User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Little Linguist is a 1w2. I might be, also. I relate to it pretty well, but the last time I thought I was a particular type, I was completely and utterly confused, so I dunno. (Someone visit my enneagram thread plz to confirm! kthx.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

1000 posts ^^^ congrats!

Do you have any idea what your instinct variants are?

LIST:
    Magic 1w9 sx/sp INTP
    Babylon Candle 1w9 sp/sx ENFJ
    Disregard 1w2 ??? ENTJ
    Proteanmix 1w2 ??? ENFJ
    HeatherC 1w2 ??? ENFJ
    LittleLinguist 1w2 ??? SanChol
    EJCC 1w2 ??? ESTJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Thanks! Pretty sure I'm soc/sx. Haven't found a description of that stacking besides that little one-paragraph thing, but everything in that paragraph seemed to fit me well.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INFP

I think I'm an SO/SX

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I found out recently that I relate quite a lot to E1. Only problem is, I can never remember what 1s are about, from what I can recall, fear of corruption leads to idealism of sorts. I have a couple of friends who I think are 1s, and they're pretty diligent but sort of combine it with imagination I think... not too sure.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    On a separate forum, I found a poll asking people which enneagram type they found the hardest identify with or relate to. The type 1 lead the poll.

So, it sounds like there's a bit of an image and influence problem here. Obscure and misunderstood. I'm a 1 myself (of this I'm confident to the point of thinking I got lucky) so naturally this trend catches my eye. It makes me reflect a lot.
    I find this very interesting. For obvious reasons, I have a hard time understanding why one couldn't relate to type 1. I can relate to pretty much every type, to an extent, since I think that most people have those traits in them to a degree. For example, I feel like most people have the type 6 trait of either avoiding their fears or attacking them to get them out of the way.

But I'll try to explain one aspect of (what I consider to be) 1-ness. Fellow ones, tell me if you relate to this:

You know how when little children are "good kids", they react really strongly when they've done something wrong, e.g. they might cry because "I was a bad kid, and I don't want to be a bad kid, because being bad is BAD"?

If other ones are like me, then, in a sense, they never stop being that kid. You do something that's against your ideals, and you feel horrible about it, and you beat yourself up about it, regardless of whether or not other people feel worse about you for it.

There were so many times when I acted like that kid, and my parents had no idea what I was on about. e.g:
    Me (age 13): Oh my god guys! I'm SO SORRY I was home late! I got carried away, and my friends and I were watching a really good movie, and I forgot to call you...
    Dad (INTP and probably Type 5): It's no problem. Your mom and I understand. It's no big deal.
    Me: But you and Mom and I were going to hang out later, and because I was late we can't do that! And I ruined our plans! And so I feel really really really bad...
    Dad (surprised): No big deal. Really. I'm not disappointed in you or anything. It wasn't really a plan.
    Me (even more surprised): ... *double take*... wait, what?

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I found out recently that I relate quite a lot to E1. Only problem is, I can never remember what 1s are about, from what I can recall, fear of corruption leads to idealism of sorts. I have a couple of friends who I think are 1s, and they're pretty diligent but sort of combine it with imagination I think... not too sure.
    I like this description, personally - I think it sums it up pretty nicely:
    Enneagram Personality Type One: The Perfectionist

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yes, my guilt is unfortunately nearly inconsolable.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Empathy hug!

Edit: Another thing about me as a 1 (that may apply to other 1s too), is that I'm very very very self-motivated. Also, even though "idealism" is brought up often in descriptions of Type 1, I don't really think of it as idealism. Even though I have my moments like that (e.g. "This is the way things are SUPPOSED to be, so it pisses me off that it's not working out that way! OBVIOUSLY someone's doing something WRONG"), in my everyday life, it's mostly like: "This is how I'm supposed to do things, so that's the way I'm going to do it".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Point 1? I want to go to there.

<-- direction of integration...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm a 1w9, sp/so, with 5w6 and 3w4 trifix points. I'm also an ENTJ. Magic Poriferan, I'm wondering why you identify with type one if you have problems with analysis paralysis. I'm not saying you're not a one, I don't like to stereotype, but that tends to be more a head triad thing, not a gut triad thing. I would like to note that while INTP does seem wierd for one, I think the philosopher Immanuel Kant was one.