• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] 2w3 dating 4w3

themarlins

How would this work out? Has anyone had experience or observed this couple before? I know a 4 and 2 that recently got together and I;m really hoping they work out.

Enneagram Type Two (the Helper)
with
Enneagram Type Four (the Individualist)

What Each Type Brings to the Relationship

This can be a very warm, even passionate, couple when both parties continue to share their feelings openly together. Both are seeking warmth and connection, and both are willing to provide it when they are healthy. Hence, once they have gotten over the initial hurdles of intimacy, Enneagram Twos and Fours can be a safe place for each to share their hopes, fears, and insecurities. They can be good medicine for each other: Twos contribute sociability and energy, giving Fours the confidence to interact more easily with others. Twos are warm, outgoing, thoughtful and considerate, generous, and encouraging. Twos are also practical and action-oriented, willing to pitch in where needed and to do the things that need to be done, no matter how unpleasant or unglamorous.

To this mix, Fours bring creativity, a sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at human foibles, and emotional honesty. They see their own craziness and their own falseness and they do not try to varnish the truth of their quirks from themselves or from the Two. Fours also bring a sense of beauty and of subtlety into the relationship: they care about how things impact on themselves and others, and so they go out of their way to arrange their world to be more aesthetically pleasing, allowing the Two to feel more relaxed and nurtured. Fours also bring emotional depth and sensitivity to their relationships, a sense of mystery and unpredictability, sensuality and sexual freedom. In short, Fours invite Twos to take a closer look at their deeper needs, the truth of who they are and what they actually feel. Twos appreciate the subtleties and nuances that Fours bring, and Fours thrive in this atmosphere of appreciation. They can lighten up each other with unexpected humor and appreciation of each others' quirks. Each invites the other to mature emotionally, usually without saying so. Both help the other to stop being so concerned about what others think of them and to become more inner-directed.

Potential Trouble Spots or Issues

Usually Twos and Fours make better friends and colleagues than intimates. Surprisingly, this pairing is rare in intimate relationships. One would think that they would be a natural fit with each other: the rescuer (Two) and the rescued (Four), the lost child and the parental figure. The problem is that there can be too much emotionality and unspoken demands in this pairing for their own good. Twos and Fours tend to have many emotional issues in common-which allows them to understand each other readily while also laying the groundwork for potential problems and conflicts. They both need closeness and intimacy and tend to cling to anyone who responds to them sufficiently. Over the long term, there is the tendency to become competitive for attention or for one person to feel better liked and more appreciated than the other.

Moreover, Twos tend to find Fours too moody and temperamental, led too much by their feelings and unconscious impulses. They also see Fours as hypersensitive and self-absorbed—and not interested enough in others or their welfare. Fours tend to find Twos to be too saccharine and artificially upbeat, flattering and insincere to get close to people and to feel needed. Fours see Twos as secretly emotionally needy, desperate for others to like them and seek them out. They can see the Two's helpfulness as little more than an attempt to bribe people for love, which Fours disdain. Fours might begin to be secretly envious of the Twos social abilities and the kinds of positive reactions Twos generally get from people. Fours can begin to feel socially inept and overshadowed by the charm and popularity of Twos. Secret shame and the feeling of worthlessness of the part of both can begin to undermine the relationship. It can founder on Fours' feelings of abandonment if the Two becomes involved with others. It can also founder on Twos' increasingly feeling unappreciated by the Four. Both begin to see the other as too emotionally needy—and ultimately as more demanding than each wishes to put effort into.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi,
I knew a Two/Four pairing, and I'd say that the only reason why it didn't work out in the end is that the Four was very unhealthy, and relied on the Two to care for him, while being prepared to give her very little attention or consideration, I actually think he felt superior, though this was unfounded. A healthy, appreciative, empathetic Four might have made her feel more wanted and special, so I wouldn't let this bother you unless the Four you know is unhealthy.

The Two was like sunshine, always cheerful and friendly, her One wing made her pretty much wanna take care of him perfectly, whilst he saw her as being 'clingy.' Her personality, and general eagerness to please him meant that him becoming self centred, moody and egotistical made her feel lost and upset, pretty much breaking her heart

That said shared Three wing in your couple should definitely make them understand each other more than the coulple I mentioned, ( the perfectionistic One wing and the flighty Three wing caused problems.) The different dominant Enneagrams with shared wing should make these two quite complimentary, depending on the health levels of the two people concerned.

I hope they do well :D

themarlins

you know, the more i think about it, the more strange it seems.

i predict the 2 pushing for more and more, wanting to see each other all the time. the 4 kind of pulling back. the 2 feeling offended, and then pulling back or pushing even harder. or the 4 complying so much that there's a power imbalance with the 2 having too much power

theyre both such emotional types. i cant even imagine how they would deal with a conflict. the 2 is female and i think she will be domineering and the 4 will get annoyed. then the 2 will lose interest because she runs right over him and he doesnt lead her like a man should. sexually the 4 seems really shy and tame. probably something the 2 isnt used to.

i wish them the best but i think its going to be a frustrating ride for em