User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default e6 anxiety, 6w7, 7w6, 6w5

do you get stuck in negative thought loops? do you get panic attacks? do you become completely avoidant?

what does e6 anxiety/panic feel like? what have you learned to do to positively respond to severe stress?

yes i get stuck in negative thought loops (7w6). i don't think i get true panic attacks but i definitely feel panicky. when i was younger i was not avoidant whatsoever but around my late 20's i think i started to become more & more avoidant every year . . . actually i am avoidant temporarily until i burst. i always burst, that's a guarantee . . . e6 anxiety/panic feels pretty unbearable- like fight / flight response coming . . . but in a very grandiose way . . . like, "oh my god i have to make a gigantic change right this second" for example when i get into a fight with my SO he may leave to go think or cool down or whatever & then i'll call him & say he needs to come back immediately & then in 2 minutes i pack up all his stuff in a frantic apocalyptic manner & before he can even open my front door i am handing him every little tiny possession in garbage bags because i can't deal with the pain. i freak the F out. the best thing in all stressful situations: SO hugs me, holds me, coddles me, plays with my hair ie. touch cures all. and touch gets rid of it FAST . . . when i am single . . . it is not good . . . i guess i choose avoidance when i am single. i avoid a lot actually now that i think of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yes, I get stuck in negative thought loops but who doesn't? I have never had a panic attack. I have had mild to moderate social anxiety my entire life. Currently, I am somewhat avoidant of social situations. Hypnosis is good for stress... Otherwise, I don't know. That's the only thing that really helps me.
    E6 anxiety feels like regular anxiety but it's just more prevalent. Imagine having stage fright... all the time.
    ENFP 6w7 sp/sx

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Negative thought loops for sure. And sometimes I think I've broken the loop when I go to bed at night, and in the morning I'm right back where I started

I can suffer from intense nausea and exhaustion under a lot of stress, too. Not good. I've had some problems with phobias in recent years too...well, a bit my whole life, but I think I had a lot of stress in life generally the last few years and it aggravated some low-level fears into phobias. I had some CBT therapy last year and it helped to a certain extent with learning thought techniques to deal with anxiety or nip it in the bud.

I can tell when I'm worrying more than necessary, but being aware of it and stopping it is another thing. I had a lot of anxiety recently with job uncertainty, for months. Now that has passed, and I feel so much better
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

yeah i definitely have neg thought loops sometimes (7w6 sxso, i think)

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBurst
    imagine having stage fright... all the time.
    for me, maybe not quite that intense, but a lingering tinge of it

i struggled with panic attacks from middle to high school, and always with social anxiety in groups/public places... i bordered on anorexic for a while in middle school too because of low self-confidence in the social sphere (i liked myself plenty when alone, but was very concerned with image and social hierarchy). more recently i have dealt with sleep paralysis - when your mind wakes up straight out of REM sleep and your body is still paralyzed. it's really terrifying - you're totally alone, everything is dark, and you can't move at all. just like with panic attacks, i've had to learn to breathe slowly and regularly, use soothing logical thought, and wait it out. though oddly enough i usually sleep like a rock, lol

ways i deal with anxiety...
    • just putting myself out there, because it's never as bad as i fear it will be and the whole "dare" aspect of it is kind of fun
    • dressing nicely and/or artistically, because when i'm secure in my outfit and makeup, if i enjoy my overall image, it's easier to interact with others
    • run things i am insecure about by close friends/family whose judgement and rationale i trust
    • just be with close friends/family i trust, because if i'm secure they like me for who i am it is easier for me to be more confident with others too
    • this really excellent website - the "moodgym" - it's a little cheezy but it's really quite useful for identifying and changing negative thought patterns
    • instrumental celtic music, other low-key happy music like owl city, enya, ben lee, etc.
    • yoga, swimming, and breath-muscle relaxation exercises (my favorite is progressive relaxation), having a "spa night" or "mental health day"
    • chocolate. no really though, not like a pint of B&Js, like a little block off a plain milk chocolate hershey's bar. this is kind of silly but i always think of lupin (my favorite HP character) and his medicinal chocolate, and how chocolate is nice and warm and solid, and it's just comforting.
    • doodling and looking at pretty pictures :]

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Negative thought loops for sure. And sometimes I think I've broken the loop when I go to bed at night, and in the morning I'm right back where I started

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    do you get stuck in negative thought loops? do you get panic attacks? do you become completely avoidant?

what does e6 anxiety/panic feel like? what have you learned to do to positively respond to severe stress?
    Yes, I definitely get stuck in thought loops. mostly thinking about social interactions that have happened.. how they annoyed me..

