• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] The soul child of Type Two - Point Four

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Behind the loving, giving and helpful outer façade of a Two lies a competitive, jealous and spiteful little Four-ish soul child. Twos try to present themselves as sweet and kind, self-sacrificing, humble, all of which can be seen as very much a reaction to the darker tendencies of their soul child. This is a little boy who wants to scream “I hate you!” to the other little boy who got the teacher or mommy's attention, pull his hair and tell him how awful he is and how stupid he is too. He is very observant about who gets how many cookies, tries to grab the most and the best and reacts with spite and venom if he does not get what he wants. He is filled with envy, believing the other kids have what he lacks and that they are better than he, cuter and more lovable. He can be bitchy and back biting, vindictive and huffy.

For a Two, the negativity and pettiness of his soul child are often initially difficult to acknowledge and tolerate. It threatens all of his pretense of open-heartedness and harmlessness, but most of all, it puts him first. This is, in fact, the very thing necessary for a Two's unfoldment – getting in touch with himself is central. As a Two contacts his soul child and, instead of rejecting him, judging him and pushing him away, opens his heart to him, he will become primary in his own consciousness. This is very taboo for a Two, who learned that being self-centred set him up for parental disapproval. He will find that as he focuses more on himself – listening to and filling his own needs, responding to his own impulses and taking his own initiative, recognising his limits and setting them with others – he indeed becomes more centred within himself. This is not the negative thing he feared, signifying loss of love and becoming more selfish to him, but rather is a doorway into his personal connection with Being. The more he takes care of himself instead of others, in other words, the more he connects with the spark of the Divine within, realising himself as the Point. Instead of having others be the point of his existence, around whom he orbits, he finds himself one with Being, a star in his own universe.

sacredvision

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3s
This is the core of why I do everything I do "This is very taboo for a Two, who learned that being self-centred set him up for parental disapproval." and why when I so often (past and present) feel like this "This is a little boy who wants to scream �I hate you!� to the other little boy who got the teacher or mommy's attention, pull his hair and tell him how awful he is and how stupid he is too. He is very observant about who gets how many cookies, tries to grab the most and the best and reacts with spite and venom if he does not get what he wants. He is filled with envy, believing the other kids have what he lacks and that they are better than he, cuter and more lovable. He can be bitchy and back biting, vindictive and huffy. " it burns me and I feel terrible. But most of all I just struggle with it all the time, it is that raging battle I have in my head. I don't even know where to begin to mold the two together.

Thank you for this post, I always wondered if I was inherently a bad and terrible selfish person for having this struggle.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I believe I'm a type two; though it's hard to do anything without strings attached. I'm still trying to contact/embrace that inner soul child; but that soul child seems so..'mean and scary' to me.

How should I contact it/him/her?