First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    That's a whole different thread than finding "satisfying" work.
    True in itself, though I was making a point of how ridiculously weak my reality function is to garner reflections/ideas from 5s out of lack of comparative data because I'm too lazy to sift through threads without authoring a new one.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

4w5 but i agree

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

4w5 INFP here....same problem. I've gone on countless interviews in my life and obtained very little work from it. This seems unusual - most people seem to have better odds, based on what they've told me....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

my dad is offered jobs all the time and sticks to them, and he's a 5. i'm not sure about his wing - probably 6, but still a 5. he's in medicine.

myself, however - i'm a 3w4... i find it easy enough to get work... but to get satisfying work... ugh

i have an inkling of what i might maybe like to do but Ne (and P) associated issues are really fucking me over. basically i'm terrified to invest in something that i might not like - or, rather more terrifyingly, might not be good at. i want a passion but i'm afraid to have one that i can't deliver on. so here's something just as depressing as having a hard time getting a job: i can get a job, but as soon as i get it, i feel locked in, plus i'm afraid i won't be able to commit (eg, i'll run late all the time, will miss deadlines, etc), and it scares the hell out of me. usually i either end up quitting before i start or i hate the job to a certain degree because it takes up time i can envision doing other things with. even if i like it.

i need counseling, i guess, but i'd need money which requires me getting/keeping a job first

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Let´s just say I had my reasons for becoming a freelancer

I suffered every single day I was doing that repetitive, pointless, stressful office job - it felt like a prison. Now I´m my own boss, which means working on weekends and at night, but also taking time off whenever I feel like it and mixing business and pleasure when I´m in front of the computer. Almost every new translating or interpreting job requires some form of research, so you are bound to constantly learn something new. I´ll do solar panels on one day and an add for a perfume or a medical text on the next, which allows for the much needed variety.

Join the self-employed!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I'm tempted to say any, as one seems to require professional dishwashing experience in order to be considered for any dishwasher position.
    5w4 (or maybe other way around) here, and stuck in the same exact rut. I don't even care for satisfying at this point - I just need any job, but no job seems to want me. Dish-washing, dog-walking, floor-mopping: all require doctorates and letters of recommendation from the president... the only exception is retail, which my socially phobic self cannot even sanely entertain the idea of.

I contemplate suicide.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by fortuno View Post
    5w4 (or maybe other way around) here, and stuck in the same exact rut. I don't even care for satisfying at this point - I just need any job, but no job seems to want me. Dish-washing, dog-walking, floor-mopping: all require doctorates and letters of recommendation from the president... the only exception is retail, which my socially phobic self cannot even sanely entertain the idea of.

I contemplate suicide.
    Move to a state with low unemployment. Bonus: It will be an adventure.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fortuno View Post

I contemplate suicide.
    Oh, I've tried retail....it used to be easy to get a retail job. When I was in college, I could walk into a store & be hired on the spot.

Now, with so much unemployment & so many applicants to pick from, they weed people out with personality quizzes that basically test to see how ESxJ you are.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

haha, it's so true. has anyone ever done those Taleo assessments? the couple i've done definitely test how ESTJ you are, for management positions, and ESFJ, for retail positions.

preferably you'll be an ESTJ with excellent Fe.

which is illogical. just like the rat race.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I don't really know what my enneagram is but I suspect I may be a 9. I can't find work either. I've been doing apps for about a month and got one interview. I really should call in more but people are scary. The interview I got was with Target. They're hiring an extra person in most departments for the season. The girl there made sure to specify that it was most likely just till January. I didn't get the job. That's right, I didn't get a seasonal position in retail despite the fact that I have a 4 year degree! I actually didn't really want it. I would've had to driven five miles and it was probably minimum wage. Still, I can't help but have a hurt ego.

Things I need to do for next time:

Prepare for interview next time. The thought didn't even cross my mind. If it had I probably would've had wracked nerves. "OMG! Examples of achievement?! What's achievement? Why should I value it?"

I'm thinking about just surfing the web for good stories of achievement