User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Unhappy Type 9 and Identity

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

:SaiyanSmilie_anim:

Ironically, therefore, the only type the Nine is not like is the Nine itself. Being a separate self, an individual who must assert herself against others, is terrifying to Nines. They would rather melt into someone else or quietly follow their idyllic daydreams.

Is this true for you?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I feel always awkward telling anyone who i am or what defines me. Making a CV is hell. Does this make me nine?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I feel always awkward telling anyone who i am or what defines me. Making a CV is hell. Does this make me nine?
    Maybe, maybe not. I hate the whole idea of self-promoting oneself through a CV or resume. I'm a type 5 with a strong 9 component.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    CFV

This makes a lot of sense for me. I never thought about it like this but now that I have I'm taken back by it.

Thank you for posting this

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Yes this is absolutely true for me.

I don't know who I really am nor what I do stand for nor what I really want.

I'm like a social chameleon. I join a club or a particular niche with it's specific vocabulary, knowledge and behavior and become part of it. I blend in perfectly but as soon as I quit these kind of groups I let everything drop off. It was not the "real" me that was in there. This was me fitting in, adapting the groups goals and wants.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about this. It seems that I'm totally defined through my environment. I lack a real identity and therefore also the wants and goals that truly belong to me and are the results of an inner need. I've never experienced anything like that.

It is really hard to describe however.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by DJAchtundvierzig View Post
    Is this true for you?
    Yes. I definitely recommend reading up on the Type 9 Enneagram. It was hugely insightful for me.

Enneagram
    4w5

DJAch..choo..I can definately relate. I score highest in 4 but 9 is second and I can see a lot of myself in 9. They both seem to have identity issues. I wonder if you score or can relate strongly to type 4 as well?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayChild View Post
    DJAch..choo..I can definately relate. I score highest in 4 but 9 is second and I can see a lot of myself in 9. They both seem to have identity issues. I wonder if you score or can relate strongly to type 4 as well?
    Haha, I like that. When I get to 500 posts thats going to be my title, thank you. And surprisingly... 4 was my 2nd to lowest scoring result. Maybe it's because I have a tendency to deny my true feelings and all that wonderful stuff.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    I'm like a social chameleon. I join a club or a particular niche with it's specific vocabulary, knowledge and behavior and become part of it. I blend in perfectly but as soon as I quit these kind of groups I let everything drop off. It was not the "real" me that was in there. This was me fitting in, adapting the groups goals and wants.
    Just wondering how you think this plays out on an internet forum like TypoC? Does it still apply?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I definitely see 9s playing peacemakers on this board, sometimes at the expense of their own viewpoint. It just frustrates me when I see they are RIGHT and they should stand up for themselves....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe