User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Default 9s are wonderful :-)

Hi guys, can someone please explain to me the more problematic traits of type 9, because nearly everyone I know who is a 9 seems pretty perfect, they tend to have an innate warmth which fills the room, and yet a gentleness, dreaminess about them, even with an 8 wing...Thanks.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'am perfect, so I can't answer to your question.

No, seriously, I'd say to begin that we are at the center of the Gut Triad, and so we are conflicted between interior use and exterior use of the energy. We are not like 8 and 1 who know easily how take decision use their energy. The 8 is the Bad Boy, the 1 is the Right Boy. We are between the both believing that every positions are potentially good. We have an enormous amount of energy that we don't know how to use.

So the reflex is to avoid the question by narcotizing and withdrawing, to reach the peace and can decide between thoses different point of view. When he integrate in 3, the 9 unleash his energy, act and achieve, free of theses questions. When the 9w8 take decisions, he tend more to play the Bad Boy role, when the 9w1 take decisions, he tend more to play the Right Boy role.

That's how I personally feel about, though.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram

Nines can be neglectful, inattentive, long-winded, delusional, lazy, dependent, self-medicating, avoidant, the list goes on. They have all kinds of faults, just like any other type. I still know what you mean, they are very pleasant to be around.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Nines can be neglectful, inattentive, long-winded, delusional, lazy, dependent, self-medicating, avoidant, the list goes on. They have all kinds of faults, just like any other type.
    We can also be sexy.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    We can also be sexy.
    This is true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

[QUOTE=Speed Gavroche;1142870]We can also be sexy.[/QUOTE

I know, it's funny, my boyfriend sometimes has no idea he is being, it seems to just be natural. Of course I know all his negative traits too, not gonna list online cos that wouldn't be fair, but some are listed by Forever_Jung...yet all the 9s I know seem to have this air of 'I didn't mean to' which makes them more forgivable....Do you find this at all?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

We want you to believe we're wonderful so you won't make life unpleasant for us and so that we can all be happy and at peace. The problem arises when our wonderfulness starts making us indispensable and we get tired and resentful.

I don't think too many people besides my husband consider me particularly sexy. Thankfully he's the only one that matters.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

@ Cafe: You're picture is brilliant.

Yeah it isn't great to place an great amount of responsibility on some of my closer 9s, as they're likely to crack under the pressure of wanting to live up to their own mega high expectations and end up feeling like some sorta disappointment, or lashing out a bit...either way they usually don't disappoint.

Can't really say much about though cos (I think) I'm a four with a positive outlook (though striving to be unique and special isn't really my thing but whatever) ...but I'd rather avoid an issue than disappoint someone as well so...

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

I noticed recently that whenever people say "Hi, how are you?" I usually just respond with "good." Not asking them how they're doing in return. I never really realized this before, but that's probably a bad thing.... I really do care about people and want them to be happy, but I don't think to ask how they're doing. I just don't think!

I'm a very unaware person.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    This is true.
    Proof is my avatar with Angel, ENFJ 9w8 Sx/Sp and Spike, ISTP 9w8 sx/so along with Gunn, ISTP 8w9 Sp/So and Illyria INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx, stand in the street, ready to face the Apocalypse.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%