User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Thank you, I think I understand the basics. Still, could you please give me specific examples of Fe vs. Fi and Ti vs.Te? Just to be sure.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Te/Ti:

Suppose you're told that there's a teapot in orbit around the sun floating between Mars and the Asteroid belt. A Te user would immediately ask whether the teapot has been seen or otherwise established to be there. Whereas a Ti user might instead go: "Wait, that doesn't make sense. How would a teapot have gotten there in the first place?"

Fe/Fi:

It's harder to come up with a good concrete example, but in general would you say you feel unsure about your own personal beliefs and look to others for guidance, or do you prefer to go with what you feel inside is right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Charnette View Post
    Absolutely yes. I always say myself that next time I'll take it easy but then...Well, nothing is as I imagined.
    So you think that letting your emotions decide on things is weakness?
    If yes i think you are INTJ.

And also regular NT vs. NF motivations should help you tell.
    With functions its too hard to figure imo because you can find way to explain everything you want with functions..:/

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Well, that's because functions are not actually related to behavior -- as such any behavior can relate to any function. They are related to the reasons behind said behavior. Like in my example above, the Te and Ti users have the same reaction to Russell's Teapot (skepticism), but they each have a very different reason for that skepticism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Well, according to cognitive function I would be an INTJ, but the problem is that I do not feel so. My intuition says something different than the reason. Like this:

Intuition: You're not an INTJ. You're an INFJ.
    Me: That's impossible. I'm not so focused on people. And besides, I do not think that I use Fe.
    Intuition: But you're not INTJ, because you're very emotional and not always rational. And in mathematics and sciences you're an absolute disaster.
    Me: But I can't be an INFJ because...

Oh my gosh ... absolute confusion

Even INTJs have emotions. We just usually do not wear them as makeup. Mathematics was not my favorite subject either. I am much better with language.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Charnette View Post
    Well, according to cognitive function I would be an INTJ, but the problem is that I do not feel so. My intuition says something different than the reason. Like this:

Intuition: You're not an INTJ. You're an INFJ.
    Me: That's impossible. I'm not so focused on people. And besides, I do not think that I use Fe.
    Intuition: But you're not INTJ, because you're very emotional and not always rational. And in mathematics and sciences you're an absolute disaster.
    Me: But I can't be an INFJ because...

Oh my gosh ... absolute confusion
    You're INTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Ginkgo

It smells like Narnia.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.
    i'm glad i read this. i've been thinking about a particular friend of mine today and his mbti type. i've yet to figure him out. this, however, sounds about right... i was just thinking a slightly softer INTJ.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm going with my fool-proof typing method:

1. No INTJ would have that avatar.

2. Aleksei thought you were an INTJ.

Therefore, you are an INFJ. Or maybe an INxJ.