• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] An INTJ Enneagram 4...how does it looks like?

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you, I think I understand the basics. Still, could you please give me specific examples of Fe vs. Fi and Ti vs.Te? Just to be sure.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te/Ti:

Suppose you're told that there's a teapot in orbit around the sun floating between Mars and the Asteroid belt. A Te user would immediately ask whether the teapot has been seen or otherwise established to be there. Whereas a Ti user might instead go: "Wait, that doesn't make sense. How would a teapot have gotten there in the first place?"

Fe/Fi:

It's harder to come up with a good concrete example, but in general would you say you feel unsure about your own personal beliefs and look to others for guidance, or do you prefer to go with what you feel inside is right?

Chloe

Absolutely yes. I always say myself that next time I'll take it easy but then...Well, nothing is as I imagined.

So you think that letting your emotions decide on things is weakness?
If yes i think you are INTJ.

And also regular NT vs. NF motivations should help you tell.
With functions its too hard to figure imo because you can find way to explain everything you want with functions..:/

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that's because functions are not actually related to behavior -- as such any behavior can relate to any function. They are related to the reasons behind said behavior. Like in my example above, the Te and Ti users have the same reaction to Russell's Teapot (skepticism), but they each have a very different reason for that skepticism.

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, according to cognitive function I would be an INTJ, but the problem is that I do not feel so. My intuition says something different than the reason. Like this:

Intuition: You're not an INTJ. You're an INFJ.
Me: That's impossible. I'm not so focused on people. And besides, I do not think that I use Fe.
Intuition: But you're not INTJ, because you're very emotional and not always rational. And in mathematics and sciences you're an absolute disaster.
Me: But I can't be an INFJ because...

Oh my gosh ... absolute confusion :doh:

Nicodemus

Even INTJs have emotions. We just usually do not wear them as makeup. Mathematics was not my favorite subject either. I am much better with language.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, according to cognitive function I would be an INTJ, but the problem is that I do not feel so. My intuition says something different than the reason. Like this:

Me: That's impossible. I'm not so focused on people. And besides, I do not think that I use Fe.
Intuition: But you're not INTJ, because you're very emotional and not always rational. And in mathematics and sciences you're an absolute disaster.

You're INTJ.

Sunny Ghost

INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

i'm glad i read this. i've been thinking about a particular friend of mine today and his mbti type. i've yet to figure him out. this, however, sounds about right... i was just thinking a slightly softer INTJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm going with my fool-proof typing method:

1. No INTJ would have that avatar.

2. Aleksei thought you were an INTJ.

Therefore, you are an INFJ. Or maybe an INxJ.

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm going with my fool-proof typing method:

1. No INTJ would have that avatar.

2. Aleksei thought you were an INTJ.

Therefore, you are an INFJ. Or maybe an INxJ.

This is very simplified, isn't it? And as for the avatar, I'm going to change it, I don't like it anyway. It's too..sweet. However, thank you for your opinion.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is very simplified, isn't it? And as for the avatar, I'm going to change it, I don't like it anyway.

It was part joke, part serious.

INTJs and INFJs tend to choose differently flavored avatars.

Your new avatar, unfortunately, does not fit well into that pattern...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, did someone say INTJs and avatars?

Anime.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I find INFJs to tend to have avatars with a sort of dark melancholy and/or a guarded aloofness to them.

If they have a fairy and/or fantasy theme to them, as ENFPs' and INFPs' often do, the INFJs will tend to have a darker bent.

INTJs tend to have a sort of individualistic bent to their avatars -- not necessarily dark, but they do tend to be...

While the INTJ-anime thing is often true, there are far too many non-INTJs with anime avatars, and far too many INTJs without them (we're 0/2 in this thread alone), for it to be that useful.

In INTJ avatars, there seems to be a sort of "I'm fine by myself" quality, while, in INFJ avatars, there's more of a "I am aloof, but I would wish to get to know you if you're good and will let me" quality to them.

I'm not sure whether Charnette's new one falls on either side of that line... it seems sorta, indeterminable...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

But you prefer it, or this is how it seems, is it? And it's not necessarily being emotional just being "guided by values", do you have personal convictions, and do you have a tendency to disregard them, because it might be your tert. peeking up to the surface.

Chloe

Its so completely obvious tht Charnette is INTJ that I dont even see a reason why is this thread still active :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Charnette, have you read profile descriptions of INFJs and INTJs?

Does either of them seem to fit you better than the other?

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I find INFJs to tend to have avatars with a sort of dark melancholy and/or a guarded aloofness to them.

If they have a fairy and/or fantasy theme to them, as ENFPs' and INFPs' often do, the INFJs will tend to have a darker bent.

INTJs tend to have a sort of individualistic bent to their avatars -- not necessarily dark, but they do tend to be...

While the INTJ-anime thing is often true, there are far too many non-INTJs with anime avatars, and far too many INTJs without them (we're 0/2 in this thread alone), for it to be that useful.

In INTJ avatars, there seems to be a sort of "I'm fine by myself" quality, while, in INFJ avatars, there's more of a "I am aloof, but I would wish to get to know you if you're good and will let me" quality to them.

I'm not sure whether Charnette's new one falls on either side of that line... it seems sorta, indeterminable...

How do I play into this trend?