User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default The soul child of Type One - Point Seven

Inside of the moralistic, righteous, and upstanding stance of a One is a young child who cares nothing about being good or doing the right thing. He only wants to play and have a good time and to take in all of the wonderful things that life has to offer - a little Seven. A One's soul child wants to sample every piece of chocolate and have a bite out of all the other children's cookies. He is a little glutton, wanting to grab exciting tidbits of everything he can get his hands on, and wanting to have three different activities going on so that he can jump from one to another whenever things get monotonous. His gluttony may reach hedonistic levels, in which the supressed essential quality of the Yellow or Joy makes its distorted appearance as indulgent pleasure seeking. The all-too-familiar Moral Majority spokesperson or evangelical Christian who gets caught with his hand in the till or his pants down is the leaking through of this sensualist and born vivant soul child.

As a One moves beyond his judgments and self-criticism, and is able to allow this pleasure-seeking young part of himself, the distorted manifestations will gradually transform. He will understand that behind his condemnations of the sinfulness and imperfections of others is an attempts to defend agains his own soul child. He tries so hard to be good because he got the message early on that his desire to have fun and play was not acceptable. Enjoyment itself was something that seemed taboo, and so life became hard work and a matter of shouldering a heavy burden. The more he penetrates his soul child's desires, the more he will get in touch with the love and delight in life itself that underlie them. Joy in the creation, the handiwork and manifestation of Being, will suffuse his heart, and he will turn his focus away from what is wrong with everything to how wonderful it all is.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

...but gebrah, enjoyment/indulgence is taboo, and life is hard work and a matter of shouldering a heavy burden.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Haha, your 7 soul child and my 8 soul child should get together for a play date some time
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    Haha, your 7 soul child and my 8 soul child should get together for a play date some time
    I hear ENFJ/ISTJ aint a bad match either

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh my god this makes so much sense! Now I'm totally certain that I'm a 1. I mean, the "soul child" is the part of you that you've tried to suppress for most of your life, right? And that you often think of as a nemesis instead of a friend? If I'm understanding it right, then yes, I completely and totally relate.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes, in a nutshell, it acts like a nemesis as long as it isn't accepted, but once you treat it as a friend, it makes you feel more fulfilled.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

But I feel like that's almost universal. Doesn't everyone who holds his or herself to a high standard, when they NEED to get something done and keep getting distracted and it gets in the way, get frustrated by that to a certain extent?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...is one a typical istj eneagram? is that possibly what might attract an istj to a type 7 enfp? or a cause of conflict? just curious.

edit: nevermind just read the type compatibility thing and whoa....completely accurate.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    But I feel like that's almost universal. Doesn't everyone who holds his or herself to a high standard, when they NEED to get something done and keep getting distracted and it gets in the way, get frustrated by that to a certain extent?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, it's universal that if a person has any problem or issue that they constantly avoid, they get frustrated and the problem doesn't just go away.

The soul child though is specifically issues that are often unconscious or repressed, so it can be difficult to be aware that you even have a problem, or why you might be having certain problems and what you need to do about it. Soul child problems also feel deeper and more significant than just mere bad habits. In Enneagram these more subconscious issues seem to correlate in a certain pattern according to type because your Enneagram type is a reaction and repression of the issues of its corresponding soul child.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Lady X,
    yes, I think so.