• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] How do fives show affection generally?

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
For me, something that has played a big part in understanding where I stand with a five, is learning, acknowledging and appreciating, how they might give the 'green light'. Obviously instinctual variants, love styles, jungian type, and other things factor in as to how a type 5 might reciprocate. But generally how, who, when, why do fives reciprocate? subjective individual answers will be helpful too.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Personally, when it comes to romance I don't have much problems with being intimate and open with the person. For me, the "green" (or "red") light happens mostly at the beginning when I get my immediate and instinctive feeling about the other person. If I like the potential and vibe I pick up, I don't have a problem with going further and if there are no compatibility problems, the person isn't crazy, etc. things go pretty smoothly unless they do something that makes me feel unsafe. If this happens, I can withdraw very, very much. I am happily married with someone who makes me feel super safe, and I am pretty open and affectionate, etc.

I seem to be picky though. Not on purpose, more because I have to really like the feeling I get (I think because I am sx-instinct first), and this doesn't happen very often, plus I am really sensitive (typical of 5). I am similar with picking friends.