Randomly, i'll get a panic attack. i'll just feel super disgusted in myself and feel like never eating again because I feel "fat" but I'm not fat, so I never follow through with that That rhymed, Lol.

and yes, i become very avoidant with everything when i'm stressed out. and then i get into negative thought loops about how i'm not doing what i'm supposed to be doing.

The anxiety feels like, I guess the feeling you get when you think you've forgot something, like leaving the stove on or something like that. I don't feel like I've forgotten something though, lol, just to make that clear. It's just the little feeling of panic and slight urgency you get that's equivalent.

i haven't learned to react positively to stress. i just know that I don't feel it whenever I'm distracted by something else, or done what I'm supposed to do, or just random little things that make me happy
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    yes i get stuck in negative thought loops (7w6). i don't think i get true panic attacks but i definitely feel panicky. when i was younger i was not avoidant whatsoever but around my late 20's i think i started to become more & more avoidant every year . . . actually i am avoidant temporarily until i burst. i always burst, that's a guarantee . . . e6 anxiety/panic feels pretty unbearable- like fight / flight response coming . . . but in a very grandiose way . . . like, "oh my god i have to make a gigantic change right this second" for example when i get into a fight with my SO he may leave to go think or cool down or whatever & then i'll call him & say he needs to come back immediately & then in 2 minutes i pack up all his stuff in a frantic apocalyptic manner & before he can even open my front door i am handing him every little tiny possession in garbage bags because i can't deal with the pain. i freak the F out. the best thing in all stressful situations: SO hugs me, holds me, coddles me, plays with my hair ie. touch cures all. and touch gets rid of it FAST . . . when i am single . . . it is not good . . . i guess i choose avoidance when i am single. i avoid a lot actually now that i think of it.
    wow yeah...this all of this this whole talk about this is making me panicky right now actually...i might prefer to go back to not knowing this stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

e6w5 Sp/Sx/So

Loops are like par for the course..
    Especially when I am beating the shit out of myself.'

When I am under stress.. I seek to withdraw and detach..
    If this space is not forthcoming, I slowly start to boil with the lid screwed on tight.. The pressure mounts and I will eventually explode.. or in some cases, Implode and self destruct.

I find people almost take this as a challenge instead of trying to understand it.
    They see a warning as a threat, A plea as a taunt..

This often can spell disaster
    Last edited by Arclight; 09-08-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Typo

MBTI
    ENFP

why are so many enfps 6w7?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    why are so many enfps 6w7?
    i think a lot of it is enfp 7w6s who haven't learned how to deal with their anxiety so their w6 feels way out of whack. one of my friends is like this, actually had a mental breakdown. his natural spontaneity looks more like adhd, distractedness, and a stronger cloud of darkness that he can't control. the anxiety hasn't really smoothed out or equalized, and the e7 avoidance tendency doesn't really help. it's somewhat frustrating and i don't really know what to do. he's a really, really good dude.

i may be wrong, but it feels like anxiety is like this personal hell that a person can get stuck in. and they need a very particular kind of key to solve the riddle, but it's so difficult to figure out how to get it, to randomly play the therapist lottery, try medications, methodologies, etc. but knowing that there's probably someone out there who has the perspective and the techniques to deactivate it. that there's some way to communicate and work through the answers, outside things, people, and viewpoints that can help ease you back and correct some of the systemic anxiety errors.

also, for some reason this made me think of the flaming lips record the soft bulletin.