User Tag List

First 12

I should try taking the enneagram test again to see what my results are. I keep scoring differently each time, Ive gotten 3 twice though so I stuck with that. Will keep ya posted .

Edit: I scored 1 this time :|! Do you guys score the same each time (3)? With MBTI I always score ENFJ.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I should try taking the enneagram test again to see what my results are. I keep scoring differently each time, Ive gotten 3 twice though so I stuck with that. Will keep ya posted .

Edit: I scored 1 this time :|! Do you guys score the same each time (3)? With MBTI I always score ENFJ.
    No, I dont score as 3 always, more often I score as something else. You can only be sure by reading a lot. Do you relate to things written in this thread?

btw. i could totally see you as 1

I added 6 questions in OP so please answer them too!!

I will:

1) Are you "overacheiver"?

No, I am not. I am "underachiever" (though i hate those terms ) ... I was very successful until couple of years ago, but those successes werent bc i wanted that badly, it was mostly because it was easy to succeed, what I want to say is that I probably wouldnt be then also if it requiered too much effort.

I think this is among other things linked to temperament; NF. Pure achieving doesnt make sense to me. Also P has take in this.

My sister is ESTJ and a 3, and she is very high achiever, that woman never failed at anything for now, this is why I still didnt see her 9 state for a very long.

2) Are you workaholic?

No, I am lazy as you can be. BUT if I wanted something I can be very competitive, but I dont want so many things and success is not something I measure with money etc, also, having fun is more important, so no, not workaholic.

3) Are you aware of your fear of failing? How does it effect you? How do you react to it? (over doing, freezing?)... etc.

I wasnt so much aware of fear of failing. (which is rather 3-ish bc 3s try to escape all fears), but I am lately. Its very deep and very simple fear. Like... not trying some things in which I might fail.
    I react either by overdoing (rarely now) or by freezing and not doing anything at all(9)

4) how long do your 9s state usually last? (if you noticed them at all)

Longer than 3s often. Because 3 frustrates me and doesnt make me contenct, I dontl like being ambitious without meaning behind it but only for escaping fears. Its not real.

5) do you get angry a lot? do you express it? are you often more angry on others, blaming them, or on yourself?

(copy paste from post 5 in this thread) : I can relate to anger things, I am very very rarely angry. It's actually typical for both; Threes and Nines. Because 3s dont get angry too because anger breaks "relationship" with others, you know : diplomatic. When I do get angry I direct it more twds outside than inside.

6)what do you do when you are scared of something?

It depends what it is, but I often deny the fear, and start making plans how to escape bad outcome. Sometimes I freeze and go to 9. Actually the same as with failing.

7) enneagram types you relate the most to? and how do you score (top 5?)_

I relate most to 7,4(only sometimes),1, and 9. I score high on 7,9,4, not 1.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

Enneagram tests are frankly pretty shitty. I always get 8w7 or 7w8. Once I got 6w7.

The way to determine your enneagram is to read the descriptions (paying most attention to the "core motivation" part as that's the primary driver of Enneagram), and see which one resonates with you the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    1) Are you "overacheiver"? there are many prejudices (though often correct) about 3s being high acheivers...
    I'm undisciplined and lazy, but I guess within those constraints I am. I enjoy the feeling of a job well done, and I especially love the ego boost of being number one at anything.

2) Are you a workaholic?
    Not at all, but occasionally I go into the zone and I wanna do as much as possible, and I overstretch. I have a big problem with biting more than I can chew, particularly -- I start something and take on too much thinking it's gonna be easy, then it becomes a nightmare and eventually I burn out and I quit.

3) Are you aware of your fear of failing? How does it effect you? How do you react to it? (over doing, freezing?)... etc.
    I freeze up, shut down and end up falling back into 9. It happens a lot when I'm close to the end of a class and I think it's too much work, and I stop doing my assignments near the end. It's real frustrating. >_<

4) how long does your 9s state usually last? (if you noticed them at all)
    Too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

5) do you get angry a lot?
    Fairly often.
    do you express it?
    Depends on the situation.
    are you often more angry on others, blaming them, or on yourself?
    Them, or else the situation in general. I can do no wrong.

