User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

worthless.

combining 9 laziness with INTP intellectual superiority complex?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I certainly favor the Big Five over the MBTI now, so using that I can describe what would generally tend to make an INTP 9 like myself.

Extroversion - you would expect this to be generally low to produce the I in INTP, and definitely low in the sub-trait of assertiveness to help produce a 9. I believe a lack of assertiveness explains why many 9's are I, although being an unassertive E is still possible despite being less likely.

Openness - high would be consistent with N

Conscientiousness - low would be somewhat consistent with P.

Neuroticism - a lack of this combined with a lack of extroversion make for an unemotional T type persona that tends to use logic when dealing with things.

Agreeableness - I would agree with the findings at similarminds.com that this is the hallmark of the 9, especially the element of this that makes it really difficult for them to tolerate conflict and arguments.
    I say its a mono-directional relationship:

intuitives are probably usually going to score high on openness. However, I do not think high openness necessarily means you are N (I would bet there are a lot more "S"s that score descent on openness in sheer aggregates). I remember reading some interesting info on how they "big 5" tested zip codes around the USA. What they found was distinct personalities. More amazingly they found that high openness was the #1 indicator of economic growth. Places like the midwest with high conscientiousness and neuroticism (Detroit car factor workers) were SOL. SF bay area was the highest in openness I think. As someone who has spent time there and lived in other states, I would definitely agree. And its way beyond just SF bay area being open to political things. Its almost like other areas that score lower on openness just have more pressure "to be normal" for all areas of life. Do I think the SF has more N's than other places? maybe, but I think theres probably a hell of a lot of "high openness" SJs there too...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    worthless.

combining 9 laziness with INTP intellectual superiority complex?

I think the "laziness" tends to cancel out the superiority complex. Such things are a disturbance upon the force.At least it works nicely with Ti, minimal effort to get things working. And without that mentality, all of your household appliances would be a pain in the ass to turn on.

I might try reading Blackcat's Enneagram 9 profile, because I don't seem to fit with some of the nine profiles that I've read.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I say its a mono-directional relationship:

intuitives are probably usually going to score high on openness. However, I do not think high openness necessarily means you are N (I would bet there are a lot more "S"s that score descent on openness in sheer aggregates). I remember reading some interesting info on how they "big 5" tested zip codes around the USA. What they found was distinct personalities. More amazingly they found that high openness was the #1 indicator of economic growth. Places like the midwest with high conscientiousness and neuroticism (Detroit car factor workers) were SOL. SF bay area was the highest in openness I think. As someone who has spent time there and lived in other states, I would definitely agree. And its way beyond just SF bay area being open to political things. Its almost like other areas that score lower on openness just have more pressure "to be normal" for all areas of life. Do I think the SF has more N's than other places? maybe, but I think theres probably a hell of a lot of "high openness" SJs there too...

I have US maps of I think three different Big Five traits indicating where they're really high, high, moderate, low, and really low. Still, whenever you have general statistics like that, they never tell the whole story. I think Louisiana is at least moderate openness, if not high, but I can tell you pretty certainly that there's a lack of openness in this town.