• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] What do stressed out 9's look like?

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
when i am really stressed--
i don't talk about my problems to anyone. sometimes i even avoid people completely.
i get very annoyed and argumentative and angry if somebody tries to reach out to me.
i get really closeminded
i get tons and tons of untapped energy, physical energy that HAS TO BE LET OUT.

A

A window to the soul

Very, very quiet. I think it depends on the level of stress though. Under extreme stress, the extreme opposite is true.

gromit

likes this
A medium amount makes me super efficient, actually. More stress makes me kind of avoidant. Even more stress makes me have a little bit of a meltdown.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Very, very quiet. I think it depends on the level of stress though. Under extreme stress, the extreme opposite is true.

I'm this way too. My fiance started freaking out because I was being really quiet the last couple of weeks. He didn't understand that I was just stressed and didn't have a whole lot too say because I was too busy thinking everything through in my head.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
When stressed in a bad way (frustration, not getting things done, being dumped on, dealing with situations I can't control, etc) I can get very touchy and emotional (basically a 180 of my usual self). I will withdraw, "I don't need your help, please go away and let me think" is what I'm thinking if not saying. I can drop the ball BAD on things that are "peripheral" to me (but shouldn't be) like prior social engagements, paying bills, etc. People get pissed off, for good reason.

I also agree that moderate stress can force me to focus/be more productive, but past a certain point (uncontrollable) it probably makes me less efficient on top of things.

(edit)

I will also add:

I have a bad tendency to take on more than I should, and to accommodate more than I should. Some part of me knows this, so when extreme stress hits, these things get dropped like a hot rock. Suddenly I'm not willing to bend/flex when I would before, I'm not willing to do things I did without complaint before. This can surprise/hurt people.

Last edited: