User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yeah I hardly know him. Judging from what I've seen of him on the forum, he tends to have some interesting and original commentary.
    Really? I must have missed that.
    I don't see IsFP, though. Most ISFPs tend to state the obvious and reveal the pragmatic, or if they're more like BC or wolfy, they can shift perspectives fairly easily and turn ideas upside down. I sense a strong tertiary temptation vice for both those too. Not that that's bad or anything.
    Hmm... It's time to go MacGuffin stalking.
    He does both those things.

Make sure you wear one of these:

and...be careful out there!

EDIT
    MLF, I don't think 9's coping mechanisms are about avoidance in general.

I think they are about avoidance of conflict.

This means that, instead of engaging in any direct contention, they would rather mend the situation and encourage everyone to be a single peaceful organism
    That does sound quite boring, doesn't it?

It's not just avoiding conflict, it's any kind of unpleasantness, even disturbing thoughts or sensations are purged from consciousness.

That's why Riso-Hudson talk about suffering as the pathway to self-awareness for 9s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Really? I must have missed that.

He does both those things.

Make sure you wear one of these:

and...be careful out there!

EDIT
    That does sound quite boring, doesn't it?

It's not just avoiding conflict, it's any kind of unpleasantness, even disturbing thoughts or sensations are purged from consciousness.

That's why Riso-Hudson talk about suffering as the pathway to self-awareness for 9s.
    By that logic, by embracing your opposite (shadow ), you become self-aware.

So, if you apply that to 4s, for instance, their self-awareness reaches a peak when they focus on others?

For 5s, their peak awareness is revealed when they are ignorant?

That's certainly counter-intuitive.

Ginkgo

And 7s become self aware when they are abstinent?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Nice thread MacGuffin - I'll come back later to add my thoughts.

FWIW I feel a resonance with you that I generally experience with other 9's. Same with wolfy (edit: I know he's ISFP), Edahn and some other INTP 9's here. And this was before I knew they were 9's.

Just sayin'.
    Glad you fixed that. : )

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Thanks

Congrats wolfy! Upgraded to INTP from ISFP!
    Haha, sounds too much like XP to Vista for my liking.

For the longest time, I thought I was a type 5 (as INTP). Most INTPs are that enneagram type, so naturally I thought it was me. Despite the fact that Type 9 would often test equal to or above Type 5 for myself.

In the past year, I've come to accept that I am Type 9.

The 9 is often described as the Peacemaker, and that really applied to me. I didn't like drama or other people intruding on my little world. Don't rock the boat, don't make waves, don't do anything I have to deal with other than my own thoughts.

Realizing this is my natural tendency has actually freed me from its constraints. I now care less what others think/feel, and realize that they can handle whatever I say/do far better than I previously expected. I no longer have to weigh each statement before I fire it out. It's more fun to throw it all up in the air and see where it lands. I'm overly sensitive to how things are interpreted, so if I see little problem with a statement, then if someone has a reaction to it they're the ones that are overly sensitive. It's their problem, not mine.

This is not to say that I can't or won't attempt to find harmony with others. It's that I don't have to do it all the time, I can choose when I want it and when I don't.

I wonder if any other Type 9 has discovered this as well.
    I have been thinking about this for the last day. I kind of get what you are saying but it seems different to how I adapted over my life.

I realised at some time that I had no trouble being placidly callous. And that was the kind of liberating to me in communicating with others. I'd move back and forth but if I needed to maintain my ability to move forward I would need to stay within some principles otherwise my ability to move forward with my view would not work. I was moving forward in anger only, often only in order to protect my agenda free lifestyle. Or in order to shove my agenda through.

I was reading this thing on enneagram nine that said a nine needs to move back into their ego. I was also reading on how nines can use their anger as energy. Those and the sp/sx thing on boundaries were really interesting to me.

I get what you are saying. I think there is more to the overall dynamic with people.

This post is a bit of mess. It is hard to tell whether I am mixing stuff in. I think there are other aspects to my personality that would cause me to approach it differently. I am 9w8, isfp and identify strongly with leisurely in Oldham's theory.

I think that if you can find that sweet point, that leverage point, then you have real power as a nine. Here I am, here you are, let's get it on.

MBTI
    ISFJ

And 7s become self aware when they are abstinent?
    When they think (5) before indulging at least.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

By that logic, by embracing your opposite (shadow ), you become self-aware.

So, if you apply that to 4s, for instance, their self-awareness reaches a peak when they focus on others?

For 5s, their peak awareness is revealed when they are ignorant?

That's certainly counter-intuitive.
    I see what you did there.
    But no.
    Self-awareness is particularly weak in unhealthy nines.
    Each type has different areas of weakness. Fours have to concentrate their focus outside of themselves and their perpetual self-absorption. Fives have to just continue being awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ ^ [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07_2DWfEmQ"][/YOUTUBE]
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I may accept ENTP.
    Nah. You've dodged that bullet in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Currently, I'm leaning towards IsFP.
    I could see that

Would enneagram come into play here though, seeing as the most common type for E9s is IxFP? As in would a non-IxFP E9 look IxFP because of their enneagram?

Ginkgo

For the longest time, I thought I was a type 5 (as INTP). Most INTPs are that enneagram type, so naturally I thought it was me.
    Enneagram 5 INTPs never determine their own identities in affiliating with large demographics by making such broad, sweeping statements.

... Oh shit.

ReflecTcelfeR

LOL, exciting for who?
    Everyone out of reaching distance.