User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 59

  1. #21
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    My analysis is in pursuit of perfection. I don't feel comfortable acting until I think I'm absolutely right, which unfortunately is a very rare occurence. So I get locked-up hoping that if I work on something long enough, I'll figure out exactly the right way to do it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Well, the pursuit of perfection and desire to be right before taking action could very well point to core type one with nine or at least as your gut fix point, but my question to you is how often do you really feel you are right about something? Like when you debate a topic with somebody do you go in with your guns fully loaded with just what you want to say because you already know you are right? Or do you go in ready to take in more data throughout the debate and possibly be willing to reform your conclusion? Do you have some things you have strong opinions on, so strong that you use them as a set of principles to live your life by?

  3. #23
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Ones are kinda creepy, they keep silent till the last second possible and then they take sides which will be the one that grants the greatest chance for things to be peaceful again after the aftermath. Ones are a bit like the followers a good dictator would need.

    Am I wrong ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #24
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ones are kinda creepy, they keep silent till the last second possible and then they take sides which will be the one that grants the greatest chance for things to be peaceful again after the aftermath. Ones are a bit like the followers a good dictator would need.

    Am I wrong ?
    ent, im just glad you're an ENTJ again. the world is right once more!

  5. #25
    Senior Member Delphyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    144

    Default

    1w9s, the pillars of moral integrity in a world full of lax morals and discipline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My analysis is in pursuit of perfection. I don't feel comfortable acting until I think I'm absolutely right, which unfortunately is a very rare occurence. So I get locked-up hoping that if I work on something long enough, I'll figure out exactly the right way to do it.
    I'm also wondering why you selftype as a One. Ones aren't exactly short of strong convictions.

  6. #26
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Well, the pursuit of perfection and desire to be right before taking action could very well point to core type one with nine or at least as your gut fix point, but my question to you is how often do you really feel you are right about something? Like when you debate a topic with somebody do you go in with your guns fully loaded with just what you want to say because you already know you are right? Or do you go in ready to take in more data throughout the debate and possibly be willing to reform your conclusion? Do you have some things you have strong opinions on, so strong that you use them as a set of principles to live your life by?
    There are a lot of things that make me type myself as a 1. None of the other profiles came close to being as descriptive of me (and I have used multiple sources). I go into to debates with confidence, if I didn't conidence in my position, I wouldn't be going into the debate. I'm usually only confident if I've gone over it a lot, and I become familiar with certain arguments like they were chess positions.

    But of course I'm willing to reconsider my position if my base premises are proven wrong somehow. That seems too fundamental to reasoning itself to be assigned to a type.

    I do have strong opinions on some things, and they are a part of my life lifestyle. When it comes to arguing beyond my lifestyle, I loosen up a bit because I realize there are some issues of subjectivity, but there are abstract concepts of logic and morality that I still press over anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    I'm also wondering why you selftype as a One. Ones aren't exactly short of strong convictions.
    A problem with these last two posts is that they have a fair amount of fuzzy quantifiers.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ones are kinda creepy, they keep silent till the last second possible and then they take sides which will be the one that grants the greatest chance for things to be peaceful again after the aftermath. Ones are a bit like the followers a good dictator would need.

    Am I wrong ?
    Hell yes, you are wrong. I'll say what I think is right and correct even if it disturbs the peace. Autonomy is very important to ones. You don't seem like you understand them very well.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Magic Poriferan...Something about remembering every nuance of arguments and needing to do this to be prepared for a debate sound more head-triadish to me. When I argue, the argument comes to me while I'm arguing. I don't feel I need to remember a bunch of details and postulates to get my point accross. I pretty much always know what I'm going to say when the time comes. If push comes to shove, I'll come up with an argument to demonstrate why I'm right.

  9. #29
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Magic Poriferan...Something about remembering every nuance of arguments and needing to do this to be prepared for a debate sound more head-triadish to me. When I argue, the argument comes to me while I'm arguing. I don't feel I need to remember a bunch of details and postulates to get my point accross. I pretty much always know what I'm going to say when the time comes. If push comes to shove, I'll come up with an argument to demonstrate why I'm right.
    I don't technically script myself for particular arguments, but I go over motions passively. It's not strictly preparing, because it also stems from my efforts to ruminate on the subject in the first place. But right at this point, this conversation is delving deep into the problem of online typing.

    This was not intended to be a thread for figuring out my type. I dislike those threads greatly, because I don't think they can produce anything of value. You don't know me, and my attempts to convey myself to you will always be distorted by frame of reference, omitted information, and semantic differences in the ways the people involved think.

    If it helps any, I've never taken a test that said I was anything other than a 1, and I took the test before I knew anything about the Enneagram. 1 was my first result, it fit me the best by far, and no result has been different since.

    IF you actually want to keep talking about this, PM me, so that this thread can stick to its point.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #30
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ones are kinda creepy, they keep silent till the last second possible and then they take sides which will be the one that grants the greatest chance for things to be peaceful again after the aftermath. Ones are a bit like the followers a good dictator would need.

    Am I wrong ?
    Such an obsession with peace and aversion toward prolonged conflict sounds much more like a 9 indulging its bad habits.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] hello guys ! :) I have a question for all of u ISTPs and people who know ISTPs :)
    By nataliecarmen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 01:06 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
  3. a dandelion and a longing for the sea of all tranquility
    By Andy Quellenlicht in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 11:39 AM
  4. Type me (once and for all)
    By King sns in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM
  5. Need some insight to determine type once and for all.
    By Dwigie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO