• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Type Five

VagrantFarce

fear-is-the-mind-killer.jpg

eraserhead.jpg

deep-brain-stimulation-6.jpg

090311103611-large.jpg

hr-giger-3.jpg

[youtube=5qFAYmkFNK0]Five[/youtube]

[youtube=Rj_0_fXD-SE]Five[/youtube]

platos_cave_b.jpg

Plato said:
"And now look again, and see what will naturally follow if the prisoners are released and disabused of their error. At first, when any of them is liberated and compelled suddenly to stand up and turn his neck round and walk and look towards the light, he will suffer sharp pains; the glare will distress him, and he will be unable to see the realities of which in his former state he had seen the shadows; and then conceive some one saying to him, that what he saw before was an illusion, but that now, when he is approaching nearer to being and his eye is turned towards more real existence, he has a clearer vision,--what will be his reply? And you may further imagine that his instructor is pointing to the objects as they pass and requiring him to name them,--will he not be perplexed? Will he not fancy that the shadows which he formerly saw are truer than the objects which are now shown to him?."

Carl Sagan said:
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

:coffee:

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
And I, as well. You are a genius. As I can be.:laugh:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I am just getting started with my Enneagram discovery. I've typed as a 5 too. I do resonate with it and want to further investigate my wings. I'm curious though; how comon is it for an INFJ to be a 5? I think this seems important to me, because I'm going through a bit of type confusion at the moment.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I am just getting started with my Enneagram discovery. I've typed as a 5 too. I do resonate with it and want to further investigate my wings. I'm curious though; how comon is it for an INFJ to be a 5? I think this seems important to me, because I'm going through a bit of type confusion at the moment.

I'm a five too. :shrug:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG A DUNE REFERENCE TATOO!!

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

It's possible by the idea of detachment. And INFJ can be a Five if they are very Self preservation focused. The wing of 6 or 4 would explain their emotional need to connect and help people , or to explore their own emotions and motivations.
The 5 is the source of their dichotomy. Very push pull type behavior followed by withdraw and/or emotional over indulgence.

At one point I thought a type 5 INFJ was counter intuitive. But once you actually see it in action. It's fascinating.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

To be honest I don't know that it's super common, but it's probably one of 3-4 enneagram types that makes the most 'sense' for an infj and are most common. And there seem to be several INFx's on the boards who identify with e5.

IRL, I know 3 other infj's. One self-identifies with e9, a second I think is a definite e5 sp, and a third is probably a 2. I realize 2 is typically viewed as a type corresponding with extroversion, but she is definitely an introvert but she bends over backwards to help people and always overextends herself in a way I can't relate to at all. My being 5sp, I am pretty darn detached and more into my own self-interests and protecting myself/ideas (thus myself and the other infj e5 I know will come across to everyone but those we're close to as more restrained and unhelpful/protective.. more withdrawn and less apt to appear generous/selfless/friendly or whatnot), mostly observational/analytical and in my head, with pretty strong boundaries. She, as well as the e9, have more issues with boundaries.. basically not having them (in the sense that I do, by contrast) or having to read books on how to construct them. ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYGZxPF0yA"]Stellar[/YOUTUBE]

[You are stellar]

Meet me in outer space
We could spend the night
Watch the earth come up
I've grown tired of that place
Won't you come with me?
We could start again...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRUf30Afcyo"]Drive[/YOUTUBE]

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear
Take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ky-lQ0jSP8"]Dinner with the Hepburns[/YOUTUBE]

Good scene. Notice how Howard is removed and separated from the extraneous, intrusive stimulation around him and his responses are stiff in order to simply deflect or bend the unwanted energy of the speaker around him. Howard "re-enters" the situation when engaged on his topic of expertise, aviation, and becomes far more emotive and available. He is interrupted and once again removes himself mentally from the scene until he reasserts himself against the intruding world.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah, brilliant. His facial expressions are priceless. He's not just stiff - he's genuinely perplexed, and sometimes irritated with their stupidity. So completely out of his element.

What MBTI type is HH supposed to be again?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm not entirely sure. I watched the movie the other day because I had read him typed as a 5 in a couple places and wondered if the movie captured any of that. I'm looking for a good biography to learn more about him. General vibe from the movie is really just IxTx, maybe ISTP.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I can relate to that video. I don't know many who are that intrusive though. They seemed to be the rude ones not him, but perhaps this is just bias... :)