• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] How to argue with an 8w7

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Do you feel intimidated of frightened an 8w7 or by a aggressive thug in general? Feeling overpowered and helpless when he talks down on you and verbaklly berate you? Do you feeling like crying when you are forced to swallow his BS? Here are the strategies you can use to make sure that will never happen again. :yes:

(1) Keep in mind that most of the time that 8w7 have a stupid caveman carrying a big stick mentality. If you are smart, you will understand that 90% of what he says is mostly retarded bullshit and can be ignored. it is like farting.

(2)Tired of him shouting orders like a marine sargent and following his orders? Feel like walking on egg shells when you see him? When he told you not to make a certain mistake, make sure you repeat that mistake at least 5 times when you are in his presense. When he issue verbal threats, say you are only forgetful and have panic attacks. You cannot remember anything when someone shouts and yells.

(3)Take assertive training courses or like martial arts classes like karate or judo or boxing. It strengthen your confidence and makes you more able to take shit from obnoxious people.

(4)Remember words can't kill. He could verbally abuse you or insult you, but he could never have the power to kill you. If he threatens to use force, wait for him to use it. See how far he can go and watch him shout like a wild animal.

(5)If you are one of the more sensitive types and he really hurt your feelings, and you feel like crying. Cry, cry in his presense, don't hide your tears. Do it over and over again whenever he shouts at you (at least more than 3 times). Sooner or later, he will get tired of seeing someone cry, or you won't cry anymore and get adopted to the shit he says.

(6) Buy a give-a-shit meter like this one:
mehgm5.jpg

Take it with you whenever you see him.

(7)(a)Write down every word he says on a notebook when he talks or insults you or bring a tape recorder and record every word he says. If he forbid you to do this, say you have problems remembering stuff and have to record it. If he still won't let you do it, don't do it then and make stupid mistakes (bascially forget everything he says and make retarded mistakes over and over again).

(b)Play the tape or read these words at home over and over again so you get adjusted to his bullshit. Next time when you go to work, pretty much you can adapt to what he says and not get intimidated by it.

(8)Draw a comic strip about you and your 8w7 boss in a meeting. (You remember everything he said from the tape reccorder or book). Draw him like a angry monster or whatever you depict him as. Post the comic strip on the Internet and share the website with everyone. The comic strip must have his exact words.

(9)Find a friend or someone who support you in a meeting when you see him, or someone who hates him as much as you do. Remember, one person cannot argue with two mouths. Watch him get fucked up. (Preferrably bring a ESTP or ENTP, or a 7w8, because these types can take a lot of verbal shit and pretty much disregard authority).

(10)Yawn when he talks in a meeting. Or fall asleep. Do it over and over again.

(11)Fart.

(12) If you are an evil genius type or have an machieveillian personality, you can pretty much see through his facade (an insecure caveman with a big stick). Buy your time and wait for him to trip on his knees. It takes patience and more patience, and one day, you will plot hims doom. Remember Julius Caesar got stabbed by 21 daggers when he got too powerful, this will probably happen to him one day when he made too many enemies.

(13)It takes experience to deal with a verbal bully or an oppressive person.
The more you argue with him or more you listen to his BS, the more experience you get and more skill you become.

(14)These type of people always have to prove they are right. Let them.
Use Guerrilla warfare. Contradict and prove him wrong when you see holes in his logic and reasoning, but listen attentively when he insist.

(15)Clap your hands when he makes a big speech or a fight. Say you agree and like everything he says.

(16)Videotape your fights with your boss. Post the video on youtube. :)

(17)If all else fails, bring a suicide bomber with you when you are in a board meeting with him. Leave early or go to the washroom and say you have a big surprise for him. (you can get a suicide bomber from your Muslim friends).

This is all I can think of ( I am not a 8w7 :) but I have experience with several.) The worse you can do is obey him like a slave. Make a stand when you have to. You don't have to take shit from anyone.

