• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] An INTJ Enneagram 4...how does it looks like?

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Charnette, have you read profile descriptions of INFJs and INTJs?

Does either of them seem to fit you better than the other?

Sure, I read many different descriptions of both types and I think that the description of an INTJ suits me better (except the part where it says that INTJs are great in technology and science). INFJ description also applies to me, but a little less. I'm not such a humanist like most INFJs and I am not so interested in relationships.

I would describe myself as a quiet individualist with a penchant for mysteries, horror stories and poetry from the nineteenth century, and psychology. I'm not the typical scientist as much INTJs seem to be, but I'm not, as I said, a humanist. Still, I do not think that I'm INXJ. Description of INTJ Enneagram 4 looks right for me.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
In that case, as Nicodemus mentioned, don't take the "science and technology" thing too seriously.

I like science and math, but I majored in economics and rhetoric.

INTJs are known as the biggest feelers among the thinking types, and are the most likely to be artists.

You would seem to fit this subspecies of the INTJ mold.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
INTJs are known as the biggest feelers among the thinking types, and are the most likely to be artists.

You would seem to fit this subspecies of the INTJ mold.

That's interesting, I've never really seen this side of INTJ's mentioned until lately. Care to explain?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That's interesting, I've never really seen this side of INTJ's mentioned until lately. Care to explain?

The reason I think it is the case is for three reasons:

1) a tertiary feeling function will lead one to be more of a feeler than an inferior feeling function.
2) Fi is a more robust, substantive, and deep function than is Fe (as are all introverted functions, relative to their extroverted counterparts), so tertiary Fi is stronger than tertiary Fe.
3) N functions are right-brained, as are feeling functions, and thus are more associated and simpatico with F functions; therefore INTJs are more in tune with their Fi than ISTJs.

This is all for just the "typical" case, ceteris paribus.

There are emotionally retarded INTJs, individuals with different functional preferences than those prescribed by the dominant paradigm, and ISTJs who are probably extremely in touch with their feelings.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
3) N functions are right-brained, as are feeling functions, and thus are more associated and simpatico with F functions; therefore INTJs are more in tune with their Fi than ISTJ

I thought Pe was right-brained, but Pi was left-brained. While Ji was right and Je was left. That's what Lenore Thomson says anyway.

I really like the post besides that uncertainty though, interesting stuff. :)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I thought Pe was right-brained, but Pi was left-brained. While Ji was right and Je was left. That's what Lenore Thomson says anyway.

I really like the post besides that uncertainty though, interesting stuff. :)

Haha, as I was reading your very first words, my inner monologue said to me, "Yeah, according to Lenore Thomson... :rolleyes2:"

I think she said what she said in order to make the functions and hemispheres of the brain fit some model she wanted it to...

Nardi disagrees with her, as do the people at Mindframes, and, most importantly of all, so does Zarathustra! :laugh:

Seriously, though... to call Ni left-brained is retarded, imnsho.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting stuff.

I write with my left hand, i kick fotball with my left and i have the knifes and forkes reversed, spoon is with right hand. I use the pc mouse with the right, and i trow with the right. I stand goofy on skateboard. Push style is mongo allways (yes its called that) i jump with right foot.

When i was young i could easily shoot with both feet in fotball.

Try to evaluate that And my picture. :)

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Afraid are you? or have i misunderstood something?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was just confused why you were telling us all this. You want us to type you based on that right-hand/ left-hand information and your avatar?

I simply wanna hear some teories about why im like that. Is it indications of a dominant left brain and so on. think out loud.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hehe go on. this is fun. Keep pumping out ideas and i let you know a tiny secret.

And btw im stuck on work doing nothing. Haven`t done one bit of work since i arrived 08.00.

Boss is a terrible planner. And i am only a short term employee so i have figured out that i should shut up and be happy i get paid for so little work. Besides i need a good referenge and hes good with people.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Got borred of waiting. have not done any work since i showed up 08.00

Right Brain |||||||||| 40%
Left Brain |||||||||| 38%
*results won't usually add up to 100% as this test measures each side seperately

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to have fairly Equal Hemispheres

I find that percentage stuff odd.

Edit:

did another variant that i liked a bit more. At least the system.

Right Brain |||||||||||| 46%
Left Brain |||||||||||||| 54%

Overall you appear to have fairly Equal Hemispheres

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/brainpair.pl

MissLizzy

INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

I related so much with this. It left me wondering now. :shock:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
an INTJ 4 sounds like a pretty awesome type. all the objective, perceptive powers of an INTJ with the creativity, exotic tastes of a 4.

Yosako

an INTJ 4 sounds like a pretty awesome type. all the objective, perceptive powers of an INTJ with the creativity, exotic tastes of a 4.
Don't need to look further...I am.

Elis1982

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w3
Hello hello, finally i got here...ufff. Sorry for my english, it's not my motherical language. I am 4w3 INTJ. Life is really hard if this happens :). Sorrounded by:
- art and beauty of the world and other people
- falling into different forms of art and every just EVERY of them seems to be a good way for living (i paint, draw, make sculptures, sew, sing, photograph and of course i write about the dark side of life)
- analysis - quite a problem if you see a problem everywhere but at least they noticed it at work, so except of all the stuff i do i am also an operational risk correspondent
- mathematics in IT i am programming a little and decided to do the studies about data base administration&analysis (my first studies were in The State College of Shorthand and Foreign Languages, then i finished horticulture at University of life sciences - my parents choice but ok)
- i studied many languages and in my best i could communicate in 5 at the same level as in English (though it isn't perfect but most of people understand what i mean)
- i also like masculine work with tools
and many more and it drives me crazy, because i can't find myself fulfilled in anything. I am not an expert in any of the things mentioned above but i am very flexible. There are moments when i'm very proud of myself, but then i also know that i can't say i am perfect in anything. I am like a multi-task force and at work too. I translate, analyze, count, make layouts for applications and like 20 things more. 24 hrs is not enough to discover how should my perfect life look like. It's f***ing frustrating.

Feelings. As i found out that they drive me crazy too i am often occupied with doing art or studying. Seems like 5 but my feelings still sorround me and don't disconnect with people i care about. I am full of good advices about relationships but i brake up mine whenever i see that's not going to work (there're always some "come-backs" and "i'll-do-betters" declared by my partners but not "better" enough).

Look. I look like a vampire, i've been told that many times. Last time today when i had a smoke&coffee brake at 2.p.m. :)