Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 22%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 38%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||| 30%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 54%

I think this implies 9 rather than 3... I could be wrong though...

I've read the profile a few times and haven't been able to relate to 9s harmony and peace aspects. Surely they're exagurated? Particularly for a thinker right?

What about INTP 5s? I'd like to know the difference here, if that's possible.

I seem to have 3 different 'personalities' depending on the situation,
    1. Calm, cheerful, optimistic
    2. Pessimistic, worried, negative,
    3. Pushy, Loud, Arrogant, Efficient

hang on... isn't 9 like, ambivalent?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would agree based on those results that you are a 9 rather than a three as you scored low on 2 and 4. Your wings will influence you type. You did score high on 8, so it's possible that you are 9w8. The 8 wing would account for your agressive tendancies. The direction of disintegration for a 9 is 6, which would account for your worrying and anxiety. Also, you scored pretty high on 3, which is the direction of integration or growth for a nine.

I know one INTP 9, but he's 9w1. That makes a big difference, actually. I will say though that most people think he is incapable of anger until he is finally pushed too far. When he is pushed too far it's pretty shocking actually. It's strange to see such a calm person go berserk. He rarely does that though.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INFJ

I suppose that my bf is an INTP 9, even though I don't know the wing..... I don't know too much on the enneagram, but as I see it, I can see the INTP-ness creating a conflict with his 9ness....he is really really calm, and it takes forever to annoy him and make him angry...... I often feel that when he gets angry, he turns his anger inward until he can hold it no longer......

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Generally speaking I would think an INTP E9 is rather laid back, often funny, and prone towards apathy when subjected to stresses. They avoid conflict because it is a nuisance and a distraction more than because they are hurt by it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm almost never angry, but when I am, I let it go (and find it funny at the same time, it's kind of weird). I've only ever been seriously angry once as far as I remember, and I went off my face, swore, tipped over a couch and said I'd hate *insert name* from that point on. Needless to say, we're great friends now lol.

As for fights and drama, I see it as pointless and attempt to argue rationally to put a stop to it. I've figured out now that people just get irrational, they will have a go at you even if it's clearly ill deserved. You've just got to bear with it and bite your tongue, because you'll only make it worse.

I've heard that nines are hard to type because they act like all sorts of different types, that would explain why I was stuck between 5, 6, 7, 9, 2, and 3 I know there's a few INTP 9s on typoc, I have a feeling that they'd gravitate towards this forum, rather than INTPc.
    5 3 9

3s are image conscious 9s simply dont care about that stuff - I was told this by "enneagram teacher" ...who told me I simply cant be 9 if I care about image, even if I have more 9 than 3s characteristics atm! now I know the dude was right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

You know, I heard or read somewhere where someone said that if you identify with many different types on the enneagram, that you are either a 3, 6, or 9.

I'm just starting to learn about the enneagram though. I'm reading a book on it, which is how I typed myself, but I haven't finished the book yet. I might eventually come accross some information in the book that makes what I am writing now absolute rubbish. So, I would take some of my opinions on this matter with a grain of salt if I were you.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I certainly favor the Big Five over the MBTI now, so using that I can describe what would generally tend to make an INTP 9 like myself.

Extroversion - you would expect this to be generally low to produce the I in INTP, and definitely low in the sub-trait of assertiveness to help produce a 9. I believe a lack of assertiveness explains why many 9's are I, although being an unassertive E is still possible despite being less likely.

Openness - high would be consistent with N

Conscientiousness - low would be somewhat consistent with P.

Neuroticism - a lack of this combined with a lack of extroversion make for an unemotional T type persona that tends to use logic when dealing with things.

Agreeableness - I would agree with the findings at similarminds.com that this is the hallmark of the 9, especially the element of this that makes it really difficult for them to tolerate conflict and arguments.

This is a good start for general info on the Big Five, and the five traits. I haven't looked for Big Five pages in a while, and when I did look, I couldn't find many on the topic.

Wikipedia Big Five page

Anyway, I find that there's a clear conclusion of T or F when people are high in neuroticism and agreeableness or low in both of them. Things can be confusing when they are opposites such as in myself. That's actually why I put a ? in place of T or F. Being labeled a T reflects my calm, logical demeanor, yet it causes people to miss the elements of my personality that come from high agreeableness (which usually aren't noticed here). F has been associated with high agreeableness, but being labeled an F makes it seem like I tend to be emotional and idealistic and being NF may even lead people to think I like art and poetry and things such as that.

Anyway, some people do not fit an enneagram mold very well at all, and then some people do. It would be good to avoid forced categorization here and perhaps consider what you could get out of the two or even three highest enneagram ratings. I always tested as a 9, but in many ways, I resemble a 5 like a typical INTP does.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'm almost never angry, but when I am, I let it go (and find it funny at the same time, it's kind of weird). I've only ever been seriously angry once as far as I remember, and I went off my face, swore, tipped over a couch and said I'd hate *insert name* from that point on. Needless to say, we're great friends now lol.

As for fights and drama, I see it as pointless and attempt to argue rationally to put a stop to it. I've figured out now that people just get irrational, they will have a go at you even if it's clearly ill deserved. You've just got to bear with it and bite your tongue, because you'll only make it worse.
    Anger falls under neuroticism instead of agreeableness or a lack of it. Being angry all the time would certainly detract from agreeableness and even fuel assertiveness (neuroticism does interfere with levels of other traits). That brings up some questions, though, that do not pertain to you (stepping off topic for a second). Does being angry frequently interfere with who you really are or is being frequently angry who you really are?

Anyway, as a clear 9 I can tell you that conflict is very stressful for me, especially when it's with someone who is important to me. Conflict can result in nearly wanting to cry, even as unemotional of a person as I am, and I'm naturally inclined to do almost anything to avoid it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Generally speaking I would think an INTP E9 is rather laid back, often funny, and prone towards apathy when subjected to stresses. They avoid conflict because it is a nuisance and a distraction more than because they are hurt by it.
    awww... You can just say "MacGuffin" instead of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    I know one INTP 9, but he's 9w1. That makes a big difference, actually. I will say though that most people think he is incapable of anger until he is finally pushed too far. When he is pushed too far it's pretty shocking actually. It's strange to see such a calm person go berserk. He rarely does that though.
    Very true. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Stupid iPod double post.