• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] So, apparently, I'm a 2w3 SX

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Does this sound accurate? What do I need to look out for what this Enneagram type?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK, I like the vote of confidence. How does that relate to ExFJ? Does it say anything more than my MBTI type?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Strong Fe - initial desire to help and belong. 2w3s would be attracted to the entertainment industry, especially with an Sx instinct - the idea is that there is a need for everyone to love the person. You definitely show the 8-ish response when someone pushes back on you in a debate, becoming more forceful and intransigent (no offense). Also, your idealism of individualism corresponds with the 4's growth response - you're trying to make sure you don't let your innate predilection toward collectivism swallow your sense of self.

Thoughts?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Strong Fe - initial desire to help and belong. 2w3s would be attracted to the entertainment industry, especially with an Sx instinct - the idea is that there is a need for everyone to love the person. You definitely show the 8-ish response when someone pushes back on you in a debate, becoming more forceful and intransigent (no offense). Also, your idealism of individualism corresponds with the 4's growth response - you're trying to make sure you don't let your innate predilection toward collectivism swallow your sense of self.

Thoughts?

I would agree on most of those points. I don't think I have a need for EVERYONE to love me, though. I have made peace with the reality that my vibe tends to attract or to repel people strongly. Do you think the individualist aspect is really like a survival mechanism? I mean, most people fear being too weird. Do you think I fear being too normal?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I got these descriptions from The Enneagram Blogspot. I'd say they are pretty spot on. I scored highest on 2, followed by 1 and 3, and then 8. I don't have a strong tendency to deceit, though. Manipulation through emotional or logical appeals, yes, but I am pretty honest/straightforward/blunt. I am crafty, but I don't feel devious.

2w3 - Seeking Love and Image

LifeExplore

This wing brings Twos an extra measure of sociability and the capacity to make things happen. When healthy, can be charming, good-natured and heartfelt. Really get things done, serve effectively on projects that involve the well-being of others. Thrive on group process and are generally good communicators. Enjoy keeping several threads or projects going at once. Entranced Twos with a 3 wing can be quite emotionally competitive and controlling. 3 wing brings a double dose of vanity. Strong tendency to live in one's images. May grow brazenly deluded, preferring their glamorous, self-important scenarios to reality. Tendencies to deceit and emotional calculation. Highly manipulative. This wing is also more extroverted; dramatization of feeling in the form of hysterical snit-fits is far more possible.

Instinctual Variants
Sexual 2 - Seeking Intimacy/Intensity

Udit Patel Craving Intimacy (Ichazo's "Aggression")
Sexual Twos feel that they will feel loved by attaining complete, profound intimacy with someone. Thus they are driven to be as close to their loved ones as possible. They attempt to win a place with people by focusing intensely on the other's needs, hopes, and interests. They enjoy the process of learning about potential partners and make it their business to become acquainted with the other's world. It is as if the Sexual Two was seeking to get "in synch" with the other in as many different ways as possible. Similarly, the Sexual Two will enjoy finding out what the other likes, whether it is a favorite food, cologne, style of music, or favorite place for vacationing. Needless to say, Sexual Twos will then do their best to provide these things for their intimates. Moreover, most people love to be the center of attention, and Sexual Twos know this, lavishing the other with attention, affection, and praise. In this sense, they are seductive-getting others interested in spending time with them by making the other their object of adoration. Sexual Twos also like to touch and be touched by the people they are drawn to, often initiating physical contact in a relationship—even in a friendship. When less balanced, Sexual Twos can become obsessed with a lover and can have great difficulty letting go of a relationship.

LifeExplore

Tend to act seductive and aggressive by turns. Basic interest is in finding romantic union. Generally confuse sexual desirability with being loved and valued. Act receptively interested in others, use inviting touches. May ooze some combination of charm and sexuality. When they encounter resistance will begin to push and challenge. Try to find a way around the other's objection. May go militant and angrily blame (connection to 8). Behind these flare-ups is a melancholy desire for total enmeshed connectedness to another. Yearning is related to the low side of 4.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Anything in particular that male 2w3s have to watch out for or should emphasize?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I would agree on most of those points. I don't think I have a need for EVERYONE to love me, though. I have made peace with the reality that my vibe tends to attract or to repel people strongly. Do you think the individualist aspect is really like a survival mechanism? I mean, most people fear being too weird. Do you think I fear being too normal?

Exaggerating on the "everyone" point, of course, but I think no one would accuse you of not caring what other people think of you. "Made peace" isn't like the unhealthy 4w5's "I act the way I do because only some are worthy of understanding my greatness".

Not so much a survival mechanism (your forcefulness and stubbornness when challenged is), but more the unachievable goal you aspire to. At your core, you know you're just an everyday American, and you're happy with that. However, our culture celebrates those who separate themselves from the pack, so to speak. This would appeal to the 4-ish idealism in you. This might create a conflict, though - you're torn between "I want to do whatever I can for those around me" and "a good American is self-reliant".

As a result, you might attempt to help others by encouraging them to be responsible for themselves. The problem arises when that person, for whatever reason, is simply incapable of taking care of oneself. You want to be the go-to guy, but society dictates that you do not help too much, and this causes internal conflict.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Exaggerating on the "everyone" point, of course, but I think no one would accuse you of not caring what other people think of you. "Made peace" isn't like the unhealthy 4w5's "I act the way I do because only some are worthy of understanding my greatness".

I do care what people I value think, certainly. I do have some of that 4w5 type of vanity, I think, but I don't see much 5 in me. I care that people respect me, but I don't care much about my "image." Character, yes. Reputation, not so much.

Not so much a survival mechanism (your forcefulness and stubbornness when challenged is), but more the unachievable goal you aspire to. At your core, you know you're just an everyday American, and you're happy with that. However, our culture celebrates those who separate themselves from the pack, so to speak. This would appeal to the 4-ish idealism in you. This might create a conflict, though - you're torn between "I want to do whatever I can for those around me" and "a good American is self-reliant".

AM I an everyday American? I don't know that I am.

As a result, you might attempt to help others by encouraging them to be responsible for themselves. The problem arises when that person, for whatever reason, is simply incapable of taking care of oneself. You want to be the go-to guy, but society dictates that you do not help too much, and this causes internal conflict.

I don't find that very much. I find other people get attached and dependent on me, and I like being needed. I want to be appreciated for the things I do for them, though. I do feel bad if I infantilize people by helping them, though. I want to be needed by people, but I don't want to MAKE them reliant on me. I try to encourage people to be/do better, and I may get overzealous with value judgments and criticism, but I don't think I hold back help. I don't particularly feel that society tells me not to help too much, either.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Bumped. Does anyone else with more Enneagram insight than I have want to weigh in?