User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default The soul child of Type Five - Point Eight

(This is not verbatim what is in the book but is the general gist, sometimes paraphrased or rephrased by me to make clearer what might otherwise not be understandable outside of reading it within the context of the whole book, plus a brief summing up at the end.)

The soul child of Type Five is Point Eight. So inside every self-enclosed, withdrawn, quiet Five is an Eight-ish soul child who dreams of getting even and devouring endless pints of ice cream, delights in getting down and dirty, slogging it out with the other kids and lustfully immersing itself in life. This soul child may show up when a Five curses other drivers within the isolation of his/her own car, screams at a referee on TV or condemns politicians as crooks when listening to the news.

A Five's soul child can be a little bully and a bigot, convinced s/he is right and closed to other possibilities. S/he may be defensive and denying about any perceived weakness, reacting with aggression when challenged. S/he can be punitive and vindictive, wanting to get even with others who s/he feels have wronged him/her.

For Fives, these tendencies can be challenging to acknowledge since they betoken a zesty and gutsy engagement in life that appears very threatening. As a child, their wholehearted and passionate engagement in life was not supported for one reason or another. Their vibrancy, aliveness, strength and courage were damped down.

The vindictive and self-avenging tendencies of the soul child when it first appears may be the soul's response to this stifling. In reaction to their vitality not being allowed, Fives withdrew and cut themselves off from it.

If they allow their lusty and dynamic soul child to surface, Fives will gradually reconnect with their aliveness and feel more part of life itself. Knowing and knowledge then become more embodied and inclusive since heart and belly are also involved. Courage to face the unknown is found and life becomes more and more of an exciting and engaging adventure the Five is fully and heartily immersed in.

So when Fives fulfil the need for engagement and involvement of their soul child Eight, they will step out of their isolation and feel the connection and direct experience they miss. This will enrich their type's love of knowledge for they will come to know not only intellectually and theoretically but also gain the understanding that can only come from actual experience.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

This is probably why I think ETJs kick so much ass. My inner soul child!

Thanks for this.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i liked that it's the 8-year-old tomboy in me

I was waiting for this. It's pretty much the truth for me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

For me too My inner 8 feels... angry :steam: The funny thing is I've been told by various people that I'm really pretty when I'm mad Must be that inner soul child shining through
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I love that most INTJs i know want to be like me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Soul child? :rolli:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

and all this time i just thought it was my estp shadow side.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

As much as I wish to immediately dismiss anything labeled 'soul child', I related to more parts of it than not.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Maitri and her teacher Almaas come out of the context of the 60s and 70s. I think that's the reason for the hippy-ish terms. But yeah, don't be put off by it, there's some good stuff in there.