User Tag List

Thread: Type 2 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Default Type 2 sx/so

Hello all,

Well, I finally took the instinct variant test and tested as a sx/so (with a strong so) and what I was looking for was: Can anyone find a description of a type 2 sx/so? I've tried looking myself and haven't found a description yet and I'd like to see how I am, personally, compares to the description.

Thanks! I appreciate it
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sexual/Social

This subtype shares most of the same issues with the sex/self-pres subtype - the flirtatiousness, the jealousy, and the intense focus on others. They differ in that they give their attention to more people. They actually have a softer presentation than the fiercely intense sex/self-pres. This subtype has a lot of charisma. On the high side, they can be a role model for acceptance and caring. Their love can spread to all of humanity. The down side can be similar to that of the sex/self-pres, but the secondary social instinct brings the issue of pride more into focus as well.

The sexual/social, like the social/sexual, tend to consider their presence to be their gift. They can be wonderful friends just like the soc/sex, the difference being that their relationships are taken more seriously, once they move beyond the early stages. They may not work as hard in those early stages as the soc/sex will, but at some point, when the relationship becomes more intimate, the sexual variant issues get triggered. With the soc/sexual the issues and dysfunction are more apparent before the intimacy even begins.
    Two stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Thanks much Speed!

I can see a lot of that in me. I have a very strong need for closeness and intimacy with my friends/lovers and I sometimes get a little jealous if they ignore me after a while. Of course, I'll be damned if I ever express any of these feelings as I often quietly chastise myself for feeling this way. I try to remind myself that my friends aren;t bound to me and that I need to stop being so needy.

....but, still, whenever I hear about a group of them going out somewhere I always quietly think to myself, "Why didn't you invite me? "

I'm not so sure about being charismatic. I was told once I was but honestly I don't see it. /shrug

And about the pride thing...ugh, not my finest quality and I feel a bit ashamed to admit this, but sometimes when I'm in a social situation I'll sometimes think that, since *I* am there, that things won't be so bad or that someone will benefit because of me.

It's not something I'm proud to admit as I feel so arrogant to say that but I suppose we all have flaws and my pride happens to be one of mine =\
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson