• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Introverted sevens...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seven are usually described as extroverted. How does the seven outlook manifest itself in your life?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is a very interesting question. i know a couple suspected female istp 7s. i get along with them very well, but i don't have them figured out at all.

first question has to be how they differ from estp 7s. i get a sense of much bigger physical presence from estps dom Se, but also a more strategic confrontation of istps. i think scarlett johanson is an istp 7?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
the seven disintegrates to one and integrates to five. fives go to seven, if disintegrated. the "introverted seven" might be an introverted five. or it might be a seven, who is technically extroverted, but has grown a habit of retreating into rather introverted behavior for one-ish reasons.

that's just the theory, not my opinion about reality.

i have heard a rumor about "estp who are like intj", so i have looked out for such a pattern and found a few individuals who match that "description". they would live in their heads and be concerned with theories like stereotypical INTj, they would also bee interested in bodybuilding but without visible halla type of fun and with a more rigid technical approach to nutrition and stuff...

personally i can very much relate to the motive of the seven, but i just don't have to connect this issue of mine with typology. there is a live outside of type.

if theory would not insist, that sevens are extroverted, i would say, this issue of avoiding the pain of being locked into something, is more obvious or "bigger" in my live, than all the other issues of myself (which are topics of 6,5,4,9,1).

however my escape strategy is different from that of the seven, it has to be, because i don't have the skills of extroversion, which are the skills of this strategy.

i don't understand completely, why enneagram theory would insist to define the seven based on his escape strategy instead of basing the definition on the object of the fear, or even the cause of the fear.
the thing you escape from seems to be more significant to me, than the escape strategy...

but of course the strategy must be uncovered too, if the enneagram is supposed to deliver practical advice on how to overcome the fixation of the type.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seven are usually described as extroverted. How does the seven outlook manifest itself in your life?

I seek fun and excitement but I'm not loud about it?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is a very interesting question. i know a couple suspected female istp 7s. i get along with them very well, but i don't have them figured out at all.

first question has to be how they differ from estp 7s. i get a sense of much bigger physical presence from estps dom Se, but also a more strategic confrontation of istps. i think scarlett johanson is an istp 7?

To translate Enneagram to the Galen temperaments, 7 is Sanguine, and SP is also a kind of Sanguine. Hence, that's where an ISTP would get 7 from. Sanguine is extraverted, however, as a Keirsayan (conative) group, it doesn't use E/I, but rather the analogue to extraversion would be the "pragmatism" or "utilitarainism" ("do what works"; hence, quicker to act). So they could be an I and still 7.
(I wonder if the person is self-preservation type. That's what I believe would correspond the closest to the Keirsey group).