Thread: Type Five

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    I'm a five too.

Excellent
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

OMG A DUNE REFERENCE TATOO!!
    5 3 9

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    I am just getting started with my Enneagram discovery. I've typed as a 5 too. I do resonate with it and want to further investigate my wings. I'm curious though; how comon is it for an INFJ to be a 5? I think this seems important to me, because I'm going through a bit of type confusion at the moment.
    It's possible by the idea of detachment. And INFJ can be a Five if they are very Self preservation focused. The wing of 6 or 4 would explain their emotional need to connect and help people , or to explore their own emotions and motivations.
    The 5 is the source of their dichotomy. Very push pull type behavior followed by withdraw and/or emotional over indulgence.

At one point I thought a type 5 INFJ was counter intuitive. But once you actually see it in action. It's fascinating.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    I am just getting started with my Enneagram discovery. I've typed as a 5 too. I do resonate with it and want to further investigate my wings. I'm curious though; how comon is it for an INFJ to be a 5? I think this seems important to me, because I'm going through a bit of type confusion at the moment.
    To be honest I don't know that it's super common, but it's probably one of 3-4 enneagram types that makes the most 'sense' for an infj and are most common. And there seem to be several INFx's on the boards who identify with e5.

IRL, I know 3 other infj's. One self-identifies with e9, a second I think is a definite e5 sp, and a third is probably a 2. I realize 2 is typically viewed as a type corresponding with extroversion, but she is definitely an introvert but she bends over backwards to help people and always overextends herself in a way I can't relate to at all. My being 5sp, I am pretty darn detached and more into my own self-interests and protecting myself/ideas (thus myself and the other infj e5 I know will come across to everyone but those we're close to as more restrained and unhelpful/protective.. more withdrawn and less apt to appear generous/selfless/friendly or whatnot), mostly observational/analytical and in my head, with pretty strong boundaries. She, as well as the e9, have more issues with boundaries.. basically not having them (in the sense that I do, by contrast) or having to read books on how to construct them.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYGZxPF0yA"]Stellar[/YOUTUBE]

[You are stellar]

Meet me in outer space
    We could spend the night
    Watch the earth come up
    I've grown tired of that place
    Won't you come with me?
    We could start again...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRUf30Afcyo"]Drive[/YOUTUBE]

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
    And I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear
    Take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before
    And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
    But lately I'm beginning to find that I
    Should be the one behind the wheel

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
    Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
    It's driven me before
    And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
    But lately I'm beginning to find that
    When I drive myself my light is found

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ky-lQ0jSP8"]Dinner with the Hepburns[/YOUTUBE]

Good scene. Notice how Howard is removed and separated from the extraneous, intrusive stimulation around him and his responses are stiff in order to simply deflect or bend the unwanted energy of the speaker around him. Howard "re-enters" the situation when engaged on his topic of expertise, aviation, and becomes far more emotive and available. He is interrupted and once again removes himself mentally from the scene until he reasserts himself against the intruding world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh yeah, brilliant. His facial expressions are priceless. He's not just stiff - he's genuinely perplexed, and sometimes irritated with their stupidity. So completely out of his element.

What MBTI type is HH supposed to be again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I'm not entirely sure. I watched the movie the other day because I had read him typed as a 5 in a couple places and wondered if the movie captured any of that. I'm looking for a good biography to learn more about him. General vibe from the movie is really just IxTx, maybe ISTP.

ReflecTcelfeR

I can relate to that video. I don't know many who are that intrusive though. They seemed to be the rude ones not him, but perhaps this is just bias...