Thread: Type 9 women

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Type 9 women

I just realized that pretty much all of the 9's that I know/have observed have been men. The only 9 women that I know are my aunt and grandmother, but I don't really talk to them much.

So, from your perceptions, what are 9 women like compared to men? If you're a type 9 woman, what have you observed about this? If you're a guy, what have you noticed when comparing yourself?

They seem pretty different yet the same when I compare them to myself. It's interesting.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I just realized that pretty much all of the 9's that I know/have observed have been men. The only 9 women that I know are my aunt and grandmother, but I don't really talk to them much.

So, from your perceptions, what are 9 women like compared to men? If you're a type 9 woman, what have you observed about this? If you're a guy, what have you noticed when comparing yourself?

They seem pretty different yet the same when I compare them to myself. It's interesting.
    I think a lot of them misidentify themselves as 2's, because 9's get lost in social context and society often pressures women to conform to the 2 stereotype. It's not as noticeable with guys of course, because 8 is the male stereotype and 8 is a wing. I know a female 9, but she often behaves like a 2 or a 4. She's very 9 though, the spaciness, the conciliatory attitude, the serene spiritual air about her.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

From my experience, the differences between males and females 9 are not especially higher than among others enneatypes... Females 9 are generally cute and easy to get along with, like we could predict. I think there's maybe more differences between males and females 9w8. Males 9w8 often show an attitude of strength, and like to exibit a virilious side and bravado.We have often a sort of "macho vulnerability" that females, of course, can't have. I've heard that Miley Cyrus is an 9w8 Sx/Sp, if I compare with you, there's such a contrast. As others famous examples of females 9, I think also about aunt Beru from Star Wars or Fred from AtS or maybe Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

My girlfriend is a type 9 (9w1 i think). They're usually more chatty and somewhat less laid-back than males, meaning that they have a slight 6-ish aura (without the reactivness and real anxiety, though). There's actually a rather big difference in their whole demeanor, however it's not easy to analytically dissect where the diversity really lies.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I think a lot of them misidentify themselves as 2's, because 9's get lost in social context and society often pressures women to conform to the 2 stereotype. It's not as noticeable with guys of course, because 8 is the male stereotype and 8 is a wing. I know a female 9, but she often behaves like a 2 or a 4. She's very 9 though, the spaciness, the conciliatory attitude, the serene spiritual air about her.
    A lot of 9's can look like 2's in a social setting regardless, especially if they are a social first. Hmm. 9's are basically social chameleons; so it's kind of hard to identify other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    From my experience, the differences between males and females 9 are not especially higher than among others enneatypes... Females 9 are generally cute and easy to get along with, like we could predict. I think there's maybe more differences between males and females 9w8. Males 9w8 often show an attitude of strength, and like to exibit a virilious side and bravado.We have often a sort of "macho vulnerability" that females, of course, can't have. I've heard that Miley Cyrus is an 9w8 Sx/Sp, if I compare with you, there's such a contrast. As others famous examples of females 9, I think also about aunt Beru from Star Wars or Fred from AtS or maybe Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls.
    It's really difficult for me to spot female 9's though. I'm just so used to the male ones. When I saw Miley Cyrus she was really agreeable and "cute" as you put it; so I can see that. She also seemed kind of aloof.

Hmm. This is weird. My perceptions of 9's are entirely male.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    They're usually more chatty and somewhat less laid-back than males, meaning that they have a slight 6-ish aura (without the reactivness and real anxiety, though). There's actually a rather big difference in their whole demeanor, however it's not easy to analytically dissect where the diversity really lies.
    I can see the 6ish aura in my aunt; who's an ISTP 9w8 sp/sx. I see what you mean.

And bolded is exactly my issue. It's really hard to dissect the diversities.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm 9w1 and I seem to come off as sort of cold, uptight, and aloof and a bit mousy at first.

Then once people get to know me, they realize I'm laid back and pretty accepting and I have a good sense of humor, but at the same time have kind of a low tolerance for certain kinds of BS.

That doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense, does it?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's really difficult for me to spot female 9's though. I'm just so used to the male ones. When I saw Miley Cyrus she was really agreeable and "cute" as you put it; so I can see that. She also seemed kind of aloof.
    Miley Cyrus is also ENFP.

Hmm. This is weird. My perceptions of 9's are entirely male.
    I'am in the same way. I think it's because I like to identify with people and that it's more easy with male people. So, when I learn than Ringo Star or Jimi Hendrix were 9w8, that interest me and I want to learn more about them to see what we have in common, and better understand them in order to better understand me. Same when I learn that John Lennon was a Sx/So 9, that interest me and love to see how our mode of expression can be similar, when I understand that Spike and Angel from BTVS and AtS are both sexual 9, that interest me and strongly indentify with them. At the contrary, it does'nt seem natural to identify with a girl or a woman: when I have learn that Jennifer Aniston is 9, that left me totally cold and uniterested, same when I've learn that Janet Jackson is a 9, same for Miley Cyrus.

I'm 9w1 and I seem to come off as sort of cold, uptight, and aloof and a bit mousy at first.

Then once people get to know me, they realize I'm laid back and pretty accepting and I have a good sense of humor, but at the same time have kind of a low tolerance for certain kinds of BS.
    That was also my impression when I have seen your video.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

I've heard that Miley Cyrus is an 9w8 Sx/Sp
    Miley Cyrus is also ENFP.
    Ahhh! really?! We have the exact same personality o_o that's a weird feeling...
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I guess that you don't especially like her, right?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

I guess that you don't especially like her, right?
    I thought she was alright originally, but she's gotten more annoying as she's gotten more and more famous. The limelight poisoned her soul!

I know that I don't know her personally and shouldn't judge, but that's what I see from what she puts out there.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.