User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    These are narcissistic tendencies which I also associate with unhealthy 7s. I have very limited (read no) IRL experience with healthy 7s. I honestly don't see any of this being relevant to you though, Trin.
    Sure, narcissistic tendencies aren't relevant to me. It's the avoiding pain, instant gratification, needing more stimulation and so on that are.

    Dunno, maybe over-analysising something is just another form of avoidance. I may also be looking at things that fall into the "unknown" and "hidden" squares of the johari.

  2. #22
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Maybe we should bitch-slap the creators of a system that says Trinity and I are the same type, when we don't seem to have anything in common.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Maybe we should bitch-slap the creators of a system that says Trinity and I are the same type, when we don't seem to have anything in common.
    Boobs?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sure, narcissistic tendencies aren't relevant to me. It's the avoiding pain, instant gratification, needing more stimulation and so on that are.

    Dunno, maybe over-analysising something is just another form of avoidance. I may also be looking at things that fall into the "unknown" and "hidden" squares of the johari.
    i think 7s want to everything to stay positive, so they avoid their own faults.
    i know girl who is 7 and fat, and she doesnt acknowledge she's fat, she just dates more ugly men and then brags about how handsome those men are and how she's liked by sooo many men.
    it's easier that way to keep the positive, than to accept she's fat and lose weight.

    that makes her narcissistic, because whatever happens she's great. the best. no. 1!

  5. #25
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  6. #26
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Maybe we should bitch-slap the creators of a system that says Trinity and I are the same type, when we don't seem to have anything in common.
    Hedonism.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  7. #27
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sure, narcissistic tendencies aren't relevant to me. It's the avoiding pain, instant gratification, needing more stimulation and so on that are.

    Dunno, maybe over-analysising something is just another form of avoidance. I may also be looking at things that fall into the "unknown" and "hidden" squares of the johari.
    Narcissistic tendencies are a type of avoidance pattern - you're avoiding the pain of consciously acknowledging your own critical, loathing self-concept. Sevens flit from place to place because they're afraid if they slow down, they'll take a look at themselves and not like what they see. They're also afraid that if they slow down, others will get a chance to look at the true self and not like what they see.

  8. #28
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    i think 7s want to everything to stay positive, so they avoid their own faults.
    i know girl who is 7 and fat, and she doesnt acknowledge she's fat, she just dates more ugly men and then brags about how handsome those men are and how she's liked by sooo many men.
    it's easier that way to keep the positive, than to accept she's fat and lose weight.

    that makes her narcissistic, because whatever happens she's great. the best. no. 1!
    i can see a bit of that in me...not ^^ that but reframing things so i don't give a shit...like stressing or being self conscious or any negative emotion really takes too much energy to sustain...so...i look at it differently...that's either pure geniusness and will add years to my life or totally unhealthy and one day i'll be committed.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #29
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Narcissistic tendencies are a type of avoidance pattern - you're avoiding the pain of consciously acknowledging your own critical, loathing self-concept. Sevens flit from place to place because they're afraid if they slow down, they'll take a look at themselves and not like what they see. They're also afraid that if they slow down, others will get a chance to look at the true self and not like what they see.
    Still not relevant for me. My avoidance is not avoidance of facing reality, it's a lot more practical than that, it's avoidance as in not dealing with the practicalities of day to day reality, I'm a sp/so, I avoid the sp things. Self assessment is something I dwell on too much and am not inclined to avoid, at least not for long.

    Basically I don't avoid seeing reality for what it is, I avoid doing anything about it.

  10. #30
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Still not relevant for me. My avoidance is not avoidance of facing reality, it's a lot more practical than that, it's avoidance as in not dealing with the practicalities of day to day reality, I'm a sp/so, I avoid the sp things. Self assessment is something I dwell on too much and am not inclined to avoid, at least not for long.

    Basically I don't avoid seeing reality for what it is, I avoid doing anything about it.
    Be that as it may, if you do get the opportunity, think about it for a little while. It took me a while to get to that point as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Seven Deadly Sin Quiz
    By Kiddo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
  2. The New Seven Deadly Sins- Courtesy of the Pope - do you agree and what is your list?
    By Geoff in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
  3. Geoff takes pictures on the Sussex Coast, Seven Sisters
    By Geoff in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 07:49 AM
  4. Seven NEW Deadly Sins?!?
    By miss fortune in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
  5. INT : The magnificent seven.
    By Xander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO