User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Type 6 sucks

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah...Nope. View Post
    I'm so sorry you go through this. Can't even imagine the anxiety 6s go through. Parents sometimes get caught up with the harsh realities of life and fail to see problems unless it's really obvious. Perhaps opening up about these issues will help them, a partner or close friend understand your trauma and give you the emotional support you need.

    After learning about enneagram and how 6s tick made me more accepting of my husband's insecurities and worries. I really thought he was going insane... And dragging me along in the process.

    I think every parent have intrusive thoughts about death and safety, but the love you have for your kids makes it all worth it. The love you feel takes over all other feelings. I know it sounds cliché, but you'll get it when you get there.

    Being able to get deeper insight, advice and support from people like you guys on TypoC is invaluable. *hugs*
    Thanks, it's kind of stressful worrying. Generally i'm pretty chill actually, calm and a bit arrogant, it's just when I feel vulnerable or sense anyone/thing I feel responsible for is then these anxieties come out. My parents aren't that sympathetic, my mum just worries that I'll get depressed and pull out of my course and my dad tells me to harden up and i'm just creating excuses for being lazy. My mum things I'll be an overanxious father as well which depresses me...

    What makes it the situation worse is that I've got elements of types 1 and 2 as well (full type 6w5, 1w2, 3w2). Here are my test results:

    Cognitive Functions (not so sure why i come out as an INFJ, but I seem to get the same results with pretty much every test i take online )

    Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.1)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.7)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.4)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.7)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.4)
    excellent use

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

    Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

    Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

    If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INFP
    Enneagram (I agree with this 100%)

    You are a Type 6 with a 5 wing: "The Defender"

    Your trifix is 6w5, 1w2, 3w2.

    In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

    Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 6 with a 5 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Five wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the cerebral nature of the Type Five. As a result, you often excel at concrete thinking and troubleshooting.

    Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two. This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people, and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview.

    Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

    Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

  2. #22
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I almost feel like type 6 borders on being the quintessence of what it means to be human - fear of the unknown threat - the drive to find shelter and support - the inclination for rational problem solving that separates us from most other creatures. All of these things sound like type 6. They sound like the struggle to strive for our most basic needs. I would say type 9 and type 3 nearly fit the bill, but they'e not cerebral enough. Not to give 6s more than their fair share of congratulations for being who they are - being a type 6 comes with as many pitfalls as it does strengths. Just something to consider before you go distancing yourself from them with judgments.
    Likes lecky liked this post

  3. #23
    Junior Member Yeah...Nope.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ERMM
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I almost feel like type 6 borders on being the quintessence of what it means to be human - fear of the unknown threat - the drive to find shelter and support - the inclination for rational problem solving that separates us from most other creatures. All of these things sound like type 6. They sound like the struggle to strive for our most basic needs. I would say type 9 and type 3 nearly fit the bill, but they'e not cerebral enough. Not to give 6s more than their fair share of congratulations for being who they are - being a type 6 comes with as many pitfalls as it does strengths. Just something to consider before you go distancing yourself from them with judgments.
    Something I read which you basically summed up @Ginkgo

    Type 6(Head Triad)

    Type six is the most "human" enneagram type and arguably the most authentic in that respect. All enneagram fixations are coping strategies to deal with the world and the six gestalt is most representative of the struggles of humanity throughout its history. More than any other type the life story of a six is about "coming into their own".

    Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

  4. #24
    Junior Member Yeah...Nope.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ERMM
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Thanks, it's kind of stressful worrying. Generally i'm pretty chill actually, calm and a bit arrogant, it's just when I feel vulnerable or sense anyone/thing I feel responsible for is then these anxieties come out. My parents aren't that sympathetic, my mum just worries that I'll get depressed and pull out of my course and my dad tells me to harden up and i'm just creating excuses for being lazy. My mum things I'll be an overanxious father as well which depresses me...

    What makes it the situation worse is that I've got elements of types 1 and 2 as well (full type 6w5, 1w2, 3w2). Here are my test results:

    Cognitive Functions (not so sure why i come out as an INFJ, but I seem to get the same results with pretty much every test i take online )



    Enneagram (I agree with this 100%)
    Hang in there, @SilentMusings. My husband chose his way earlier in life, defying his parent's wishes. He went through what you did as well, father calling him lazy, mother enabled him to the point where he depends on me now for almost everything. He told me that the one thing he never regret is following his passion, which, in his case is being a musician. What he regrets, though is not being responsible or persevering enough when he was young to fully prepare himself for his chosen path to pave his way. He took too many shortcuts in his excitement to follow his dream. I'm sure your parents are concerned about your future, as parents are wont to do. But in the end, it will be your life and you must work at it now to make it easier later.

    Perhaps acceptance of who you are is the first step to finding yourself. By being on here and reaching out to similar people will help you work things out.

    I'm sorry for being preachy. I'm no therapist nor counselor to validate my ramblings. I have been with my E6 for 21 years and all I can do is relay what we've been through together.

  5. #25
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah...Nope. View Post
    Something I read which you basically summed up @Ginkgo

    Type 6(Head Triad)

    Type six is the most "human" enneagram type and arguably the most authentic in that respect. All enneagram fixations are coping strategies to deal with the world and the six gestalt is most representative of the struggles of humanity throughout its history. More than any other type the life story of a six is about "coming into their own".

    Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
    I suspect that it's easier to judge a 6 when your quality of life is above average - in some ways 6 almost makes every other type look like they take their very existence for granted.

  6. #26
    Junior Member Yeah...Nope.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ERMM
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I suspect that it's easier to judge a 6 when your quality of life is above average - in some ways 6 almost makes every other type look like they take their very existence for granted.
    My quality of life isn't above average. My husband is a musician, that itself says so much about how much he can contribute financially. I'm the sole breadwinner that puts the food on the table, pays for my kids tuition, utilities and mortgage. My family unit is within the poverty bracket for urban dwellers in my country and we receive an annual meager sum from the government, which has underlying political motives as the reason for their generosity. I wake up at 545 am everyday and send my kids to school, go to work and pick them up from my mother's house and return home by 730pm.

    My husband doesn't have a regular job. His band gets performances maybe 3-4 times a month. All his earnings are for his own spending. I give him some money when he doesn't get enough.

    But the true quality of life is the love we have. Despite all the difficulties we face, maybe because of it, we are stronger than ever.

    And I wasn't used to living in hardship. I was raised in an upper middle class family, everything was given to me by my father. I was taught that education is key to a successful life.

    My chosen husband was unacceptable. He was not well educated and he didn't have a job. When I eloped with my E6, I was cast out and didn't speak to my parents for 2 years.

    So 21 years down the road, he had a few jobs that lasted a few months at most. There was always something wrong with someone. Some people who didn't treat him as he deserved.

    So forgive me for being 'judgemental' of 6s. As judgemental as I am, I never gave up on him even as all his family members has done except for his deceased mom.

  7. #27
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah...Nope. View Post
    My quality of life isn't above average. My husband is a musician, that itself says so much about how much he can contribute financially. I'm the sole breadwinner that puts the food on the table, pays for my kids tuition, utilities and mortgage. My family unit is within the poverty bracket for urban dwellers in my country and we receive an annual meager sum from the government, which has underlying political motives as the reason for their generosity. I wake up at 545 am everyday and send my kids to school, go to work and pick them up from my mother's house and return home by 730pm.

    My husband doesn't have a regular job. His band gets performances maybe 3-4 times a month. All his earnings are for his own spending. I give him some money when he doesn't get enough.

    But the true quality of life is the love we have. Despite all the difficulties we face, maybe because of it, we are stronger than ever.

    And I wasn't used to living in hardship. I was raised in an upper middle class family, everything was given to me by my father. I was taught that education is key to a successful life.

    My chosen husband was unacceptable. He was not well educated and he didn't have a job. When I eloped with my E6, I was cast out and didn't speak to my parents for 2 years.

    So 21 years down the road, he had a few jobs that lasted a few months at most. There was always something wrong with someone. Some people who didn't treat him as he deserved.

    So forgive me for being 'judgemental' of 6s. As judgemental as I am, I never gave up on him even as all his family members has done except for his deceased mom.
    Oh no. I didn't mean to imply that you were being judgmental; after all, you seemed to be in agreement with me. I was just talking out loud.

  8. #28
    Junior Member Yeah...Nope.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ERMM
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I'm sorry I took it wrongly. I was quite taken aback when you said that as I have and always try to be supportive of all types. I guess my INFJ rage took over when i felt I was unjustifiably attacked.

    *hugs back*

    Oh shit. I've never revealed so much of myself to roomful of strangers before... Dammit.

    Please don't think I'm being arrogant or egotistical. *shame*

Similar Threads

  1. No Type
    By paulwhy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
  2. This is why typing movie characters sucks.
    By Alea_iacta_est in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 07:45 PM
  3. I suck at typing - help!
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 08:04 AM
  4. [NF] What sort of topics are NF type topics?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO