12 Last

Thread: INXP 5w4 sp/sx

Junior Member grey bottom socks's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INXP 5w4 sp/sx

I'm highly independent and curious. I enjoy being self sufficient and skeptical at times. I'm pretty much balanced, but my scores almost always tip in favor of INTP. But my cognitive functions test always suggest an INFP.

On another thread regarding sp/sx, I can agree on desiring for a connection with another. It just so rarely happens that I come across someone similar to me. But O' boy, when it does happen I want to communicate with that person whenever I get the chance (w/o seeming like an over zealous freak).

But, I'm usually fine by myself, doing most activities alone, and rarely do I feel lonely. I can get into a sense of remoteness when I spend a good deal of time without contact.

For me being 'social' just means going to the grocery store or a coffee shop and being among/around people. I'll make random comments and instigate small talk to people if I find something about them or their behavior interesting.

When I get my fill of being public, I go back to my cozy home and feel more complete and balanced. Rinse & repeat, when the need arises.

Can anyone relate at all?

I'm curious, why a 4 wing?
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ

I always score clearly INTJ (much more T than F) on MBTI tests, and 5w4, but on cognitive tests, I come across as more INFP. Maybe we'd have a lot in common?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Because the E5 description is too general and I find relation with 5w4 versus 5w6, or even 4w5. Plus the wings prevent spillage from the sides.

A description related it to the conjoining of science and art. Let me see, you have theory, abstraction, beauty, truth, purity, ..., ...., whatever you can imagine, really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I always score clearly INTJ (much more T than F) on MBTI tests, and 5w4, but on cognitive tests, I come across as more INFP. Maybe we'd have a lot in common?
    Sounds like we do. I seem to attract/be attracted to INTJs! You guys are so alluring.

In college I tested as INTP/INTJ (I think that had to do with academia environment and mindset).

Internally, at heart (INFP)
    Socially, when needed: (ENFP)

Mmmm, maybe we are highly adaptable.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I'm curious about the question. For me, I took one of those online tests and that's the result it spewed out; when I read the description, it seemed accurate. Maybe I'm not understanding your question. It gives me an image of people choosing an enneagram wing in the same way they choose a side dish from a restaurant menu: "Why the baked potato when you could have had fries?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by grey bottom socks View Post
    Sounds like we do. I seem to attract/be attracted to INTJs! You guys are so alluring.
    And I seem to be attracted INFP's. They're so hopeful and seem to see the best in people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Specifically, I like INTJ's because I sense, inside, you guys have that childlike wonder and essence that I possess.

Also, I feel like you guys are misunderstood and are perceived wrongly by the majority of people you come across. I am no stranger to being misconstrued.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I'm curious about the question. For me, I took one of those online tests and that's the result it spewed out; when I read the description, it seemed accurate. Maybe I'm not understanding your question. It gives me an image of people choosing an enneagram wing in the same way they choose a side dish from a restaurant menu: "Why the baked potato when you could have had fries?"
    Well, tests aren't always accurate - there must be a reason why a 4 wing seems like a more accurate description over a 6 wing (or no wing, or both, or whatever). Like I said, I was curious about the reason.
    Hello

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by grey bottom socks View Post
    I'm highly independent and curious. I enjoy being self sufficient and skeptical at times. I'm pretty much balanced, but my scores almost always tip in favor of INTP. But my cognitive functions test always suggest an INFP.

On another thread regarding sp/sx, I can agree on desiring for a connection with another. It just so rarely happens that I come across someone similar to me. But O' boy, when it does happen I want to communicate with that person whenever I get the chance (w/o seeming like an over zealous freak).

But, I'm usually fine by myself, doing most activities alone, and rarely do I feel lonely. I can get into a sense of remoteness when I spend a good deal of time without contact.

For me being 'social' just means going to the grocery store or a coffee shop and being among/around people. I'll make random comments and instigate small talk to people if I find something about them or their behavior interesting.

When I get my fill of being public, I go back to my cozy home and feel more complete and balanced. Rinse & repeat, when the need arises.

Can anyone relate at all?
    Yes, I relate very well, except I don't initiate small talk when I make these occasional trips into public. I do hope that other people initiate contact.... Sometimes just being in the vicinity of other people is enough & I am content to retreat again to my lair.

And I think my bouts of "remoteness" may be more intense & actually classified as "loneliness", & it's less easily satisfied, but I'm still very much a lone wolf.

I'm INFP 4w5 sp/sx, BTW. I think my 5 wing is pretty strong though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe