ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    You and your username seems ISFPish 4ish to me. This is very 9 though:

"my head is made of clouds, but my feet are made of ground."

But this can be said about ISFP fours as well. The biggest question would probably be how you deal with your feelings. 4's amplify/analyze/dwell upon and 9's minimize/ignore/repress them.
    hmm... as of late, i feel as though i kinda minimize, ignore and repress... but it's because i decided that over analyzing things that are out of my control are not healthy for me.

i think put in that respect, 4 is more fitting for me. i've always had more of a tendency to analyze, amplify and dwell.

but the peace aspect of 9's and being one with the world i can relate to. but for me, i think of peace in the sense of finding balance within oneself. the saying, "peace comes from within." and i think it's through being a 4 with intense emotions, i sought out these aspects of being like a 9.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

"any type is capable of exhibiting any behavior, but it is the underlying motives that really set them apart."

This really helps me on deciding that I'm a 9. Enneagram is about motivation. Many of my goals and motivations have to do with seeking peace. Sure I care about my image sometimes and have wild temporary ambitions but they all stem from my desire of seeking both inner and external peace.
    And for the record, you do seem very 4 like.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post
    "any type is capable of exhibiting any behavior, but it is the underlying motives that really set them apart."

This really helps me on deciding that I'm a 9. Enneagram is about motivation. Many of my goals and motivations have to do with seeking peace. Sure I care about my image sometimes and have wild temporary ambitions but they all stem from my desire of seeking both inner and external peace.
    And for the record, you do seem very 4 like.
    Thanks, that was really helpful.

And I suppose my underlying motivation, though there are periods of differences or of peace, are to understand myself-- or rather find myself, develop myself... and so forth.

Haha. I'm curious in what ways I come off as a 4 now.
    -John Green

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Haha. I'm curious in what ways I come off as a 4 now.
    I think we tend to analyze our feelings and motivations a lot- there's this relentless search for understanding of self. Most people don't seem to talk about themselves in the way we do. I think to others we can seem self-absorbed. Which we tend to be

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think we tend to analyze our feelings and motivations a lot- there's this relentless search for understanding of self. Most people don't seem to talk about themselves in the way we do. I think to others we can seem self-absorbed. Which we tend to be
    i had always been worried and self conscious about this in the past... coming off self absorbed, that is. it's another one of those reasons i tend to pull myself away from forums like this every once in a while. i feel as though people get sick of me and my stories.
    -John Green

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i had always been worried and self conscious about this in the past... coming off self absorbed, that is. it's another one of those reasons i tend to pull myself away from forums like this every once in a while. i feel as though people get sick of me and my stories.
    Yep. Pretty much why I retreat from everyone after awhile as well. I feel pulled to talk about my personal world, it's like I can't help myself. It's what I feel I need to share, but then I start to notice others never seem to do it to the level I do, and I feel that good ol' sense of shame, of being a self-conscious, self-absorbed, defective weirdo. La la.