MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default INFP 7w6 ?

hey guys :]

so the thread i made trying to figure out enfp vs infp was very enlightening, and i was hoping maybe yall could help me clear up some more of my type specifications. for an infp, i'm rather social, have very strong Ne, and i really have no inclination towards the tragic or morbid. i am also an sluai in the global 5.

so, now when i get to the enneagram... well, it's very much between 4w3 and 7w6. i feel aspects of both and am having a hard time pinpointing myself.

at first i thought i was a 4, but then i don't really have any self-loathing, i've kind of always liked being me, even if i wasn't always sure of what being me entailed. i don't really want a "rescuer", though i would like a confidante and partner in crime. on the other hand, i do have envy, and i'm not really as go-getting as 7s sound. i like better to have some close friends with strong agendas and make plans together. i have gluttonous tendencies, but it's more about the inability to choose which option i would rather have than the desire to have all the options.

i sound like a 4-7 mush-mash. help plz

here are some things about me:
    adjectives: artistic, curious, empathetic, aesthetic, positive, adventure-loving, idealistic
    hobbies: student organizations, sorority, painting, violin, web design, editing
    generally: happy - sometimes: anxious, silly, curious, irritated (by physical discomfort) - not often: sad, angry (from moral injustice)
    how i get when stressed: uptight, terse, controlling, snippy. very focused. having one or just a few other people around almost always makes me feel better.
    my favorite feeling: "mystical" connection with something infinite, like when looking out at the moonlit ocean or over endless mountain ranges
    my least favorite feeling: being trapped
    how i deal with not knowing things: gather all the information i can, analyze it myself, and then poll people for their opinions (srsly though it's true)

thank you <3

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

If you're 7w6 you should prolly rethink that INFP claim, miss maybe-ENFP

While it is quite uncommon for Fours to mistype as Seven, it is not especially unusual for Sevens to initially mistype as Four. In addition, from an external point of view, more extroverted Fours, primarily those with the Three wing, can, in some settings, look like Sevens and artistic Sevens might resemble Fours. This is because both types can be creative, unconventional, attention seeking and even flamboyant in their presentation. Nevertheless, Fours are far less extroverted than Sevens who truly seek out people as a principle means of distraction. Fours are comfortable with their negative mental states, even sometimes choosing to inhabit them, whereas Sevens are in flight from pain. As a general rule, Sevens tend to overestimate the extent of their suffering and sadness because they find such mental states to be so threatening to their sense of self; they can therefore think of themselves as being more melancholic than they actually are. The melancholy of type Seven is primarily driven by anxiety however, whereas that of type Four has its roots in a feeling of worthlessness.
    from here.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    If you're 7w6 you should prolly rethink that INFP claim, miss ENFP
    Agree.

Plus 4w3 and 7w6 are the most ENFPish enneagram:The Enneagram Blogspot: New! 4w3 vs. 7w6 - Misidentifying

Are you really so sure to be an introvert?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

From your post you don't sound like a 4 to me.

So ENFP 7w6?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Agree.

Plus 4w3 and 7w6 are the most ENFPish enneagram:The Enneagram Blogspot: New! 4w3 vs. 7w6 - Misidentifying

Are you really so sure to be an introvert?
    hahaha, yes, that's what confuses me so much!

unless i've vastly misunderstood extravert, i really do think i'm introverted. i'm so much more comfortable in small groups and i love my alone time with nature. i like being a part of bigger groups because i like feeling connected to the whole, but they are more challenging for me to interact in. i also spend so much time inside my own head (though i'm not sure if i ever get anywhere, lol.)

that's a very interesting page, thank you for sharing it! though it seems kinda biased towards the 4w3, doesn't it? it makes 7s seem very superficial. i think i'm a 4w3 after the page, but i'm not sure.

arguments toward 4

the thing that stops me from being I'M A SEVEN is that i don't have that disappointed discard reaction, though i can move through things quickly. i think sometimes there's something deep that i'm looking for, and sometimes i can't get it, and that's when i move on. like i took up the violin a little while ago. but it takes a long time to master, i forgot that (you'd think i'd realize this after 10 years of piano lessons). i felt special because my teacher said i was a natural but after a while, i was frustrated and couldn't exude the emotion i wanted to into it and moved on. it wasn't depressive frustration with the violin though - it was with myself for not being able to be a violinist there and then. i still think maybe i'll get back into it, but i pick it up again and am enamored and quickly feel the same frustrations again. i think i need to get a teacher and a set practice schedule if i'm ever to get any good.

i recently realized that i love fantasy because it's a place where i am in control. i choose things i like (and there are so many things i like) and i get to revel in that and visualize that, and then i am full of that and can bring that into the real world. there's always a happy ending there, because i decide that it is so. i can even have those negative emotions i don't like in real life - anger and sadness - and experience them in fantasy because i know it will turn out okay in the end. i know they have a higher purpose. i love bright colors, i love fun and happiness and water and trees and blue skies and mysteries and adventures, and i can have all that anytime i want in fantasy. it seems like such an obvious solution to me.

the thing that stops me from saying I'M A FOUR is the whole thing of self-definition. i have a very hard time choosing what i want because i think i see so many possibilities in myself. i like both the green and the blue. i want to go to both france and greece. it's not because i get bored of either, it's because i feel connected to both. i can feel connected to anything, really. the other thing is that there are some things i know about myself that i don't want to share. i'm bi, and i don't exude that because i'm terrified of rejection (wimpy, yeah, i know). i would love to, but i don't want to lose the people i love. can a 4 reject self-definition for acceptance?

arguments toward 7

when i was little i had this endless search for the perfect toy. i thought it would somehow... make things right, i guess. that it would fulfill me. i got close, but of course i never found it. i still kind of have that desire, i'm looking for the perfect necklace. i don't know why. somehow it will represent me, complete me, fill some kind of emptiness i feel. i'm kind of ignoring the endless search right now, but it pops back into my head regularly enough. i think the logical part of me knows full well this is a problem that cannot actually be solved with a physical thing, but... well, it's soothing to keep trying.

i'm always working on some kind of project, too. at least one, usually several. right now it's typology, lol. and even in mbti i have a hard time defining myself because i like everything and want to be everything. i can be introverted and extraverted. i am feeling but i'm also logical. i am intuitive but i'm also an artist and love hearing-touching-feeling-seeing-smelling. i am definitely a P, lol. but i wish i were more of a J. i like being an INFP because it makes me feel special to have this little niche, but i don't like limiting myself either. and self-definition... well, isn't that limitation in a lot of ways?

i also just love adventure. give me a new place to expore! give me a puzzle to figure out, i'll have it done in record time (as long as i don't get frustrated/bored). like i said, i kind of love everything. so my drive to explore is finding things i like and that are fun to me, and again i guess it's endless not because i get bored but because i want to revel in more things that i like. and that suggests 7 to me. i love where i live but i know that there are other things i love out there and i want to experience those too.

end

and i guess that's what i can't decide. we all have an emptiness... mine is that i want to be a part of everything and i want everything to be a part of me.

anyway thank you <3

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

A 7 can be Introverted, a 7 can satisfy his or her desire for external stimulation without having to deal with other people.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISFJ

I have read very little of your posts and even I know you're an ENFP.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    yep
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    hahahaha okayyy. i just don't seem like one in real life i guess, lol

thanks for your help :]]]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    hahahaha okayyy. i just don't seem like one in real life i guess, lol

thanks for your help :]]]
    Few would type me as ENFP myself so you're good.