User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 182

  1. #111
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I could see that

    Would enneagram come into play here though, seeing as the most common type for E9s is IxFP? As in would a non-IxFP E9 look IxFP because of their enneagram?
    There are E9 INTPs that are quite clearly not Fs though. They look quite different. Like Xander, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #112
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Just thought I'd mention that with the characteristics attributed to 9s, the most natural MBTI type would be any kind of I--P; the combination of detachment and adaptability that is comonly found in these types seems more significant to me than either the S/N or T/F dichotomies.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  3. #113
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

    I could see that

    Would enneagram come into play here though, seeing as the most common type for E9s is IxFP? As in would a non-IxFP E9 look IxFP because of their enneagram?
    Good question!

    The fact is that both enneatype and MBTI archetype are expressions of people. Those expressions can be found in an infinite number of ways. It's like the hue and sharpness on your TV set. So let's say you set your hue to 7. You can still change the sharpness while retaining that hue. In doing so, you overlap to systems of thought and wind up with a singular multidimentional system.

    So, the important thing to ask yourself is "What defines and archetypal E9?" If you have the correct definition, then you can see a multitude of types fitting within that sphere. This is where, I think, stereotype and archetype MUST be distinguished from each other. When you say "look like a certain type", you are appealing to a stereotype.

  4. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I could see that

    Would enneagram come into play here though, seeing as the most common type for E9s is IxFP? As in would a non-IxFP E9 look IxFP because of their enneagram?
    A lot of the descriptions seem pretty close to ixfp stuff.


    I think harmony for the nine is harmony within the self. I relate more to conflict avoidance because it consumes my mind than for any other reason. I relate to the part of the description where it says that nines can be out of touch with their instinctual centre. Afraid that if they ever get angry they'll never stop.

  5. #115
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    It seems around here that more ISXP tend to be 9w8, but that more INXP tend to be 9w1s?

  6. #116
    Senior Member hilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    186

    Default

    I haven't had this "realization" described, but I am an INTP and regularly test as E9. As far as "I care less now about what others think" - I'm not sure I'm capable of that kind of fine-tuning. The bare truth is there are some people I care very much for their opinions/feelings, and others whom I don't.

    I don't know the theory of Enneagram that well --to be honest it didn't resonate with me very well at first, but the idea that E9's suck at self-awareness might go some distance to explain that. However the "wings" don't really make sense to me. I always form a sawtooth in my Enneagram tests (spikes at 3,5,7,9), in fact, increasing in that order. I wish these things came with error bars.

    They sometimes attempt to "solve" the inner conflict between their desire for merging and their desire for independence by "triangulation." They engage in two separate, simultaneous relationships that serve different needs while never completely showing up in either. Needless to say, this can create the kinds of conflicts that Nines are trying to avoid.
    oh. that. yeah...
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

    INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

  7. #117
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    There are E9 INTPs that are quite clearly not Fs though. They look quite different. Like Xander, for example.
    Yes, Xander has that same feel.

    So did evan (the little I saw him post; I don't think he's been around lately at all) but when I looked up his profile he has a tritype of 5-9-1 listed. Perhaps the same kind of dynamic as MacGuffin (a 5 or a 9?)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #118
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I have been thinking about this for the last day. I kind of get what you are saying but it seems different to how I adapted over my life.

    I realised at some time that I had no trouble being placidly callous. And that was the kind of liberating to me in communicating with others. I'd move back and forth but if I needed to maintain my ability to move forward I would need to stay within some principles otherwise my ability to move forward with my view would not work. I was moving forward in anger only, often only in order to protect my agenda free lifestyle. Or in order to shove my agenda through.

    I was reading this thing on enneagram nine that said a nine needs to move back into their ego. I was also reading on how nines can use their anger as energy. Those and the sp/sx thing on boundaries were really interesting to me.

    I get what you are saying. I think there is more to the overall dynamic with people.

    This post is a bit of mess. It is hard to tell whether I am mixing stuff in. I think there are other aspects to my personality that would cause me to approach it differently. I am 9w8, isfp and identify strongly with leisurely in Oldham's theory.

    I think that if you can find that sweet point, that leverage point, then you have real power as a nine. Here I am, here you are, let's get it on.
    The "placidly callous" part rings true in certain situations. Usually it involves giving people enough rope to hang themselves.

    I do think the 9s get what I'm saying, though I'll admit the OP wasn't tightly constructed. The rest seem to think its a call to being a serial killer.

    That sweet point can be elusive.

  9. #119
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Yes, Xander has that same feel.

    So did evan (the little I saw him post; I don't think he's been around lately at all) but when I looked up his profile he has a tritype of 5-9-1 listed. Perhaps the same kind of dynamic as MacGuffin (a 5 or a 9?)
    Yeah, Evan gave the impression of being "above". Even when Jack Flak antagonized him, he kept his cool, and found the right words to express himself without engaging aggressively. I liked the character.

  10. #120
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    For the longest time, I thought I was a type 5 (as INTP). Most INTPs are that enneagram type, so naturally I thought it was me. Despite the fact that Type 9 would often test equal to or above Type 5 for myself.

    In the past year, I've come to accept that I am Type 9.

    The 9 is often described as the Peacemaker, and that really applied to me. I didn't like drama or other people intruding on my little world. Don't rock the boat, don't make waves, don't do anything I have to deal with other than my own thoughts.

    Realizing this is my natural tendency has actually freed me from its constraints. I now care less what others think/feel, and realize that they can handle whatever I say/do far better than I previously expected. I no longer have to weigh each statement before I fire it out. It's more fun to throw it all up in the air and see where it lands. I'm overly sensitive to how things are interpreted, so if I see little problem with a statement, then if someone has a reaction to it they're the ones that are overly sensitive. It's their problem, not mine.

    This is not to say that I can't or won't attempt to find harmony with others. It's that I don't have to do it all the time, I can choose when I want it and when I don't.

    I wonder if any other Type 9 has discovered this as well.
    this reads similar to a hidden rule or long standing law of human nature. law being: when someone turns 40 they no longer have to sweat the small stuff and can let themselves tell it and think it like it is. kinda like breaking a burden of social inhibition. walking with truth. not so much for the better of anyone else but to be honest with ones self. it can even grow humor, imo. for some reason others may laugh at an idea. when that happens, it's usually no biggy because others may ponder it and find the reality of the idea is kinda funny to an extent. either way, people instinctively know that person, 40 or older, earned it and may even cut the cheese in public and pretend nothing happened just to see what happens. or, it could be type 9ers around 40 or older because the infrequency of seeing much of that burden lift.

    are you around 40?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Similar Threads

  1. Why typing actors is hard
    By guesswho in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 01:07 AM
  2. Typing children: is it really possible?
    By cfs1992 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
  3. [NF] What is appealing about the various types, what is unappealing?
    By onemoretime in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 12:58 AM
  4. Trying to figure out what type she is... HELP?
    By Wyst in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. [INFP] Do INFPs often question their type? Or is it just me?
    By r0wo1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO