User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Fi and 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    Last time I took the ennegram I came up as 3w7, so now I'm wondering...
    You can't have 3w7, wings are always adjacent to the core. eg. 4w5 or 9w8 or 7w6 rather than 9w2 or 7w5. That's if you even believe in wings at all, they are like pigs, in that they might exist someday

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    hahaha. welcome to The Three Club!!!

no seriously, you are i guess at least 7th or something like that person from this forum that i retyped as 3 and was right.
    LOL, I'm guessing this happens with other enneagram types too? Do all sevens know they are sevens, or are they all like 'I'm like 7w3'???

Actually... Most of them seem to think they are 7w5
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post

LOL, I'm guessing this happens with other enneagram types too? Do all sevens know they are sevens, or are they all like 'I'm like 7w3'???

geeky answer: if every type knew to recognize people of their own type then nobody would be mistyped.

so, the answer you are looking for is NO.

I am good at it because I am, you cant make induction with that. I am unique.

/integrates her 4 wing

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    Last time I took the ennegram I came up as 3w7, so now I'm wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    You can't have 3w7, wings are always adjacent to the core. eg. 4w5 or 9w8 or 7w6 rather than 9w2 or 7w5. That's if you even believe in wings at all, they are like pigs, in that they might exist someday

you know what the problem is? Ne is REALLY 7-like. so i do experience a lot of 7 stuff, but deep down my issues seem more 3 than 7. like, reading the average 7 profile, the damn thing sounds way more like me than 3. i do do things for the fun of them, not always the prestige or how it sounds, etc. but lots of little things weren't adding up. i still kind of question if i'm not a 7w6. it's a really close tie. i suppose it's possible that i'm just a people-pleasing and image-conscious 7, just like i'm currently thinking about myself as a scattered, fun-loving 3.

delineations like this help me a lot: "Both types may pursue the acquisition of wealth and status symbols, but with significant differences: Sevens because their sense of self is maintained by possessing things, Threes because status symbols reinforce their feeling of superiority and hence their sense of self." it's tricky too because for a Fi dom/aux identity is tied up in everything.

but thanks to Ne i wouldn't be surprised if ENxP 3s come off thinking they're 7w3 or ENTP 5s actually come off thinking they're 7w5.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    you know what the problem is? Ne is REALLY 7-like. so i do experience a lot of 7 stuff, but deep down my issues seem more 3 than 7. like, reading the average 7 profile, the damn thing sounds way more like me than 3. i do do things for the fun of them, not always the prestige or how it sounds, etc. but lots of little things weren't adding up. i still kind of question if i'm not a 7w6. it's a really close tie. i suppose it's possible that i'm just a people-pleasing and image-conscious 7, just like i'm currently thinking about myself as a scattered, fun-loving 3.

haha yeah same here, completely. this story reminds me sooo much of me. it was scary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

haha yeah same here, completely. this story reminds me sooo much of me. it was scary.
    ooh, yeah. me too. i get that.

i am about to start a job that will tie me down a good deal. it's in business, though a business i feel fairly good about supporting. in a lot of ways i feel good about it - i have worked there before, it's a nice work environment, and i will hopefully have a fairly stimulating position with decent pay and ability for upward movement. but at the same time, i never saw myself in this position! i saw something more... i dunno, glorified. something that i felt 100% right about and excited about and prestigious at. a big part of me believes maybe that will come after grad school. though honestly, given the economy, i'm lucky to get employed, i suppose.

oh, and i have to decide what to go to grad school for... haha so many directions to choose from!

ooh, yeah. me too. i get that.

i am about to start a job that will tie me down a good deal. it's in business, though a business i feel fairly good about supporting. in a lot of ways i feel good about it - i have worked there before, it's a nice work environment, and i will hopefully have a fairly stimulating position with decent pay and ability for upward movement. but at the same time, i never saw myself in this position! i saw something more... i dunno, glorified. something that i felt 100% right about and excited about and prestigious at. a big part of me believes maybe that will come after grad school.

With me it's not that some jobs/careers arent "good enough" for me, even the best of the best imaginable would be boring after few days. I can not stick with something, I feel limited, I start to think about what will I miss if I stay there. Always some other option is more tempting and I want to go there. It's literal 7s description, but pretty sure i am not 7

though honestly, given the economy, i'm lucky to get employed, i suppose.

oh my. seems like i am the only [nut] one who doesnt think like this. i am so unrealistic i guess.

oh, and i have to decide what to go to grad school for... haha so many directions to choose from!
    i had to pick when i was 18. yuck! undergrad+grad is integrated here in one program

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

With me it's not that some jobs/careers arent "good enough" for me, even the best of the best imaginable would be boring after few days. I can not stick with something, I feel limited, I start to think about what will I miss if I stay there. Always some other option is more tempting and I want to go there. It's literal 7s description, but pretty sure i am not 7
    lol yeah that happens to me too. well and it's not even about "good enough" - it's not like i mean to be snotty superior - it's mostly that in my mind i had a higher bar raised for myself and i feel like i'm not meeting that. :sad:

oh my. seems like i am the only [nut] one who doesnt think like this. i am so unrealistic i guess.
    lol well maybe. my area in particular has been hit quite hard so around here it's in the paper ever day, etc. i am lucky to get a job around here that is suited to my skills and offers upward mobility, is what i should say.

i had to pick when i was 18. yuck! undergrad+grad is integrated here in one program
    OMG :horor: that would have terrified me! it was hard enough deciding what major to do, much less graduate school. i kind of want a PhD though. so everyone has to call me Doctor.

it was hard enough deciding what major to do, much less graduate school. i kind of want a PhD though. so everyone has to call me Doctor.
    not so long time ago i figured a way to avoid finishing school and still getting called doctor:
    i'll change my name to Dr Petra.

but a healthy Three for example, actually just has an amazing love of integrity, they've seen through their game, ..do you understand, it's "i dont want to do that anymore, i am sick of doing that, and actually have a passion for integrity, more than most people... - Richard Rorh, at Oprah radio.
    this is why ENFP (Fi) and 3 can actually go quite good together... once a 3 is healthy enough.

p.s. ha ha , i knew dr.Oz is 3.