Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

I think part of being 4w3 is that we're not frustrated by shallower connections with people, more frustrated by other people's idea that we ourselves aren't as full of depth.
    Yeah, kind of this thing that Tibby said:

I mean, who wouldn't want to be more deep & intellectual? Especially in the case of 4w3's. Maybe 4w3's feel ashamed, isn't their motivation fixated on making an impression, maintain an image?
    Makes me lulz because it's obviously biased with her 4w5 judgement that it's "better" to be like that. I'm not ashamed at all of being deep or intellectual. However, a certain level of intellectualism grates on my nerves, and I don't have the stomach for academia. It feels suffocating to me. Sure, I have my intellectual side of course, but I prefer it to be in a non-structured way, and I can't stand it if it interferes with my freedom to explore and interact with people. I think we want to make an impression because we enjoy interacting with people more. There's something theatrical about us.

4w5 seems a little more stuffy and isolated to me, though I certainly have plenty of my 4w5 moments.

So 4w3s aren't "shallow," we're just not as NOTICEABLY "deep." You don't have to wear a mask of pain to be a thoughtful and self-searching soul.
    This.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

CanI wear an elephant mask with a beak that looks like a dick and still be deep, thoughtful and shallow or whats it called ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Sniffles

I'm happy being 4w5.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, kind of this thing that Tibby said:

Makes me lulz because it's obviously biased with her 4w5 judgement that it's "better" to be like that. I'm not ashamed at all of being deep or intellectual. However, a certain level of intellectualism grates on my nerves, and I don't have the stomach for academia. It feels suffocating to me. Sure, I have my intellectual side of course, but I prefer it to be in a non-structured way, and I can't stand it if it interferes with my freedom to explore and interact with people. I think we want to make an impression because we enjoy interacting with people more. There's something theatrical about us.

4w5 seems a little more stuffy and isolated to me, though I certainly have plenty of my 4w5 moments.
    I think most 4 descriptions are biased towards 4w5s. I've made a thread or two complainin' about it, haha. I think 4w3s tend to be more laid-back and playful, while the 4w5 is too busy in this thinking-mode. It's like:

4w5: Considers DEEP MEANINGFUL THINGS about self.
    4w3: Driven to EXPLORE self and EXPRESS it.

Or something to this effect. There's a difference. Eh?
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Beware of 4wXxX
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Deep and intellectual does not appeal to most people, really. So I don't know that it's anything to brag about, to the extent that it might be true. All I'm hearing is that some 4s are lonely. Nothing to envy, really, or feel superior about.

When I'm with someone who understands me, it's so rare, it feels like I was tied up in a billion knots and I can feel them slowly unwinding. It's small things, for example, I am completely enraptured by a movie that everybody else finds boring and stupid, so I can't share that because the conversation just gets cut off and my questionable taste is pointed out. Then I talk to the person who understands me and he says "Right. That scene where ..." and I jump up and say "YES! Where she said .. and he said ..." and we both nod and smile. Everything in me starts to hum with happiness.

It really does not happen often.
    Yeah *blissful sigh* I love those moments. If I could just bottle them up... or maybe carry that person around with me in my pocket... maybe I'd be content?
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hi, I think we are common over the internet. It is even disappointing to notice that there are so many of us roaming around.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

sx is more responsible for the intensity. it's addictive and compulsive and intensely seeking.

4 is responsible for the deep-seated need for authenticity and individuality, that comes out of struggle to create a unique identity/an original self.

4s connect with their values. what is shallow is what is not unique. what is not different. what is just a fucking cliche (therefore empty, vapid, inhuman --> bc it is devoid of real values as constructed by the struggle to interpret individual subjective experience in its entirety w/ a blind eye to nothing).

the ultimate form of connection is complete and total recognition. finally someone sees the whole of me, NOW the acceptance of love actually matters. bc it is the real me, the real me is what is on the line/at stake.

the more you show, and the more the other can see you, the more of you you reveal and risk. scary, you can't even look yourself in the mirror half the time bc you already see too much of yourself that is still deeply troubling. and makes up the way you judge/see the world.

garbage

There's apparently a shortage of 4w3s.

So how much of your wing type description do you all relate to?

For me, the motivations and 'end product' of the 3 and 4 attitudes are both spot on for me most of the time, except that the 'self-loathing' trait of the 4 often outweighs the 'narcissism' of the 3.

The difference between the two types seems to be summed up pretty well here:

Like Twos and Threes, the other two personality types of the Feeling Center, Fours have a problem with hostility. They direct their hostility at themselves because like the Twos and Threes, Fours have rejected their real self in favor of an idealized self-image. However, because of their self-awareness, Fours are always becoming conscious of all of the ways in which they are not like their idealized self. They come to disdain many of their real qualities which they see as barriers to becoming the self of their imagination. Angry with themselves for being defective, Fours inhibit and punish themselves in the many ways which we will see.