Nah, occasionally I'll get angry at myself for fucking up, but generally I direct my rage in no direction in particular.
    I avoid it, or psych myself up into facing it if I need to face it.
    7) enneagram types you relate the most to? and how do you score (top 5?)
    That I relate to: 3 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 2 > 1
    How I score: 8 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 9 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

so if you can describe what did you notice about your stress point 9, how you act then?

When I'm at my stress point 9, I usually veg out more- trying to get to that point where I am able to become active/successful again. I spend my time pursuing hobbies which have no meaning in my actual life.

added few questions for 3s:

1) Are you "overacheiver"? there are many prejudices (though often correct) about 3s being high acheivers...

I wouldn't call myself an overachiever. This is probably because much of my ego is based on efficiency- achieving the most with the least effort.

2) Are you a workaholic?
    I'll become a workaholic if I don't see any other way to achieving my goals than working hard. I may be a little lazy but I'm not foolish.

I am aware of this fear. If I think I can succeed at something, I will overdo it. If I think I'll fail no matter what, I'll rationalize why it's not really that great to succeed in that aspect of life and move on.

4) how long does your 9s state usually last? (if you noticed them at all)
    It can last for about a week or two- then I get bored and get out of the 9 state.

5) do you get angry a lot? do you express it? are you often more angry on others, blaming them, or on yourself?
    I do get angry sometimes. I tend to express my anger through my words (I can be "brutally honest") but don't really show the physical signs of anger when I am angry.

When I'm scared of something, I try to revamp my image in such a way that would decrease the possibility of encountering (or being defeated by) the thing I'm afraid of.

7) enneagram types you relate the most to? and how do you score (top 5?)
    1, 5, & 9 are the other types I can relate to besides 3.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I've answered some of these questions already so here's the rest:

overachiever: In my family, extended or otherwise, I am the only one to have gone to uni. However, compared to my classmates at uni who also do science, there are some of them who don't even have to try to suceed, they are just naturally good at it and absorb information like sponges and problem solve like it was second nature. As I have found, a lot of their parents are engineers or scientists, oddly enough. I like to know that I put in a lot of effort, study later and longer and with more enthusiasm lol. I don't really consider myself an overachiever though.

Fear of Failure: I adapt to such things, I often don't fear failure at all, and consider it a learning opportunity. It doesn't have as strong an influence on me as letting people know I have failed. Personally I can deal with it, but if I have to tell someone it feels awful, it deeply affects me.

Workaholic: I have encountered the odd ocasion where I have not wanted to stop working, it has actually happened more than just a few times lol.

How long does the 9 state last: a weekend or so, it depends on if there is something to bring me back or not. I once had a bit of a fail that cost me quite a lot of time. I went to look for a job, but it just happened to be a recession I put a lot of effort in and didn't get any response and after months, just lost it, I got depressed and I felt trapped, there was no escape from it, the only solution was a lot of time and it was an agonizing wait. At least I learned a lot from that

What Enneagrams do you relate to: 7, 5, 9, 6.

What do you do when scared?: I start to get delusional, I seek an ideal and start to dream up ideas that will lead me there, sort of avoiding the real problem, running away and trying to achieve something else that is usually unrealistic or has almost no chance of happening.

I thought this was a 7 motivation, running away and making plans, avoiding pain, but I can see why it's not the same.
    5 3 9

It's totally shocking how much answers are the same. It's cos I know how to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by KoD
    I thought this was a 7 motivation, running away and making plans, avoiding pain, but I can see why it's not the same.
    Because 3s do it out of fear of failure.. and 7s simply to avoid pain and viewing themselves in negative light. Our is more materialistic, product oriented..