you, that you don't already know, I am afraid.

Well, ISFP's are very often 4w5's because the 4 description and ISFP description overlap quite a bit. It doesn't really change the flavour that much. It's like how an INTP and a 5 is basically the same thing. It's not like an INTJ 4 (which are a bit more unusual). The INTJ would have to have very strong tert. Fi. But an ISFP already has strong Fi. The only difference ISFP's have from other 4's is that they're earthier, more sensuous and a bit less imaginative in style. So they would rely more on physical stimuli (music, food, paintings, nature) than internal, imagined stimuli to amplify/express their feelings. The 5 wing reinforces the ISFP's withdrawn nature and gives the ISFP a more intellectual feel. They're usually better painters/musicians than writers/philosophers though, but they often find they are quite good with words when it is framed by something more concrete (like putting words to music, or describing a picturesque scene in nature).

Edit: Whereas an ISFP 9, would be less artistic and emotional, and more like placid and lovable peacemakers.

For the difference between ISFP 4w3 and ISFP 4w5, compare Michael Jackson (w3) and Bob Dylan (w5)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^thank you!

alright... i think 4w5 is more fitting for me then. it was the 5 wing that kept stumping me, as an ISFP.
    -John Green

I simply thought an isfp 4w5 looked like you. I am isfp 9w8, see any differences? You seem more artsy than me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I simply thought an isfp 4w5 looked like you. I am isfp 9w8, see any differences? You seem more artsy than me.
    hahaha.

i see you as a wiser and more controlled person.

my next question was actually going to be... what enneagram do you guys think i am?? perhaps you guys have gotten to know me somewhat well enough around here to make your guesses?
    -John Green

Enneagram

You and your username seems ISFPish 4ish to me. This is very 9 though:

"my head is made of clouds, but my feet are made of ground."

But this can be said about ISFP fours as well. The biggest question would probably be how you deal with your feelings. 4's amplify/analyze/dwell upon and 9's minimize/ignore/repress them.

^I never understood 9's as minimizing feelings so much as minimizing friction. They have more ideals revolving around consensus or going-with-the-flow. They're not as willing to prop up their individualism or delve into the negative sort of analysis that 4 or 5 would, but I think they're "feelings" are still brought to the forefront in another way.