• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] 3w4

Evadne

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an INFJ and a 3w4. Somewhat more rare combination I think, but 3's can be any MB type.

Oh, and just for the record, Pitseleh- 3's aren't such a bad type to be. In fact, I think we rock. :rock: :newwink:

Hello fellow 3w4! Glad to see someone else is on the same boat as well. :D How's being INFJ and 3w4 been for you?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not too familiar with the whole enneagram thing...but im a 3w4, ENFJ. Is that bad?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, not at all. It means you're a competitive preacher. :devil:

G

Glycerine

Not too familiar with the whole enneagram thing...but im a 3w4, ENFJ. Is that bad?
no. It just means you're very image conscious (achiever) w/ an individualist streak. It doesn't necessarily mean you are a "competitive preacher" though. ;)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I've jealous realized im an ENFP 3w4 :)

I wish i could chill out more, but why are we terrifying?

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
I went back and forth between many E types until I discovered I was this type, all the while actually seeming/becoming said type I believed myself to be at the moment. That about sums what 3w4 is about. They say it correlates with the "inventive" personality

PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types

The basic trait of the Inventive personality type is the seeking of social status through achievements of the intellect and imagination. The following ten traits and characteristics are typical.

1. Status. Individuals of the Inventive personality type are highly competitive in pursuit of success and prestige. They want very much to be outstanding in some way (Riso, 103), to gain recognition, even fame and glory.

2. Idealized self-image. They develop highly idealized images of themselves with which they identify and which they love. The person is his idealized self and seems to adore it (Glad, 494).

3. Subdued demeanor. Persons of the Inventive type are energetic, but phlegmatic in temperament. "They can be quiet, rather private, subdued in demeanor, and have artistic interests and aesthetic sensibilities (Riso, 102)."

4. Attention. Individuals of the Inventive type have a tendency to behave in such a way as to attract attention. "They can be subtle show-offs, but show-offs nonetheless (Riso, 103)."

5. Openness to culture. The Inventive person has unusual thought processes, values intellectual matters, and judges in unconventional terms. He or she is aesthetically reactive and has a wide range of interests (McCrae and John).

6. Intelligence. "Intelligence will typically be emphasized in their self-images and social dealings." They put great stock in their ideas and demand that others do likewise (Riso, 103).

7. Competence. The faith of those of the Inventive type is "in their ability to improvise something, and they display an unusual talent for rising to the expediency of a situation (Keirsey, 184)." Their focus is on competent excellence in performance.

8. Innovation. The Inventive type maintains an independent view and is "the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that is the way things always have been done (Keirsey, 183)." They are inventors and innovators.

9. Cleverness. They are mentally bright and quick-witted. For those of the Inventive type "to be taken in, to be manipulated by another, is humiliating; this offends their joy in being masters of the art of oneupmanship (Keirsey, 185)."

10. Self-consciousness Persons of the Inventive type look to others for approval (Reich, 47). They are very conscious of how others treat them (Riso, 103) and highly sensitive to criticism (Oldham, 89) and negative evaluation.

Top Strengths*

"Creativity [originality, ingenuity]: Thinking of novel and productive ways to conceptualize and do things; includes artistic achievement but is not limited to it

"Curiosity [interest, novelty-seeking, openness to experience]: Taking an interest in ongoing experience for its own sake; finding subjects and topics fascinating; exploring and discovering"

"Love of learning: Mastering new skills, topics, and bodies of knowledge, whether on one's own or formally; obviously related to the strength of curiosity but goes beyond it to describe the tendency to add systematically to what one knows"

"Bravery [valor]: Not shrinking from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain; speaking up for what is right even if there is opposition; acting on convictions even if unpopular; includes physical bravery but is not limited to it

"Persistence [perseverance, industriousness]: Finishing what one starts; persisting in a course of action in spite of obstacles; "getting it out the door"; taking pleasure in completing tasks"

"Leadership: Encouraging a group of which one is a member to get things done and at the same [time maintain] good relations within the group; organizing group activities and seeing that they happen"

"Appreciation of beauty and excellence [awe, wonder, elevation]: Noticing and appreciating beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in various domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience"

"Hope [optimism, future-mindedness, future orientation]: Expecting the best in the future and working to achieve it; believing that a good future is something that can be brought about" (Peterson & Seligman, 29, 30).

Noteworthy examples of the Inventive personality type

Julius Gaius Caesar, Truman Capote, Jimmy Carter, Kate Chopin, Erik H. Erikson, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Mick Jagger, Madonna, Christopher Marlowe, W. Somerset Maugham, H. Ross Perot, Edgar Allan Poe, Dan Quayle, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Socrates, Meryl Streep, Barbra Streisand, Harry S Truman, Mark Twain, Andy Warhol, Tom Wolfe.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Hello fellow 3w4! Glad to see someone else is on the same boat as well. :D How's being INFJ and 3w4 been for you?

Sorry- I must have missed the updates on this thread- Evadne- Hi. :hi:

It's been great! :newwink: Personally I think having a four wing really puts a nice balance to the Three. It makes me feel more well rounded.

I've jealous realized im an ENFP 3w4

I wish i could chill out more, but why are we terrifying?

Yeah, it's funny, I'm active on several different Enneagram forums, and all of them have threads about Threes people's issues and confusions with them. I guess it's like any type, there are stereotypes that give people the wrong idea about us.

That, and some unhealthy,immature Threes who probably treated others like crap in high school. :smiley_violin:

Chloe

Yeah, it's funny, I'm active on several different Enneagram forums, and all of them have threads about Threes people's issues and confusions with them. I guess it's like any type, there are stereotypes that give people the wrong idea about us.

That, and some unhealthy,immature Threes who probably treated others like crap in high school. :smiley_violin:

I was also at first sad to be 3, i thought it's one of the worst enneagram types, because profiles really suck, and some of them say that 3s have the hardest road to health etc. but after really sucky relationship with 5, and when i saw how 5 works in stress, i am really happy to be 3, i never seen something so scary as stressed 5. :shock::shock::huh:

i think being 3 can be cool... i mostly need to be less afraid of failing. it's mostly subconsious fear that i wasnt so much aware of, most 3s arent aware to what degree they are afriad to fail

This is soooo good portrait of 3 , I see a lot of my sister in this woman, even though my sister is ISTJ-3 and this woman is probably ENFP-3, very cool
YouTube - An Enneagram Type 3 shares her Transformation... "I get to feel what it's like to be with my son!"
basically she talks about integrating her inner child type 6, when you think about it.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Chloee- Thanks for sharing that video- I really related to it too- especially since my son is a Six as well, so I totally get what she's saying. :)

I personally love being a Three- I can't imagine being any other type and wouldn't trade even if I could. Threes have a great ability to affect other people's lives in a positive way. Focusing on doing charitable and volunteer work has helped me to really see that I can put my energy and drive to good use. Focusing on helping others also minimizes my competitiveness and helps me prioritize my life better and let go of a lot of the crap I used to expend a lot of energy on maintaining. :blush:

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've noticed that, it seems paradoxical... because threes are usually nicknamed "the narcissist" (among other crap that threes usually get), but you can find many three's selflessly giving out themselves for others.

I didn't answer the op; I am wired like an ENTJ (Te Ni Se Fi). I've personally encountered 3w4 ESFx's, ENxJ's, ISTJs, ESTP's, INFPs and ENTPs.

Last edited: