User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 59

  1. #41
    Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I'm a One with a Two wing.

    What's most admirable about it? Consistence, being trusted, having a high sense of moral integrity and having people seeing you as righteous. Some Ones have brought significant, desperately needed changes to society throughout History. When Ones are healthy, they inspire others to be good and to better themselves.
    What's most deplorable? Being judgemental with others and finding it difficult to just have fun and relax, making it puzzling or uncomfortable for people to be around you. Feeling guilty and so easily ashamed because you are so hard on yourself. You often judge yourself more harshly than you would others.

    In my experience, the key to becoming a healthy One is to understand and embrace grace.

    I suppose I relate to everything in the One description. Also, Martin Luther is one of my personal heroes.

    Some must-see films starring Ones:
    -Luther (2004) starring Joseph Fiennes
    -Amazing Grace (2006) about British abolitionist William Wilberforce
    -Gandhi
    -Joan of Arc (starring Leelee Sobieski)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KLessard; 03-09-2010 at 12:50 AM.

  2. #42
    L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Hello!

    I took about four different tests and I got Type 1 in all of them. The traits I easily recognized in myself are the "self-discipline", "self-principled", and "perfectionism".

    Not to mention the anger issues, which I experienced a lot in my short life, mostly because of supressing it than expressing it. I donīt know exactly why, but I canīt insult anybody who really deserves it, or do something harmful to them. The tought of doing so paralyzes me to the point of having people thinking that I have no feelings when not hitting back when somebody offends me. I prefer to be the better person, and make the offender look bad instead. Never using any form of violence.

    "An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo



    LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

  3. #43
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    I think I'm a 1. I can't figure out my instinctual variants.


    I don't see myself as perfectionistic (similar to Protean, I am happy to do half-assed work when the situation doesn't require anything better). I think this interferred with my self-typing when I was leaning more toward 5w6. I am easily driven by anger and a sense of morality, as I've demonstrated many a time on this board.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  4. #44
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Userhername- here's some descriptions of variant stackings for ones- One stacks. - the enneagram ...info from the underground
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #45
    Junior Member Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    2)[/B] Hear what other types have to say. What do you think of 1s? Is it true on this forum as on the other that there's a common problem with understanding 1s? Why or why not?

    Some specific questions for other types might be:
    What psychological trait is most admirable, and what trait is most deplorable, in 1s?
    What psychological trait in type 1s is easiest for you to understand/relate to, and which is the hardest?

    Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong.
    I'm a "shades of grey" sort of person, so this grates against me, as well as the tendency to assume the right to make these sort of judgments.

    They typically have problems with resentment and impatience
    ^ this.

    to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.
    An unrealistic tendency with high potential to be annoying when taken to the extreme.

    Things that appeal to me about the type 1 is their drive toward improvement and willingness to stand up for what they believe in. The most deplorable would have to be the sense of entitlement as well as the readiness with which they are willing to judge others, while not being consistent enough with addressing their own shortcomings.

    I can relate the most with the anger/frustration due to a failure to meed one's standards, and the hardest to understand would be the above mentioned black & white attitude in relation to their sense of right & wrong or morality.

  6. #46
    Member Jon_sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    nine
    Posts
    35

    Default

    1's hate to be wrong, or to find out they actually screwed up, it tears them up.
    When they are in the reformer mode, they want to mold you in there image of perfection, this can be very annoying. The problem with a un-integrated 1, there view of perfection is not perfect! My mother is a 1w9 and I work with another 1...
    On a plus side, they are very reliable and do most of the work, which is fine with me!

  7. #47
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
    On a plus side, they are very reliable and do most of the work, which is fine with me!
    Maybe that's why they want to mold you, freeloader.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #48
    Member Jon_sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    nine
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Maybe that's why they want to mold you, freeloader.
    I said it was a plus! They are way past the chance of changing me, they just step over me and finish the job...

  9. #49
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Another Enneagram one who's a definite Mbti P-type here, just to provide further evidence that they do actually exist Other than the analysis paralysis issue I relate most strongly to Magic from what has been posted here. There are some other interesting contributions though. I'm all too familiar with most of the issues people are bringing up.

    I'm not really convinced that the concept of Wings has a sound basis - it seems to be determined more by geometric than psychological considerations. My results in any case would tend to go either way or just be "balanced" depending on personal context or the test I was taking, rather as Magic was saying of himself. I'm probably more often acting in the context of a 1w9, but there's scarcely a difference for me if even there's anything in that part of the system. So, let me think:

    1 (balanced) sx/so

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I actually think the 1w9 is a more important part of my personality than MBTI or socionics is because my enneagram type (though I have been confused at times) is much more consistent. I can easily, clearly and retrospectively see all of the 1w9 aspects intertwined with all stages of my life. The MBTI has instead been easily affected by my environment, my stress and energy levels. The enneagram type just seems more "all encompassing".
    I relate to this to quite a large extent. Although I'm perfectly confident of my Mbti type (unlike many), it's the only one that fits, and it makes a lot of sense to me; I nevertheless am a very untypical example of the type if my observations and experiences with my own type both here and irl are anything to go by. I understand where they're coming from, but our motivations, style of acting and preoccupations are quite foreign most of the time; we may be following the same cognitive process a lot of the time, but have a quite different outlook on ourselves and on life. Enneagram-wise, I find myself relating to almost everything that's being posted in this thread, though most people are types that are not even close to my own.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Alright I'm biting.
    I don't really think of myself as a perfectionist...everyone says they're a perfectionist. It's one of the meaningless comments you make when asked what is a bad quality you have, say "I'm a perfectionist."
    I don't. It would seem like a manipulative form of indirect self-promotion, so I wouldn't have the remotest inclination to go there. People will probably find out about my perfectionism and tendency to be critical over certain issues in good time, whether I want them to know or not...

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Interestingly enough, I once read that a big difference between 1s and 3s is that 1s couldnt promote themselves even if they tried, where as 3s cant help it!
    Certainly fits my own experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Sometimes it might leave us looking like we have no identity. Of course, we do have an identity. Its an identity that seeks to be above condemnation by always being right, seeking the right answer and sometimes correcting everyone else's wrong answer. Again, sometimes these right answers can be oppositional to each other, making us look like hypocrites or even rule books. "How can they be so into doing 'everything' right in such different realms of thought/action/belief???". It looks like we are trying too hard, being too judgemental and having too much pride in a know-it-all existence all at the same time. Thats just how it looks though.
    ^ This

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I think our most honorable trait is the desire to be "right" even when its against our cause (admitting to your own ideologies faults for example). Think how valuable this is in something like politics or anywhere when we are leading people with some ethics in mind. Our most deplorable trait might be that sometimes in our own search to be right, we bring others down with us through critiquing people even when its not totally necessary.
    The former can lead to a lot of frustration when trying to get your point across though. People are so used to encountering a more simplistic assumption of your own views being beyond reproach (actually an ego-defense, whereas the ego-defense for ones inheres, somewhat counter-intuitively, in precisely the need to be open to alternative views to escape the criticism of being narrow or dogmatic) that they frequently assume it to indicate a lack of confidence or inconsistency; then proceed to be very surprised at their inability to shift you from a position which is no less firmly held because you can rationally agknowledge its flaws. This is my experience, anyway.

    The latter point rings unpleasantly true, I've encountered it so many times. Unfortunately it's difficult for others not to take it personally, and many will lash out and stop at nothing to bring you down to the level they erroneously suppose you are trying to bring them to. It can be extremely difficult to get across that you in fact were simply motivated by wishing for a few minor improvements when someone has switched off the rational part of their brain in their conviction that you are trying to destroy them utterly, and is just out for revenge by any means possible.

    It's extremely difficult for a one in these situations because the self-imposed restrictions we place on our conduct make it impossible to participate in a "dirty" conflict on equal terms. Here's a metaphor I find semi-amusing:

    It's a bit like feeling bound to fight an old-fashioned duel where you intend to defend your own honour and observe the rules of civilised decency by walking the regulation ten paces, turning at the prescribed moment, and firing a single shot. However, you discover that your less conscientious opponent came armed with an automatic weapon, which they pull out as soon as your back was turned, finally seeing a moment of weakness, and proceed to spray a destructive stream of bullets wildly around the surrounding countryside in their vengeful rage, supported by several heavily armed friends with flamethrowers and bazookas who they recruited and hid in the hedgerows to ambush you. (You of course came alone, as you did not really want to fight this battle, and if you must, it's against your principles to drag anyone else into it.) You survive though, albeit battered, bruised, and scorched, as all their firepower inevitably goes wide of the mark due to their total inability to see you clearly in the first place. However, the authorites then turn up and blame you for the resulting devastation. Worse, you blame yourself

    Neither triumph in victory or glory in defeat can be gained from these inadvertant personal conflicts. I just wish I could find a way to stay out of them altogether I suspect it's the fact that the criticisms are actually pertinent and can't really be gainsaid which tends to threaten people into such a defensive, emotionally charged response. Sometime I almost feel like I'm the only one who actually is not only willing, but feels the obligation to change myself and accept responsibility for my own mistakes.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  10. #50
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    I think Ann Coulter is a 1. For obvious reasons I was wary of her, but I started listening to her points, and (removing her completely inappropriate invective toward others), I see a lot of well-reasoned claims.

    She looks to be an ExTx Enneagram 1 who prioritizes her understanding of what is true at the expense of all social mores. Like she is unable to Fe her way into anything.

    She gets herself hated by all sides, instead of just one.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] hello guys ! :) I have a question for all of u ISTPs and people who know ISTPs :)
    By nataliecarmen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 01:06 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
  3. a dandelion and a longing for the sea of all tranquility
    By Andy Quellenlicht in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 11:39 AM
  4. Type me (once and for all)
    By King sns in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM
  5. Need some insight to determine type once and for all.
    By Dwigie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO