First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    This is why the enneagram speaks more, so much more to me about personal growth and behavioural dynamics than the MBTI ever can.

I still have trouble believing that (@bold.) If I took some of the filters off, I do wonder if anyone would truly accept me as I am. There's only a tiny handful of people who I think care about me as I am.

Although in a great irony, the closest relationships I have have been formed when I am the least concerned with what the world thinks of me for taking action.

I am intrigued by this book; I am going to look it up and explore it.
    I read the book recently and it's really excellent.

Taking off the filters and not being afraid of showing who I am, that's a big step for me, but I'm working on it. And yet what you say is so true, that the authenticity of that has its own results...

I'm sure people do care about me as I am; I suspect they see more of me than they admit to seeing, just as I mustn't myself keep quiet about someone else's faults to save them from feeling criticised or hurt...

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Within every Nine is a young place that wants to be seen, to shine, to be the centre of attention. So there is a little show-off, wanting to do her dance and be applauded.

Behind the self-abnegating tendency lies a drivenness and often a ruthlessness about succeeding � usually well hidden and pushed out of consciousness. The shadow of this can be seen falling across the consciousness in the fear of the Nine to appear too pushy or take up too much space.

Underneath the inertia of the Nine is their soul child's focus on doing, and often Nines are afraid that if they start an activity, they will become driven and unable to stop.

As Nines allow themselves to get in touch with the psychodynamic structure in them that consists of their soul child's qualities, they will progressively experience themselves as more complex. Exhibitionist tendencies will transform into a sincere recognition of their personhood.
    I never see most of this in the broadstrokes and it is a shame. Thought I assume that has everything to do with source and source focus then subsequently, their frequency.
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.