Thread: 3w4

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default 3w4

what mbti types are you 3w4?

i've seen entp, exfj, and istp. does intp make any sense? entj?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm 4w3 or 3w4

and I'm an enfp

go fig.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i've heard of enfp 4w3 but i have difficulty in understanding how enfp can work the 3 or 3 wing. i can see more easily how Se, Fe, and Ti play into the 3 project.

i've heard of enfp 2s as well, but i've yet to see it, and i can't even speculate how that works.

there's some stuff about 7w6 and 4w3, but i haven't figured it out. i thought walt whitman was a 4w3, and song of myself feels 4w3, but then i started shifting and seeing him as 7w6 sx/so. the sx pushes someone in a similar direction, the desire for individuation, completion, expression.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    I'm 4w3 or 3w4

and I'm an enfp

go fig.
    whatup

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i've heard of enfp 4w3 but i have difficulty in understanding how enfp can work the 3 or 3 wing. i can see more easily how Se, Fe, and Ti play into the 3 project.

i've heard of enfp 2s as well, but i've yet to see it, and i can't even speculate how that works.

there's some stuff about 7w6 and 4w3, but i haven't figured it out. i thought walt whitman was a 4w3, and song of myself feels 4w3, but then i started shifting and seeing him as 7w6 sx/so. the sx pushes someone in a similar direction, the desire for individuation, completion, expression.

As much as the theories make me want to stab myself, I'm gonna go ahead and ""explain"" ENFP 3-ness with Te. And by ""explain"" I mean I'm going to leave it at that and let others have at it.

Really, what we've got is two typology systems that explain different things. We're not going to have one system outright explaining another, although there are going to be some loose correlations.

I've used the analogy of an object and its shadows, and I'll reiterate it here. Shining a light on it in one direction will cast one shadow; shining a light in another direction will cast another shadow--and it may look completely different depending on how the object is shaped. But, really, both shadows can tell us something about the object.

Think of the object as the brain; lights as various typology systems, life experiences, and other factors; and shadows as test results and other self-revelations--the things that we can "see" about ourselves.

A light shined on the top of a soda can will project a circle; a light shined on its side will project a rectangular shape. They're not contradictory, though they may seem to be.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I dont know why I'm a 3. If I went by functions, its my Fi and tertiary Te.

all I know is I'm driven to be pretty, rich, and yes, I derive I degree of happiness from ambition and a degree of shame from lack their of.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

3w4

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post

all I know is I'm driven to be pretty, rich [...]
    Exellent, lol.

Just out of curiosity, how are you with setting and meeting long term goals?
    Do you even feel the need in order to do that at all, or are you able satisfy your style's passion in other ways?

As a 4w3, I am constantly setting goals sometimes elaborate, other times more practical goals, towards which I tend to launch myself.
    Consequently, I burn out before reaching them, which provides fuel for my Four-ish angst.

Do you have as similar problems?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by briar View Post
    Exellent, lol.

Just out of curiosity, how are you with setting and meeting long term goals?
    Do you even feel the need in order to do that at all, or are you able satisfy your style's passion in other ways?

As a 4w3, I am constantly setting goals sometimes elaborate, other times more practical goals, towards which I tend to launch myself.
    Consequently, I burn out before reaching them, which provides fuel for my Four-ish angst.

Do you have as similar problems?
    I have the exaaaaaaact same problem lol

and I'm much more of a 4w3 than a 3w4 but I relate to both of those.

but yes, I have my latest goal as being an au pair in europe for the summer

other plans include launching my own art gallery, ect

then I have practical ones like run for art history club president...

sometimes the goals get met, I always start out with the best intentions but its hard to stay focused and then I feel terrible when I cant follow throughhh

3w4

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

3w4 and I hate it.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I am 3w4, though not entirely sure. I'm fairly certain I'm not 4w3. I could see myself being a 9 with a strong connection to 3 along the line of integration, especially after reading the thing posted about 3 being 9's soul child.

In any case, Chloee sent me links to two graphics that show the overlap/opposition between xNFP and E3. You might find it interesting, state_I_am_in, if you are trying to figure out how NFPs and E3 mesh.

INFP and E3: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1461/infp3.jpg
    ENFP and E3: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/899/gviewp.png

MBTI
    INFP

Also, LucrativeSid wrote about being a 3w4 ENTP in this thread and said a lot of things I really relate to and that I think apply to 3w4 xNFPs (and maybe 4w3 NFPs) as well. So here I go with the quoting now (hopefully he doesn't mind, wherever he is ...):

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I'd say that I do crave admiration, both from my intelligence and creative prowess. That's a very 3w4 thing. It seems like a stupid thing to be motivated by, right? But I want to be WORTHY of admiration, that's the real driver. So while I do tend to show off a little bit, the ultimate critic of my own significance and worthiness is me. I want to be magnificent, for myself, and for everybody else. I don't want to just play the part. At some point, it has absolutely nothing to do with filling in for insecurities anymore. It's about knowing that you've got a knack for breaking through boundaries, loving the process, and hoping that you'll be able to inspire positive change within yourself and others as the result of it. Creation and discovery are big things for me, and I'm passionate about those processes. There's lots of things I could do to look more successful on the outside, but it wouldn't mean anything to me. I want to celebrate my own vision, not someone else's. I'm not shy about sticking my vision in front of other people, in fact, I like it, but I wouldn't be able to live if I stuck them in front of my vision. I am always very aware of my image and how I'm perceived, but all of the effort I put into that is so that I'm seen as who I am, and not just who I want them to see me as. Not that it requires effort to be seen as who I am - I'm referring to something like sharing a creation. So it's just plain old authenticity or pure creativity.

That's my perspective right now at least. I can't say for sure that all 3s or 3w4s would agree with it, but in my opinion, it could be a decent insight into the mindset. I think it sounds self-inflating, so please note that it's just an attempt to describe something. I'm making no claims.
    Annnd, one more:

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I've always wanted to be the hero, the light-bringer, the sage, the creator, the scientist, or the philosopher. Someone who makes a profound difference in a unique way.

In short, I'm grandiose. Aspirations of grandeur rather than delusions of grandeur.