User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default The Soul Child of Type Four - Point One

(For the sake of completeness and in case it gets missed in the intro thread, here is a separate thread for Type Four)

Within the dramatic, intense, and emotional facade of a Four is a bossy and pushy little One-ish soul child who is intent on all the other little kids behaving properly - seeing to it that none of them jumps the line, that their clothes are tidy, and that their manners are good. This soul child is a Goody-Two-shoes, prim and proper, and critical of all those who don't follow the rules. She is a stickler for fairness and correctness and gets quite angry when the other kids are bad. They are the problem children who need to be straightened out, and in this we see the Four's tendency to blame others for their problems, as well as their defensiveness when an "imperfection" about them is pointed out.

Acknowledgeing this self-righteous and resentful little soul child is difficult for a Four, since it feels like her biggest flaw, opening her up to tremendous self-attack and self-hatred. Rather than imploding her agression and directing it towards herself, bringing her soul child to consciousness is really a huge part of solving her inner suffering. The more she sees it, the more she acknowledge her defensiveness and her need to be right, and in so doing, her soul is gradually able to relinquish its control. Understanding her need to control others and make them do what she wants will expose her lack of perception of perfection of things as they are and, more important, of her own perfection. As she progressively integrates her soul child, she will see how the purity, luminousity, and inherent brilliancy of her soul were not allowed or mirrored in her childhood.

Losing touch with the Aspect of Brilliancy, which she most embodied, she felt damaged, and developed in reaction a personality stype based on estrangement, abandonment, and longing for connection outside of herself. The more she integrates her soul child, the more the little do-gooder will transform into a shining sense of inner completeness, perfection and elegance. Instead of living a life based on envy or mourning, and longing from a far for contact, she will find that the completeness she seeks is within and that the grass inside is very brilliant indeeed.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Aspect of Brilliancy
    Is there a link or outside reference to the notion of Aspect of Brilliancy, or is it self-referencing within the quote in the OP? Just curious if there was more I could read about this, hadn't heard it before.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

Is there a link or outside reference to the notion of Aspect of Brilliancy, or is it self-referencing within the quote in the OP? Just curious if there was more I could read about this, hadn't heard it before.
    try here Search Results for A.H. Almaas

but she mentions it through out whole book [type 4 part ]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

is this saying that Type 4's have a tendency to be bossy? if so, this makes the most sense of anything i've read tonight.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Epiphany

Is this saying that my inner soul is a woman?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

yeah this makes sense

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Thank you for this. It's very accurate for me. Even though my inner child is ordering me not to acknowledge this...:-)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

this makes a lot of sense! thanks!
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

At first I didn't recognize it..then it kinda made sense...

For those who are up for a long read...I just kinda happened to write about this in my blog:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1209521

It's a frigging bitch to deal with this
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”