• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] What MBTI Configuration Correlates with ENNEAGRAM 9?

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So, I've got a friend that I'm trying to type in MBTI but it's proving a bit difficult for me.

She's definitely a 9 in the Enneagram, so I was wondering what MBTI most often present as 9s when it comes to the Enneagram. She hates conflict and will very often go with the flow to avoid speaking out, often acting as an arbiter in other people's arguments to find a peaceful conclusion for all. She's very pragmatic in her world view (i.e. life, politics, etc.) and cannot really understand dedication to an ideology that may not concern itself explicitly with the day-to-day.

I'm not quite sure if she's I or E, which is tripping me up. She seems quite comfortable in both situations. She's often out of the house meeting up with her friends though and loves going to gigs. She is always busy, it seems, so I suppose I would lean towards an E-type.

Anyway, what're your thoughts about it? :confused:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I don't know too much of eneagramm yet, because I was not really that much interested in it yet (I don't know my own eneagramm type), but I read a little little bit about it. I think it is hard to deduce only from eneagramm to an MBTI, because the same MBTI types can be different eneagramm types, and obviously same eneagramm types can be different MBTI types since there is only around half as many types as in MBTI.

Still I hear there is some tendencies that some MBTI types correlate stronger to specific eneagramm types than others. I hear INFP is not uncommon for eneagramm type 9 although there seem to be more eneagramm type 4's and maybe 5's in INFPs. From descriptions I heard of eneagramm type 9, it could apply very well to an old school mate of mine who I would type as ISFP though.

I think the easiest way would be to type her basing on MBTI descriptions and methods only and then after that use eneagramm type to verify the probability of the result. It will be difficult imho to MBTI-type her only by eneagramm type.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I agree, but I'm looking for someone to narrow down the types to three or four MBTI configurations. That way, I could then analyse the select few to determine better her type.

Chloe

istj are often 9s, which your friend in the OP sounds like she could be

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
istj are often 9s, which your friend in the OP sounds like she could be

Yes, I was thinking about this the other day and, reading the type profile again after your suggestion, I think this may be accurate. I completely forgot about the ISTJ "good citizen" inclination, and this is bang on for my friend. She works in politics and always talks about one's duty to society. She finds it difficult to comprehend when I challenge her on society; she cannot understand the notion of society being a construct or of it not existing in any other way than its current form (i.e. in a wholly different form; systemically different).

Cheers Petra Pan :cheers:

Chloe

9s also disintegrate to 6 and some of it sounds a lot like 6; but i have trouble telling 6 and SJ appart. But i think you are on good track with istj.. and it makes sense because if she was some typical 9 mbti type that is similar to 9s characteristics - ex isfp. you wouldnt have trouble with typing her
istj and 9 are very opposite characteristics which can make it confusing

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I've got a friend that I'm trying to type in MBTI but it's proving a bit difficult for me.

She's definitely a 9 in the Enneagram, so I was wondering what MBTI most often present as 9s when it comes to the Enneagram. She hates conflict and will very often go with the flow to avoid speaking out, often acting as an arbiter in other people's arguments to find a peaceful conclusion for all. She's very pragmatic in her world view (i.e. life, politics, etc.) and cannot really understand dedication to an ideology that may not concern itself explicitly with the day-to-day.

I'm not quite sure if she's I or E, which is tripping me up. She seems quite comfortable in both situations. She's often out of the house meeting up with her friends though and loves going to gigs. She is always busy, it seems, so I suppose I would lean towards an E-type.

Anyway, what're your thoughts about it? :confused:
This is a bad way to type. Any E-type can correspond to any MBTI type. That said, Enneagram 9 corresponds most to IxFx, followed by IxTx and ENFP.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
She's almost certainly ISTJ having looked back at the type profile.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every types except ExTJ probably.