• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] An INTJ Enneagram 4...how does it looks like?

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sure that I'm an enneagram 4w5 sx/sp/so and I think (just think) that I am INTJ too. Maybe I am just another mistyped INFJ or INFP...Still, how do look INTJs enneagram 4? How do they deal with their emotions and the world in general? And how they communicate with people? I'm afraid I've never met any, so I'm curious. Sorry if there already is a similar theme and I just created another useless thread.

SilentNight

I think it's possible if you have a well developed tert Fi, although INTJ's 4 are not common.

hearthem

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm split down the middle from INFJ and INTJ, s in my fi = ti and fe = te, [though my fi is the highest] and a type 4w5. I'm not completely an INTJ but thought I could help your question. Unfortunately I'm failing to understand by your question of 'what we look like'.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 4s are actually very common, but most are mistyped as F (usually as INFJ -- I actually think as many as a third of supposed INFJs are actually INTJ). CF's description is about right though.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

This... This makes me wonder.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 4 examples:

Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass, 4w3 sp/sx)
Edward Cullen (Twilight, 4w5 sx/sp)
Severus Snape (Harry Potter, 4w5 so/sx)
The Count (The Count of Monte Cristo, 4w3 sp/sx)
Dracula (Gary Oldman version, 4w3 sx/sp)
Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights, 4w3 sp/sx)
Richard Nixon (4w3 sx/so)
Ludwig van Beethoven (4w5 sx/sp)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Q: what does an INTJ 4 look like?
A: a vampire =P

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a sparkling vampire

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Q: what does an INTJ 4 look like?
A: a vampire =P

There's a constant bias on typology to systematically type vampires as 4. Because of Draculla, or as a more general rule, because of all the emo shit around the vampire myth.

Of course, it is a wrong way to type. Edward Cullen, for example, is not a 4w5 Sx/Sp but a 3w2 Sp/Sx.

And Richard Nixon is not a 4 and not Sexual in any way. He's a 6w5 So/Sp, not a 4w3 Sx/So. This is just stupid.

Chloe

INTJ 4 is completely possible.
My mum is ISTJ 4.

She can make you believe she is a feeler even! :D

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm split down the middle from INFJ and INTJ, s in my fi = ti and fe = te, [though my fi is the highest] and a type 4w5. I'm not completely an INTJ but thought I could help your question. Unfortunately I'm failing to understand by your question of 'what we look like'.

Sorry, I guess I formulated my question wrong. I meant how they express themselves.

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ 4s are actually very common, but most are mistyped as F (usually as INFJ -- I actually think as many as a third of supposed INFJs are actually INTJ). CF's description is about right though.

Can I ask you how could one distinguish who is an INFJ and who is actually an INTJ if an INTJ would have a high developed Fi? I'm really confused and I would like to know what type I really am.

Chloe

Can I ask you how could one distinguish who is an INFJ and who is actually an INTJ if an INTJ would have a high developed Fi? I'm really confused and I would like to know what type I really am.

when you react to things/stress emotionally, do you think you were weak or something like that ? just curious. like you are shocked by your own uncontroled behavior.

Nicodemus

You are likely to end up as an INXJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a constant bias on typology to systematically type vampires as 4. Because of Draculla, or as a more general rule, because of all the emo shit around the vampire myth.
Vampire culture in general is actually mostly portrayed as 7w8 sp/sx -- hedonistic, reckless abandon. Vampires are usually Fours when they're protrayed sympathetically.

Of course, it is a wrong way to type. Edward Cullen, for example, is not a 4w5 Sx/Sp but a 3w2 Sp/Sx.
Edward Cullen tries to kill himself when he thinks Bella is dead. Totally sx-dominant there. I'd almost type him sx/so, but he hates regular human society. He's additionally no 3w2. He's not at all concerned with being the best - in fact, he's obsessed with his self-image as the worst, as a damned creature. He wallows in that self-loathing 24/7. That sounds to me like a 4 preserving his own self-image.

And Richard Nixon is not a 4 and not Sexual in any way. He's a 6w5 So/Sp, not a 4w3 Sx/So. This is just stupid.
Nixon was exceedingly sx - he was OBSESSED with his wife, also known as the random girl he stalked through college and asked to marry him on the first date. And he could have been a 3w4, but he was no real 6 - he was, if anything, too reckless, going against the advice of 6 advisors like Haldemann and Erlichmann. I'd guess 4 rather than 3, however, given his excessive emotionality and love of emotional expression (usually anger), like crying and praying with Kissinger and his frequent "BLAAAARGGHH COMMIES JEWS!" rants to his cabinet.

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
when you react to things/stress emotionally, do you think you were weak or something like that ? just curious. like you are shocked by your own uncontroled behavior.

Absolutely yes. I always say myself that next time I'll take it easy but then...Well, nothing is as I imagined.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi tends to focus more on personal values and beliefs, whereas Fe focuses more on the environment -- on accomodating other people's feelings and beliefs, and won't spare much consideration to one's own. Fi is essentially steadfastly independent (where it comes to ethics), and will always strive to be true to its heart. Fe types, by comparison, will generally agree with what people they're emotionally close to believe.

And then there's the logical aspect to the INTJ/INFJ rift: Te vs Ti. Generally speaking, a Ti type will trust first and foremost what they themselves can make logical sense of. They will be wary of external evidence (because it can ultimately be wrong, or tainted), and will believe what they find to be logically consistent. Te types by comparison, believe that internal logical consistency is ultimately subjective and flawed, and will demand external proof that something is real. It is possible for INFJs with a lot of Ti to mistake themselves for INTJ, but it's likely not quite as common as the reverse.

Hope that helps. :)