User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Enneagram 6

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    So interesting! I am also reasonably honest and perceptive...at least I have been told as much Can I ask what else makes you think you're a 6w7? (Please ignore me if you don't feel like sharing!)

Thanks for responding! :-)
    Uh, you're welcome. What makes me think I am a 6w7.

This is a great description I identify with strongly:

6w7s are more insecure and look for guidance and support from others. They look for people who can supply them with the bearings necessary to handle life's obstacles. They are more self-questioning and doubt their ability to find security in the world on their own. They tend to "weigh" their opinions with others. They interact with what's around them to make sure they are on the right track. They are more open and quicker to trust others. They are enthusiastic and friendly. They are less likely to say unequivocally they are right and others are wrong. When they challenge people they rarely employ a sustained scrutiny like 6w5s do. They go out of their way to show they aren't threatening which 6w5s often consider weakness. Being tough and protective yet flexible and openly vulnerable makes them endearing and likeable. They have a talent for rallying others around them when they bring attention to someone being mistreated.

6w7s are less focused and more distractable than 6w5s. They have a disorganized all-over-the-mapness with how they get all their ideas out. They are not as worried about being imprecise as they feel relieved just to be able to empty everything they were considering out of their hyperactive mind. They hurredly put down their thoughts as fast as they can for fear of leaving something about like jotting down their dreams before they forget them. They list all their points even the most anecdotal ones just in case. They want to be on the safe side as they are never quite certain about things. While 6w7s are more scattered than 6w5s they can come up with creative ideas that may be missed by more structured thinking.

6w7s want everything around them to fit nicely with their constructed safe reality. They want to be happy and content in addition to finding something strong and stable. They externalize their ambivalence and exhibit more contradictory behavior than 6w5s. They trust either too little or too much, rarely just right. When they find safety they mistrust it as too good to be true and give off mixed signals which in turn makes others uneasy with their unpredictability. Their contradictory traits and hamster-wheeling stem from doubt of themselves which drives their need for loyalty. They have push-pull tendencies from both not wanting to feel dependent on others and also not wanting to alienate them. They want to be independent with a safety net. They aren't sure how others feel about them and periodically need to be the center of attention for fear of being abandoned. They are more like divas with their flair for the dramatic. They fear being unable to cope in life and are more likely to have a victim mentality. Unlike 6w5s the last thing they want is distance. They are more demonstrative but also more masochistic and self-hating. Even if they are wrong they just want someone to be on their side and not be judgemental. Reassurance is most effective and therefore easiest to trust. They also want empathy and understanding. Honest criticism can come later once they have stopped overreacting and cooled down. In the meantime they want others to work things through with them. If they locate the source of anxiety within themselves instead of their enviornment they start to feel grounded.

6w7s are more awed and apalled than 6w5s. They are more easily startled. They vascillate between feeling excited and catastrophic thinking. They are most prone to thinking so much they fake themselves out. When their thinking center is "short-circuited" they think they are more rational than they really are. Their cognition can cause them to feel different about others from one moment to the next, as well as fear others feel equally ambivalent about them. They can swing from very nice to very challenging and vice versa. They are more hamstrung by their anxiety and frequently feel "something just came over them". When there is hardly any danger they are surprised at how much of what is buried inside them comes out. They want badly to quell their hyperactive mind from hamsterwheeling through harmful future scenarios but nothing seems to stay reliable or predictable long enough to relax with. They are like children who are gripped by fear of their own shadows and are grateful for anyone who can set them free. When there is serious danger paradoxically everything is clear and they become calm. Going in they are anything but confident but coming out they are often surprised and proud of their bravery.
    More Type 6 - PersonalityCafe

I couldn't describe it any better than that.

MBTI
    infp

I'm infp 6w7 also. Never met one in my life really. I wish I can observe other people who
    have the same type as me in person. Just want to know what their energy gonna feel like Most 6's I met are ENFJ!

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have a few questions for the 6w5's. I will be taking mental notes.

How do you stop the self doubt and questioning?

Do you feel like a contradiction to yourself due to your thinking?
    For example - Friend comes to you with a problem and being both subjective and objective, the advice you give is contradictory to your beliefs but due to compassion toy our friends need, you still give it.

How do you quieten your mind?

Thanks.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok wtf..I'm a NFP,enneagram 4, but that description of a 6w7 rings *very* true when it comes to how I experience 'making a living' for myself, when I have to compete with others and face the real world. Is there a correlations between these two types? Blackcat?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Ok wtf..I'm a NFP,enneagram 4, but that description of a 6w7 rings *very* true when it comes to how I experience 'making a living' for myself, when I have to compete with others and face the real world. Is there a correlations between these two types? Blackcat?
    This describes exactly what it is that I see in STJ Your shadow. They become very good at hiding and working around it to make it through life. They become so adept at it that they cannot fully encompass the Fi within themselves. The ESTJs are so much in control that this Fi doesnt rear its head, they stay ahead of this. ISTJs though do not control their environment so this rears its head quite a bit more.

Struggling with better wording on the ESxJ, ISxJ
    ESTj => to do
    ISTj => to be done

They are not as worried about being imprecise as they feel relieved just to be able to empty everything they were considering out of their hyperactive mind. They hurredly put down their thoughts as fast as they can for fear of leaving something about like jotting down their dreams before they forget them. They list all their points even the most anecdotal ones just in case.
    Im out, its been fun