User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i'm 7w6 definitely more 7 than 6 but i do get very anxious and restless and feel immobilized by stress...and avoidant...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

I just found this thread which relates to this topic & why we have this anxiety..
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...oint-nine.html

Pretty interesting. I'm going to read the books she mentioned. =]
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    I just found this thread which relates to this topic & why we have this anxiety..
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...oint-nine.html

Pretty interesting. I'm going to read the books she mentioned. =]
    that sounds fun...i'm going to climb under my covers with chocolate and wine and rock myself to sleep.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Yes, I definitely get stuck in thought loops. mostly thinking about social interactions that have happened.. how they annoyed me..

Randomly, i'll get a panic attack. i'll just feel super disgusted in myself and feel like never eating again because I feel "fat" but I'm not fat, so I never follow through with that That rhymed, Lol.

and yes, i become very avoidant with everything when i'm stressed out. and then i get into negative thought loops about how i'm not doing what i'm supposed to be doing.

The anxiety feels like, I guess the feeling you get when you think you've forgot something, like leaving the stove on or something like that. I don't feel like I've forgotten something though, lol, just to make that clear. It's just the little feeling of panic and slight urgency you get that's equivalent.

i haven't learned to react positively to stress. i just know that I don't feel it whenever I'm distracted by something else, or done what I'm supposed to do, or just random little things that make me happy
    VanillaCat ~ thank you so much for this post as it has me feeling I am not so alone in this world (oh yah - I can actually become stressed merely thinking of how odd & USELESS I become when stressed).

While I so admire other types and am aware of their courageous strategies at overcoming challenges - I have mastered none of them. Like when you hear of someone saying 'yah...I've been really stressed out lately so I just ran 20 miles and then whipped up some homemade yogurt' or 'I just completely cleaned my home and got caught up on my bills'.

Oh really? 'I just compulsively checked my email 88 times, cursed how ugly I have become in the mirror and now I'm ready to eat a dinner of chocolate and sleep for 3 days'.

It still amazes me how I can react like the child that has been let down in some monumental way. I have tried to train myself not to have 'magical thinking' or 'great expectations' but still do and believe I always will. I guess I will have to learn to find joy in yogurt making
    Last edited by Starry; 09-07-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: I'm a terrible word omitter

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    VanillaCat ~ thank you so much for this post as it has me feeling I am not so alone in this world (oh yah - I can actually become stressed merely thinking of how odd & USELESS I become when stressed).

While I so admire other types and am aware of their courageous strategies at overcoming challenges - I have mastered none of them. Like when you hear of someone saying 'yah...I've been really stressed out lately so I just ran 20 miles and then whipped up some homemade yogurt' or 'I just completely cleaned my home and got caught up on my bills'.

Oh really? 'I just compulsively checked my email 88 times, cursed how ugly I have become in the mirror and now I'm ready to eat a dinner of chocolate and sleep for 3 days'.
    I agree completely! Long lost twin! Hehe

It still amazes me how I can react like the child that has been let down in some monumental way. I have tried to train myself not to have 'magical thinking' or 'great expectations' but still do and believe I always will. I guess I will have to learn to find joy in yogurt making
    Do you have any examples of this?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    do you get stuck in negative thought loops? do you get panic attacks? do you become completely avoidant?

what does e6 anxiety/panic feel like? what have you learned to do to positively respond to severe stress?
    Negative loop yes .. In the past .. I'm now training my mind to find more positive perspectives .. So far it's working .. Yayyy

Panic attacks .. no

What have i learned .. Detach and look from outside in .. How bad is it? What can i do to change my thinking etc? In the grand scheme, is it important?

The answers .. No .. Yes .. No.

I am aware though i have to be very careful around those energy vampires to leech onto you .. Other peoples negative behaviour has a serious impact on my internal wellbeing which can cause incredible anxiety.

I also know from experience though that even during times of hardship .. Sometimes the foundations need to be shaken in order for change to follow .. This is when true strength comes into play.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP

7w6
    Anxiety: Yes
    Avoidant: Rarely
    Panic attacks: No
    I dislike negative behavior because it can change my mood, from excited to angry/anxious, when I see all kind of weird shit, and although I have this reaction I still try to fix it...help that person get a little more insight on his negative thing, because knowing is the first step to improving.

Do you have any examples of this?
    I’m not sure I can explain the expectation/magical thing all that well when I think on it.‎

I guess imagine a child that just knew they were going to get a certain gift for their birthday. It ‎could be anything…but let’s say a rock polisher (I can actually remember wanting one of those). ‎And in the gift pile there is a package that is shaped just like it…weighs what a rock polisher ‎would weigh…and so now the child just knows that everything is going according to plan – all is ‎well in the world. But when the gift is opened it is a set of books or something. None of the ‎gifts contain a rock polisher.‎

I realize that that is a pretty dorky analogy…and I have never actually had that experience with ‎regards to irl material gifts (I actually ended up getting my rock polisher)…but I feel like that ‎quite often just existing in the world. I get disappointed by people and think – ‘no one is as ‎innocent as I am, pure, gullible, happy, possessing a real sense of good-will toward all people’. ‎Watching the news can make me literally ill. The anxiety comes when I have had several back-‎to-back experiences with ‘being reminded’ that the world isn’t how I imagine it to be…how I ‎just KNOW it should be. And then I’ll start to wonder…how did I end up here? *anxiety time* ‎This is when I do become avoidant…and, I guess start obsessively looking for some sign that ‎there is good in this world.‎

I think with guys too. Like I'll think...hooray I've met the man of my dreams! And then they will let me down in some way. Then the whole 'magical picture' is shattered. Total idealist.

MBTI
    iNfp
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

(head fix currently 7w6) I had a panic attack once. I was facing one of my phobias (driving) while having indulged in too much caffeine for the past couple of weeks. I have had times when my anxiety was more prominent in my life, but I've been pretty counterphobic for a while now, and when I identify a problem area, I tend to kick its proverbial butt. Also, I have some reaaaally cool antidepressants that make me fearless at the right dosage. I was pretty avoidant when I was younger, but my life situation had a lot to do with that. It was simply the best way to survive.

The panic attack felt like I couldn't breathe at all, and for almost a full hour after that I was having trouble even staying upright, I thought I might faint at any moment, and I was very dizzy.

The way I deal with my anxiety is a multipronged attack. I identify the problem, I try to work out what issues I have that are causing the problem, work my way through those issues, and then I try to desensitize myself to the problem by forcing myself to face it over and over again. Oftentimes I will confide in my friends and they will end up lending me some kind of support, and having a group support you and want to help you is very effective. Like I said, I also have my medication. Attitude and being just really determined to be better are important, too.
    "You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."
    Pink - "God is a DJ"