Anyone have any experience or strategies when arguing or fighting with an 8w7 or overpowering personality can share in this thread.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg that's ridiculous...and funny...actually it's pretty funny when someone behaves that way too. i think i usually just laugh...look at you getting all bent out of shape...haha...it's funny to me.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wow, I have one of these at my work place, and if I did any of that, It would contribute to me not working next week. Most of the stuff he says is pretty hurtful, but it isn't big enough to make a big deal about it. I saw him at the local shops yesterday and avoided him like the plague, even though most of the time he's (kind of) alright. I've argued with him before, and it only made him target me. I have ammo ready for when it gets serious, but anyway, it's just a bit of an annoyance.

S

sammy

That was hilarious and really on point!

Hmm, I have a shitload of experience with oppressive people who love to barrage you with verbal insults. My advice is to ignore them as much as possible. Any sort of reaction to their nonsense is encouragement in their eyes, whether positive or negative.

If you cannot ignore them for whatever reason, then simply laugh hysterically in their general presence. They may think you're insane, and they may begin to fear you, but the bottom line is achieved: shutting them up.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
That was hilarious and really on point!

Hmm, I have a shitload of experience with oppressive people who love to barrage you with verbal insults. My advice is to ignore them as much as possible. Any sort of reaction to their nonsense is encouragement in their eyes, whether positive or negative.

If you cannot ignore them for whatever reason, then simply laugh hysterically in their general presence. They may think you're insane, and they may begin to fear you, but the bottom line is achieved: shutting them up.

I don't know, ignoring usually doesn't work.

Like I said, it takes experience and stuff. The more experience you have, the more power you have in reserve. How to gain experience? Through argument and conflict. If you just stay silent everytime and let them steamroll you, you won't gain any experience. The key is make them burn out with exhaustion (because shouting and yelling costs energy) while you gain experience. The brain has a way of adapting the most bullshit of experiences.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
make them laugh... it's your only defense against them! :cheese:

or maybe strip naked... THAT might throw them off (thanks to the 7 wing!) :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7w8s are way cooler anyways :tongue:

and stripping's worked for me against an 8w7 ENTJ before... :laugh:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
More techniques:

(18) Draw a picture of your boss's face.
Make sure the facial picture is realistic and not a carciture.
Capture his facial expression when he is extremely angry or threatening, and then draw it. Post that picture in your room. Stare at that picture everyday when you wake up.
Whenever he gets angry or pissed, capture that expression on his face and draw it. You will lose your fear once you get used to looking at that face, so when you have to deal with him in real life, you won't lose your cool.The mind has less fear of what is known. When you give your fear a physical form and make it known and predictable (in the form of a picture), you won't be afraid of it because you will know what to expect, and your mind will be more ready.

7w8s are way cooler anyways :tongue:

and stripping's worked for me against an 8w7 ENTJ before... :laugh:

There is no such thing as an 8w7 ENTJ. Its just a stupid front they put up.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I've found works is to be completely passive aggressive. When they try to argue, just obviously let them be unconditionally correct. This will piss them off to no end.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
What I've found works is to be completely passive aggressive. When they try to argue, just obviously let them be unconditionally correct. This will piss them off to no end.

I don't know how not to do this.

This really pisses them off? Maybe they should learn to relax.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know how not to do this.

This really pisses them off? Maybe they should learn to relax.

Well when you aren't submitting to them, yet letting them be correct. That's how I deal with them, and it infuriates them. It's the 9w8's passive way of controlling the environment- be totally unaffected and control it by being this way. Like being a giant boulder resisting a river or flood. 8's control everything to avoid being controlled themselves, so when they detect that I'm not being controlled yet turning everything around and controlling them by not submitting, they get more angry. It's funny.

I have much less issues with 8w9s than I do with 8w7s. 8w9s don't try to overwhelm people like 8w7s do, 8w7s think that the best defense is a good offense in life, while it's the opposite for an 8w9. They think that the best defense is to be unbreakable.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
ignore them. the whole reason behind that shtick is that they cant actually do anything. -7w8

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm a 8w7 and I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Jaguar

It's another thread where people make shit up. Par for the course.