12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Am I an 5w4 or 5w6?

I think I am an enneagram 5, although I highly relate to the easygoing 9 too.
    What is the main difference between 5w4 and 5w6. From all the descriptions, I fit both the highly intellectual, technical 5w6 AND the highly imaginative, artistic 5w4. What enneagram am I?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Far as I can tell 5w4 is generally made to be more artistic and abstract than it really is, it's generally just more emotionally charged than 5w6. For comparison: 5w4 = House. 5w6 = Foreman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe I'm balanced between 4 and 6.

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

You could be 5 OMNI, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, here's some info about my interests if that helps, I like science, philosophy, and music, that's what I spend the majority of my time thinking about. When I was younger, I was heavily into drawing but kind of grew out of it. One of my favorite interest right now is futurism, thinking and speculating about whats to come. I spend almost no time thinking about my "emotions", although music is my emotional outlet. I also highly relate to Ne.

According to the big five, I'm highly reserved, very calm(emotionally stable), unstructured, my accommodation is almost balanced, I'm like 40% accommodating, and my strongest, most pronounced dimension is inquisitive(openness to new experience), OH YEAH, I'M A CLOWN TOO^_^.

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Based upon the above, I would say 5w4, but this is mainly just a gut reaction. I am 5w6 and what you have written strikes me as distinctly different, though we share interests in science and music.

Don't focus on interests, instead focus on the subconscious motives of the different types:

• 4s suffer from character envy - they need to be unique, and jump inside themselves in order to maintain an image that purposefully differs from everyone else.
    • 6s are socially vigilant and anxious; deep down they need to fit in with others, but they have issues with trust that can prevent this from happening.

Combine these with the your compulsion to think things over rather than act, and decide on which one describes you more on a moment-to-moment basis. Try to catch yourself as you're going about on your daily business, eventually a pattern will start emerging.

And don't think you're a 5w4 because you're "sensitive" or "creative" and into abstract stuff - that proves nothing. Same thing with 5w6 and "technically proficient".
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post

4s suffer from character envy - they need to be unique, and jump inside themselves in order to maintain an image that purposefully differs from everyone else.
    From this information, I think that would make me more 5w4, I have a strong need to be "apart" from everybody esle, not be part of the group.

6s are socially vigilant and anxious; deep down they need to fit in with others, but they have issues with trust that can prevent this from happening.
    Like I mentioned earlier, I have less of a need to fit in with a group or others.

Overall I think I am an 5w4 now, this helped alot.

Johari Nohari

Make sure you consider why you feel a need to be apart from others - are you trying to maintain a unique image, or is it more to do with maintaing ties to a specific clique that you identify with? 6s can have trouble admitting to themselves that they need to fit in with others (eg groups of people who band together because they all identify as 'non-conformist').
    Hello

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Don't focus on interests, instead focus on the subconscious motives of the different types:

• 4s suffer from character envy - they need to be unique, and jump inside themselves in order to maintain an image that purposefully differs from everyone else.
    • 6s are socially vigilant and anxious; deep down they need to fit in with others, but they have issues with trust that can prevent this from happening.

Combine these with the your compulsion to think things over rather than act, and decide on which one describes you more on a moment-to-moment basis. Try to catch yourself as you're going about on your daily business, eventually a pattern will start emerging.

And don't think you're a 5w4 because you're "sensitive" or "creative" and into abstract stuff - that proves nothing. Same thing with 5w6 and "technically proficient".
    Great advice. I wish we could put a similar thought as a great big sticky on the boards so people don't get too hung up on stereotype and superficial likes and dislikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog
    INFJ 3w4 sp